sunderland

JH

While most are happy to blame Aiden Magedia, theres a select few who are sitting in a shaft of light as reality finally dawns on them:

maybe it's becoming more difficult to find footage of any of our players doing anything exciting - just a thought.

We are shit man nee fucker but us cares about us

truth is we're a no mark team to the rest of the country and we have nobody to blame for that but ourselves.

That distant clinking sound you hear is that of thousands of pennies slowly dropping....

While most are happy to blame Aiden Magedia, theres a select few who are sitting in a shaft of light as reality finally dawns on them:

maybe it's becoming more difficult to find footage of any of our players doing anything exciting - just a thought.

We are shit man nee fucker but us cares about us

truth is we're a no mark team to the rest of the country and we have nobody to blame for that but ourselves.

That distant clinking sound you hear is that of thousands of pennies slowly dropping....

More like the sound of their dads belt as it hits the floor. Open wide.

Guest neesy111

Proper kick in the bollocks for season ticket holders like.

How unfortunate.

I think they are used to it by now, I agree though.

How unfortunate.

Loads of season 'card' holders saying they'll give it up and pick & choose the games they go to while mainly feeding off free or massively reduced tickets.

Guest Craig-NUFC

Used to go to Sunderland Uni and I get this email pretty much on a weekly basis

Sunderland AFC v Norwich City FC Family Zone Tickets -

Sunday 17th March 2013, kick off 1.30pm.

As part of the University's Strategic Partnership Agreement with Sunderland Football Club, the University is allocated a limited number of tickets for each home game in the new Family Zone for University of Sunderland Alumni and their children.

The new Family Zone has been designed with young supporters in mind and features interactive games, Playstations, colourful decor, children's meal deals and visits from club mascots Samson and Delilah every single game.

If you would like to be allocated a pair of tickets please register (if you have not already done so) at www.wearunited.org. The online community for the University of Sunderland Alumni Association.

Once you have registered and have been approved (which takes up to 24 hours), log back onto the site and apply for tickets on our 'Event Registration' page. Allocation will be on a first come, first served basis (however priority will be given to those who have not received tickets prior to this match).*  All fields on the registration form are to completed.  If fields fail to be completed your application will be rejected.

Please note, these pairs of tickets are for an adult and a child under the age of 16.

Guest neesy111

I've just been reading this thread about them giving tickets away.

Is this a regular thing?

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=766798

Oh yes, it's been regular since 1997.

To the level of that bloke saying there were handfuls of free tickets in a pile at the university?

That's staggering.

Not university but giving handfuls of tickets out yes.  I live in a town between Sunderland and Newcastle and could get tickets from my school easily for games around millennium time.

When they opened up the Stadium of Plight in 1997 and were in division 1 (championship) they were getting full attendances as about half the stadium got in for free.

Used to go to Sunderland Uni and I get this email pretty much on a weekly basis

Sunderland AFC v Norwich City FC Family Zone Tickets -

Sunday 17th March 2013, kick off 1.30pm.

As part of the University's Strategic Partnership Agreement with Sunderland Football Club, the University is allocated a limited number of tickets for each home game in the new Family Zone for University of Sunderland Alumni and their children.

The new Family Zone has been designed with young supporters in mind and features interactive games, Playstations, colourful decor, children's meal deals and visits from club mascots Samson and Delilah every single game.

If you would like to be allocated a pair of tickets please register (if you have not already done so) at www.wearunited.org. The online community for the University of Sunderland Alumni Association.

Once you have registered and have been approved (which takes up to 24 hours), log back onto the site and apply for tickets on our 'Event Registration' page. Allocation will be on a first come, first served basis (however priority will be given to those who have not received tickets prior to this match).*  All fields on the registration form are to completed.  If fields fail to be completed your application will be rejected.

Please note, these pairs of tickets are for an adult and a child under the age of 16.

We ar United. :lol:

How unfortunate.

Loads of season 'card' holders saying they'll give it up and pick & choose the games they go to while mainly feeding off free or massively reduced tickets.

Brother in law is doing exactly this. The free/discounted tickets isn't putting him off it's purely down to the football.

He's got ''better things to spend his money on'' and has lashed his renewal pack in the bin without even opening it. He watched the 19 and 15 pointers too so he's done his time so to speak, he's just had enough. 

Looks like ive converted my step son...

His dad (decent lad to be fair) is a mag. Doesn't have a season ticket but goes to the odd game. Anyway I was up at the club shop today and took the young lad, he's only 4 so in fairness he just like any footy strips etc but he was very taken with our home strip, aided by pictures of said strip on the wall with players wearing it. Fast forward 10 mins and I've bought him full strip (£20) training gear, hat, snood, mug and a fucking calendar.

Read more: http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=767035#ixzz2NjsWGTXn

So, he brought an infant loads of tat.  Some people do not live :lol:

I know a lad and his missus who fosters kids from around the region, and they often received free tickets from (I assume) Sunderland council when they took into care a bairn from over there. As they live in North Shields, and none of the family particularly like football (nor did the bairn, a 6 or 7 year old lass) they never got used.

While I applaud the sensibilities behind giving disadvantaged bairns/families a free perk, he still occasionally receives them, over 5 years since the bairn went to an adoptive family. It just comes off as desperate tbh.

Looks like ive converted my step son...

His dad (decent lad to be fair) is a mag. Doesn't have a season ticket but goes to the odd game. Anyway I was up at the club shop today and took the young lad, he's only 4 so in fairness he just like any footy strips etc but he was very taken with our home strip, aided by pictures of said strip on the wall with players wearing it. Fast forward 10 mins and I've bought him full strip (£20) training gear, hat, snood, mug and a fucking calendar.

Read more: http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=767035#ixzz2NjsWGTXn

So, he brought an infant loads of tat.  Some people do not live :lol:

Mackem from a broken home. Typical.

This ticket giveaway malarky has been going on for as long as I can remember, certainly since they moved to that pit.

I remember suggestions that FTM should really stand for Free Ticket Mackems.