sunderland

JH

No, what is your stance?

KK> MONg  cos hes great and the other one is a Mackem bastard.

on a serious note...... If Mon was here and won cups like he did at Leicester he would be a legend for bringing silverware. He has undoubtably won more as a manager. But I guess you had to be there to truly appreciate what happened here under Keegan.  Id rather watch a keegan team. id rather have the cup success O'neil had, if that makes sense, im rambling like a twat now like.

Apart from their footballing philosophy both managers are pretty similar, both very limited, set in their ways, have to be the most important person at the club and both demand full control and take no responsibility when things go wrong.

Both at their worst are twice the manager Pardew is though.

Guest Howaythetoon

There is no comparision. KK's is a top coach and a very good manager overall. If it wasn't for his emotional weaknesses he'd probably be a top manager today.

what a load of f***ing s***, i'm sorry like i certainly am not trying to get a bite but nor can read this without comment

in the above sentence you've just outlined why there's a comparison to be had, keegan had his strengths and also his weaknesses, you can't just ignore the weaknesses because they suit you man

i was around during the keegan years and remember it very fondly, he created something special for a short time that had a lasting effect on NUFC for sure...you can't ignore the other periods of his career though, promoted fulham with a lot to spend relatively, was very poor at england, did ok at man city overall but nothing special and looked like he might have a newfound maturity with us the second time around only for it all to blow up

we're biased about keegan, and rightly so, but step back and you'd see that his record puts him as a good manager at best, more likely above average

MoN achieved a lot with leicester, winning 2 domestic cups, won everything in scotland (fine not gonna overstate that), started well at villa before it fell off and has now come to sunderland and started well again without really having any players of his own choice

there's very little between them overall imo other than keegan had the team playing wonderful football for 3-4 seasons, and why shouldn't keegans meltdowns be counted against him out of interest?

I'm not comparing CVs or achievements, I'm comparing their respective coaching and managerial abilities and for me, KK wins hands down. MON has never turned a player's career around via coaching and deploying them differently ala Rob Lee, Owen, Howey and even the likes of Venison and Beresford, journey men players with average abilities turned into competent top flight players.

KK even turned around Beardsley's game and he had the ability. He was drifting towards retirement at Everton before KK brought him back and rejuivinated his career to the point he went on to win even more England caps. He transformed Andy Cole too.

Ask Anelka what he thinks of KK. Indeed when KK came back to NUFC Sky Sports did their various around the grounds, managers and players reaction interviews and Anelka said he was the best coach he's worked with, how fun his sessions were and how good a man manager he was.

MON is obviously good at somethinmg because he has a good CV but I think he is very limited, especially when it comes to coaching players and deploying them. The fact he played CB's at full-back at Villa suggests he looks at physical aspects of a player rather than technical abilities. sunderland are a very strong, physical and agressive side as they displayed to full effect in the first half against us. Leicester and Celtic were similar. Villa were quite different but they were still a typical MON.

MON rarely does training anyway and leaves it to his coaches. KK was a proper coach in that he got involved, developed training sessions and worked with players collectively and individually. KK was also a manager, arguably the first of his kind when he first took over NUFC in that he was absolute manager. He was the coach, the secretary, the press man, the fundraiser, the fans liasion officer, you name it.

Sir John Hall was once asked what he found most difficuilt running NUFC and he said "ask Kev, he's the one that runs things"

That probably took its toll on him towards the end of his NUFC career and I also think he couldn't stop at just being the manager of the team or the coach at any of his other clubs or even when he came back here. He just has to be the absolute manager. That kind of figure rarely exists at a club anymore, even Fergie who controls everything to a degree, delegates pretty much most aspects of managing Man Utd, even down to teh actual training.

By the way some of the snobbery regarding KK on here and down right lack of respect is despicable given what he did for us, its as if some cannot wait to mock him, even against the manager of the unwashed. Shamefull really.

By the way some of the snobbery regarding KK on here and down right lack of respect is despicable given what he did for us, its as if some cannot wait to mock him, even against the manager of the unwashed. Shamefull really.

Aye.

Aye.

Agree most definitely - been shocked at some of the anti-KK views I've read on here.

Aye.

Agree most definitely - been shocked at some of the anti-KK views I've read on here.

You can only assume they're young lads or have short memories.

I do think HTT is being a little tough on O'Neill although the general premise I agree with.

:clap:

Well said HTT. There is a complete lack of respect for KK here, mainly by people who weren't old enough to appreciate him.

All I can say is from where he took us from until he left in 1997, from bottom of the second tier of English football with a real danger of slipping to the third, to the top of the top tier was astonishing and furthermore the style and panache of the teams he selected pissed on anything I've seen Newcastle play before or since. Even Sir Bobby's team.

Literally streets ahead of Clough disciple ,MO'N , who is in personality and characteristically in his teams, dour as fuck.

Guest Deadmau5

Keegans a fucknut man get off your high horse you c***s.

One of the first posts I read on here were from you advocating Ryan Taylor as player of the season,  so your lack of respect for KK doesnt really surprise me..at all

Love that there's someone that takes heza seriously. Awesome. :lol:

Waits for Anderson to pop in and crack up that people thought he was a reporter. :lol: :lol: Creases me every time getting reminded of that.

One of the first posts I read on here were from you advocating Ryan Taylor as player of the season,  so your lack of respect for KK doesnt really surprise me..at all

I liked you until you dismissed my Ryan Taylor post. Now I just think your an unintelligent buffoon.

Guest Deadmau5

Ah, alright. Thought he was actually serious. He reminds me a bit of another poster on here, that Ronaldo fella.

I liked you until you dismissed my Ryan Taylor post. Now I just think you're an unintelligent buffoon.

FYP

Guest Howaythetoon

Honestly it boils my piss. The fact of the matter is this: If KK said no to our advances back in 1992 we would have went down and missed the boat entirely. God knows where we would be now or what kind of club. I only have to look at Sheff Wed playing in league one and wonder... We were in the shit and deep in it. SJH had only intially got involved to get the club into the hands of the fans and when that failed he very reluctantly underwrote a few debts to keep the club afloat. There was no plan to get promoted or to take the PL by storm at that early stage. Simply to survive, which SJH was happy to help achieve but showed little sign of wanting more to do with it. It was KK who changed everything. He came into our run down club and looked around and thought do you know what, with these fans, they deserve better. He looked around and didn't see a club on the verge of going bust but future champions of england. Howay man, no fucker else had that faith in us. We have a fanzine called true faith. KK had true faith when no-one not even die hard fans had any.

Does the fact he actually paid Terry Mac's wages out of his own pocket not matter or mean anything? Or that when it looked like we were heading down, he called Sir John Hall and said, look, I'll buy your shares, I'll be the chairman, anything but winding up bust. He offered to put all of his life savings and then sum towards buying the club at a time when fans were offered the chance to own the club but obviously said no.

Even when he joined as a player his charity knew no bounds, buying new boots and kit for academy lads.

Interpolic has psycho-analysed me and got me, my behaviour and posts off to a tea.

Sorry chaps got carried away listening to Faithless - Insomnia and had to make a rhyme.

That reporter thing... :lol:

WTF is wrong with some people man.

Hew 'deed rat' don't aliken me to that goofy baldy napper.

I love Ronnie really.