Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

He's done here, absolute garbage.

Hate shit like this. He's already proven there's a player in there that is far from garbage. It's always one extreme or the other.

This. He's woefully out of form and may never recapture it here, but to suggest he's garbage is fucking ridiculous. Boring as fuck to read.

He's done here, absolute garbage.

Hate shit like this. He's already proven there's a player in there that is far from garbage. It's always one extreme or the other.

that player hasn't been sighted in coming up on 2 years.

I understand that he wants to be an opportunistic "fox in the box" striker and so he doesn't drop deep to contribute in our build up play. But  he's constantly offside (Taylor half chance ) and his intelligence and movement isn't appropriate for our level e.g when Ben Arfa cut inside noone went to the front post and it was an easy catch for Hart. He can't expect every ball to fall at his feet or on his head .Therefore he'll have to pull his socks up and work harder for the team , not the other way round.

I was fuming at that, Steven 'f***ing thick' Taylor was intelligent enough to delay his run while Cisse was blasting forward before the ball was played. How is it possible that he doesn't understand the rules of the game at all?

Still refuse to believe he's a bad player, I just think there's just not something right with him this season - probably a hangover from the refusal to wear Wonga thing. I also don't think he really works in our current formation/ethos. He's a poacher and doesn't really carve out his own chances. He needs to latch onto early crosses, flick-ons and through balls and then to shoot before he has a chance to think but we haven't really got wide men who cross in the team at the moment. I was a real fan of his but it's probably time to get rid given he's not fitting in. Still think he'll do well in the right team though.

Good post. :thup:

Unfortunately for Papiss, the sale tickets are all over him! He doesnt fit in to our system any more and i agree with an earlier post that he is just a poacher, the system we play atm requires him to be a complete forward and he just cant cope! The reason he played well before was that Ba done the work for him! We need a new number 9 :)

Unfortunately for Papiss, the sale tickets are all over him! He doesnt fit in to our system any more and i agree with an earlier post that he is just a poacher, the system we play atm requires him to be a complete forward and he just cant cope! The reason he played well before was that Ba done the work for him! We need a new number 9 :)

That Italian 19yr old who just put 4 past AC Milan would do.

Co-owned by Juve.

Co-owned by Juve.

Carlton Cole it is then.

Still refuse to believe he's a bad player, I just think there's just not something right with him this season - probably a hangover from the refusal to wear Wonga thing. I also don't think he really works in our current formation/ethos. He's a poacher and doesn't really carve out his own chances. He needs to latch onto early crosses, flick-ons and through balls and then to shoot before he has a chance to think but we haven't really got wide men who cross in the team at the moment. I was a real fan of his but it's probably time to get rid given he's not fitting in. Still think he'll do well in the right team though.

Agree :thup:

He really needs good delivery from wide and that just doesn't happen the way we play.

Would dearly love for him to find his form again but I'm rapidly losing faith that he's going to get back to being the player that signed for us.

This might be one of those situations were the best thing for all parties is a clean break and a fresh start for him somewhere else.

I also have a sneaking feeling that the Wonga thing has mentally fucked him up and that isn't going to change anytime soon.

Hoping beyond hope he can click back into gear.

Basically. I would add to this though he's doing nothing to suggest he wants to rectify matters.

cisse is lethal in the box. He is average outside the box. Last year - no matter what striker we had, would have struggled since there were no service. He was very much isolated on top.

I still believe in him. I would like to see him much more - probably in a 4-4-2 with remy on top or maybe 4-5-1- with remy on the left.

Think we should try that for the rest of the season since we will end 8 or 9 anyway. He deserves a chance and in the summer we could decide what to happen.

I basically blames pardew for his form. The wonga deal and its effect on cisse i cannot comment on.

Guest reefatoon

Agree :thup:

He really needs good delivery from wide and that just doesn't happen the way we play.

He needs Peter Beardsley in his prime to be playing alongside him.