Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

He could have a Tiote like resurgence but at the moment he is useless. As I said in another thread, if we could get someone like Gomis in like for like I would be very happy. If we are selling to a cash rich club we could probably get double what his replacement would cost.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/newcastle-united-turn-down-bid-6498790

Newcastle United are understood to have turned down a £9million bid for Papiss Cisse.

The number 9 has subject of a £9million from an unnamed Qatar club who visited Tyneside this week.

Cisse has been given limited opportunities this season by Alan Pardew and as reported in the Chronicle on January 1 an approach from West Ham was also knocked back.

And understandably Cisse is keen to play on a regular basis as his career hits the peak stage at 28.

Cisse netted against Cardiff City in the FA Cup to bag his third of the season.

But it remains to be seen whether he gets a chance against Manchester City today

Well it was stupid to decline that offer.

No way we'd turn down £9m for this loser.

We would if we thought they would pay more - not fat Mike's style to accept a first offer.

How do you know it was the first offer? Plus if it was someone needs sectioning, loaded or not.  :lol:

More likely we've been touting him around there and leaked a fake bid to get things moving. It's how fat mike tried to sell the club there.

I was at the Cardiff FA cup game. I was impressed with the goal he got. He squeezed the ball in from a tight angle when there were bodies in the way. Later in the game the ball came to him on the edge of the box. The old, confident Cissé would have volleyed a shot at goal but instead he hesitated and then passed the ball to Ben Arfa. He also just failed to get on the end of the good cross from the right which Obertan put in.

Cissé is out of form but NUFC don't play to his strengths. We don't have wingers who put crosses into the box and even if we did we rarely have more than one player in the box. We don't play balls into feet.

I was at the Cardiff FA cup game. I was impressed with the goal he got. He squeezed the ball in from a tight angle when there were bodies in the way. Later in the game the ball came to him on the edge of the box. The old, confident Cissé would have volleyed a shot at goal but instead he hesitated and then passed the ball to Ben Arfa. He also just failed to get on the end of the good cross from the right which Obertan put in.

Cissé is out of form but NUFC don't play to his strengths. We don't have wingers who put crosses into the box and even if we did we rarely have more than one player in the box. We don't play balls into feet.

What are his strengths though?

Crosses into the box? He's 5"11 and not exactly known for his aerial prowess. When we do play to feet his first touch isn't all that great and he lacks pace to run in behind unless his run and the pass is timed to perfect.

Cisse just isn't good enough to be starting week in week out I'm afraid he just doesn't offer enough.

What are his strengths though?

Crosses into the box? He's 5"11 and not exactly known for his aerial prowess. When we do play to feet his first touch isn't all that great and he lacks pace to run in behind unless his run and the pass is timed to perfect.

Cisse just isn't good enough to be starting week in week out I'm afraid he just doesn't offer enough.

:thup:

The 'not playing to his strengths' thing has been done to death. It basically boils down to "Well we didn't pass him the ball, 6 yards out from goal with no keeper or defender, we forgot to get the offside rule abolished and no-one bothered to level out the turf 4 minutes ago to make sure there weren't any bobbles".

He has just been playing very poorly for a long while now, other players have come in and scored all sorts of goals. Remy, Ba and even Gouffran mainly from midfield were/are managing to get goals.

9million or not they are right to turn it down until a replacement is at the club. Take Cisse away and you have a loanee and Shola. You cant just go selling your strikers when you hardly have any in the first place.

9million or not they are right to turn it down until a replacement is at the club. Take Cisse away and you have a loanee and Shola. You cant just go selling your strikers when you hardly have any in the first place.

They didn't reject it for fear of not having a replacement at the club :lol:.