sunderland

JH

Guest Roger Kint

quick quick everybody, over to RTG, sir ricky's back on.

its you isnt it :lol:

i wish, pretty sure it's a mag though. gemmill perhaps ?

Its someone off here but i vaguely remember Gemmill admitting to being a different poster on there.

really - he's not. cattermole has 40 passes in his locker, tiote plays like bracewell, get, give 5 yarders, get, give 5 yarders, usually sideways or backwards. tiote is one of the most over-rated midfielders in the league, no guile, no heart.

Read more: http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=707387&page=11#ixzz1xDKh1rXj

Fuckin hell :lol: all that was needed was 'no class' at the end of that statement and it would have been perfect

Someone once told me that the mackems were a bigger club than Chelsea, in a traditional sense :lol: :lol: :lol:

if they told you it about 20yrs ago they could have made a decent argument for it.

Someone once told me that the mackems were a bigger club than Chelsea, in a traditional sense :lol: :lol: :lol:

if they told you it about 20yrs ago they could have made a decent argument for it.

Very possibly. He did explain it to me in that sense (in relation to the past and all that) so my laughing is probably uncalled for. Still couldn't believe what I was listening to though.

Very possibly. He did explain it to me in that sense (in relation to the past and all that) so my laughing is probably uncalled for. Still couldn't believe what I was listening to though.

but if he was trying to make the case that sunderland are bigger than chelsea because of their history then he's talking out of his paternally thumbed backside.

but if he was trying to make the case that sunderland are bigger than chelsea because of their history then he's talking out of his paternally thumbed backside.

He was arguing the point that in terms of tradition, Sunderland are the bigger club, as in the fanbase has "always" been there whilst Chelsea have only really come to prominence recently (in the last decade or so) with a lot of gloryhunters amongst the fanbase.

Guest BooBoo

When I see Wireside saying "League titles is the only was of measuring how big a club is"

I mentally add

"That we can come up with that would put us above the Mags"

Whilst I find the "who's the bigger club" argument tedious, Wireside's basis is beyond ludicrous. How many clubs like Preston and Huddersfield won titles at the beginning of the football era yet who would consider such a club as "big"?

Without a doubt, ask a general football fan in this country or indeed Europe who was the north east's bigger club, most would say NUFC and that would have included the year we spent in the Champo. Barring an oil baron buying Sunderkand, unfortunately they wll never be seen as a particularly interesting club. Just look at how infrequently they are on television. Neutrals just aren't interested in them.

Look North: "Despite the rain and the lack of Metros, a record crowd of 55 thousand were at Sunderland's Stadium of Light last night ........ to see Coldplay"

Ive been laughing my cock off at the SMB’s metro strike thread – they’ve taken the fact it coincides with the Coldplay gig as a direct attack on them by the ‘Jawdee nation’. That the concerts still went ahead is now being seen as a victory for mackemdom! Take this embittered cretin, he sums up their entire mindset….

I bet you're seething , first a national TV show that showed the city with integrity and dignity as opposed to the Geordie Shore reputation of Shitville, and then a massive concert being hailed as a massive success and the city and stadium being talked about in high regard and held in very high esteem.

From which he concludes….

It must really piss you off that Newcastle has been found out for what it really is, big mouthed self promotion with fuck all substance.

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=704892&page=81#ixzz1xDt1LbLp

So on the basis of one drizzle-infused concert on an industrial estate in Fulwell, the cultural hub of the region has shifted and Newcastle is finished as a city! RTG man….if such a cluster of utterly clueless flapwipes didn’t exist, we’d have to invent them. They’re the gift that just keeps on giving!

Im not rich if I had £10m 10 years ago, and now have 10p.

Im not strong if I bench pressed 150kg 10 years ago, but now struggle to manage 40kg.

I have fond memories of my past, but today Im a poor and weak man. Women don´t want me today by knowing how I was 10 years ago.

Im not rich if I had £10m 10 years ago, and now have 10p.

Im not strong if I bench pressed 150kg 10 years ago, but now struggle to manage 40kg.

I have fond memories of my past, but today Im a poor and weak man. Women don´t want me today by knowing how I was 10 years ago.

shit mate what happened?

The Coldplay gig was such a HUGE success and they still mention us.

:lol:

Also, one Coldplay gig means fuck all, in Newcastle I've seen Machine Head, Metallica, Motorhead, Opeth, Alter Bridge and Alice Cooper (Amongst others), this must mean we're bigger and better than errrr, let's say China and Russia combined.  Aye.

Yeah but Coldplay are a bigger club...I mean band than those mentioned because they're mentioned more in the media...

And yet they, in their surroundings at the time, couldn't bring themselves to sing Paradise.