Fulham 5 - 2 Newcastle United - 21/01/12 - Post-disaster reaction from page 60

Dave

If he had been sent off, I'd like to think we'd have shut up shop. Which we're actually not too bad at - weirdly.

In hindsight, it might have helped more had he gone for the foul in the first half (the first pull at the half way line, not the offence he got booked for). We were still one up then.

Anyway, it was a massive warning that Pardew didn't heed in spite of having half time to deal with it.

Erm, the way Duff was claiming the penalty with that much vitriol also had my blood boiling. YOU PLAYED FOR US YOU F*CKING PIECE OF SH1T. Have some respect for our club and some dignity for yourself. Instead he's become a massive player since he left us, which is incredible since we were paying him fatloads and he did fuck all with it.

If he had been sent off, I'd like to think we'd have shut up shop. Which we're actually not too bad at - weirdly.

In hindsight, it might have helped more had he gone for the foul in the first half (the first pull at the half way line, not the offence he got booked for). We were still one up then.

Anyway, it was a massive warning that Pardew didn't heed in spite of having half time to deal with it.

Exactky, that incident showed what Fulham had in mind. Baird's substitution only served to solidify their midfield but the tactics of playing ball over the top for the likes of Johnson, Dempsey and Zamora to run on to started in the first half. We had a narrow miss and Pards didn't react. That's my gripe with Pards, he is unable to read the game fast enough and to react when the opposite manager changes things around

Guest sicko2ndbest

That's the problem with only having 2 fit centre halves

If one of them loses form they will keep their place regardless

Now I'm not on my phone I'll give my two pennies worth on what was an eventful game:

First half we were comfortable. We started with a few long balls, but when we eventually settled down we dominated possession and looked by far the more positive side. It was dull for periods but overall we came out on top, I was expecting more of the same the second half...

The penalty decision was woeful, it was outside the box, it was a dive, say what you want but was to come was not down to a refereeing decision. Blackburn aside we've struggled against the 4-3-3 formation all season, this was compounded today by the lack of a natural defensive midfielder. Jol was smart, he stuck Zamora up top with Johnson and Ruiz either side, he then had Dempsey at the head of a three man midfield allowing him to drift into the box behind the forwards. Nine times out of ten Tiote would of dropped deep to pick him up but due to his absence he was left unmarked.

While I lay most of the blame with the players for what was a shambolic twenty minutes Pardew has to take blame too. Dempsey was constantly dropping off, we had a couple of warnings before the onslaught where it was evident an extra midfielder was required, but Pardew did nothing. Gosling hasn't set the world alight thus far but a simple instruction to track Dempsey would have been sufficient.

A few other moans too. Krul's kicking has been woeful all season, it was found out in heinous fashion today. Not only did it present Fulham with possession time and time again, he was directly at fault for the forth goal. As well as this the offcials were woeful, both penalty decision were clearly wrong. The first was outside the box, and I called Johnson's dive in real time, he blatantly went down well before contact.

Given results went our way today, the damage isn't too bad. There are lessons that need to be learnt though, particualrly against a three man midfield where we've struggled time and time again this season.

Thus far Pards has never reacted well to the opp coach making tactical adjustments. Just folds his arms. :lol:

I thought following the relegation season people would realise a defense is only as good as the midfield protecting it. Today we gave away possession cheaply and didn't look hungry enough to track the runners.

Decent point. 50% of the midfield's job is to defend, and Jonas was our only midfielder yesterday who is half-decent at defending. And he wasn't given a defensive role.

Pardew is coming in for a lot of criticism, but we were so dominant in the first half that it would have been a tough call to decide to 'shut up shop', as people are suggesting. And in any case, in the absence of Tiote and any other DM, did we have the players yesterday who could do that?

many wierd things happend yesterday. First penalty was really hard on us. And the 2nd one, if it was a penalty krul should have seen the red. But he got a yellow for complaining? Shola Ameobi should be demoted to the reserves until he manages to take down a ball, never mind run. Our defenders where just woeful yesterday, looking at extended highlights, I just get even more embarrased. Pardew has to take some of the blame for playing such a high line, a few yards further down would have helped us alot in that game. Zamora just bullied his way through our defence all day. Really miss wor stevo back there, that anti bullying bastard that he is.

yesterday was probably my worst expirience at an away game. was fucking shit. surrounded by the sit down faggot crew and the 'il look at you for 5 seconds if you sing a song' brigade. and the game was fucking shit.

From the first half showing, I thought we were gonna score a few in second half. Then we just did not bother turning up. They moved up the pitch more to close the space Guthrie, Jonas and Cabaye had. Sure Pardew changed to 4-4-2 as well. The 4-3-3 had been working for us well in first half.

I think Williamson, Simpson and Santon were fucking shocking defensively but were not helped by Cabaye and Guthrie like, At least with Tiote we would have stamped our authority back on the game. Still unacceptable to concede 5 goals in a half like, fucking embarrassing. Hope Pardew doesn't switch back to his 4-4-2 though, think we just need to be smarter and adjust when the other team change things. Tactically smart by Jol I thought, well played because there was only us in it to that point

Williamson and Simpsons positional sense was shocking. Simpson just watched his man go for the 4th/5th I think was so far off the pace.

First half we were looking to create, causing havoc and had loads of space - pity Ameobi was on the pitch, he offers fucking nothing and went missing loads while Best worked his arse off. Would rather play Best as the man up top and Vuckic on left of front 3 tbh

Guest Chubby Jason

We're liable to have these games now and then, you just have to block them out try not to make any rash decisions because of them. Williamson and Coloccini made Elmander look like Ibrahimovic last season at the Reebok but were mainly solid as a rock thereafter.

Right on Big Dogg.

From the first half showing, I thought we were gonna score a few in second half. Then we just did not bother turning up. They moved up the pitch more to close the space Guthrie, Jonas and Cabaye had. Sure Pardew changed to 4-4-2 as well. The 4-3-3 had been working for us well in first half.

I think Williamson, Simpson and Santon were fucking shocking defensively but were not helped by Cabaye and Guthrie like, At least with Tiote we would have stamped our authority back on the game. Still unacceptable to concede 5 goals in a half like, fucking embarrassing. Hope Pardew doesn't switch back to his 4-4-2 though, think we just need to be smarter and adjust when the other team change things. Tactically smart by Jol I thought, well played because there was only us in it to that point

Interesting that you leave Coloccini out.

I think Williamson, Simpson and Santon were f***ing shocking defensively but were not helped by Cabaye and Guthrie like, At least with Tiote we would have stamped our authority back on the game. Still unacceptable to concede 5 goals in a half like, f***ing embarrassing. Hope Pardew doesn't switch back to his 4-4-2 though, think we just need to be smarter and adjust when the other team change things. Tactically smart by Jol I thought, well played because there was only us in it to that point

Interesting that you leave Coloccini out.

Although I don't think Colo had his best 2nd half, thought he was much better than those 3. He was defending the left of defense on his own, with Santon playing as a winger and going missing. He needs to be more disciplined I think

yesterday was probably my worst expirience at an away game. was fucking shit. surrounded by the sit down faggot crew and the 'il look at you for 5 seconds if you sing a song'. and the game was fucking shit.

were you in the neutral? away end was as normal

Sadly, this is as close as I got to the Jacko statue :okay:

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/2252/img1420mk.jpg

http://img830.imageshack.us/img830/4503/img1421.png

:lol: What time did you reprobates get back in the end?

Got back to Central at about 10:45.

We have players who cannot contribute well enough when we are in possesion, yesterday namely Simpson, Williamson and especially Shola,

Even when we were on top first half it was only the exceptional performance  of the others that allowed us to carry these three.

We need to replace them if we are to push on and win these sort of games on a more regular basis.

I have stuck up for Shola in the past but he was a hindrance yesterday and we would have been better with ten men sadly.

As for Williamson and Simpson, they are like rabbits caught in headlights when in possesion of the ball.