sunderland

JH

Sounds like a lot of the ST renewals they're sending out right now are going straight into the bin.

I don't have a degree in marketing, but I'd think it's pretty obvious that if you constantly offer reduced price/free tickets to all and sundry then you're going to piss off your premium paying clients.

Coupled with the dire fayre that Marty brings to the table and no realistic chance of progress in the forseeable future it's a perfect recipe for mass cancellations.

The fact the 'alternative' to us is a s*** club in an odious 'city' makes it far easier for people who may have been tempted to sway, to think sod that.

As someone who lives in South Shields has a mother from Sunderland and a Father from Newcastle, there was never much difficulty making the choice like. Even as a bairn I knew Sunderland was shit :lol:

Exactly, most of my family are sunderland supporters. Took me til the age of 9 to look at them and go, 'fuck that.. Mam, gan gerrus a toon top from TY McGurks at the nook'

Sounds like a lot of the ST renewals they're sending out right now are going straight into the bin.

I don't have a degree in marketing, but I'd think it's pretty obvious that if you constantly offer reduced price/free tickets to all and sundry then you're going to piss off your premium paying clients.

Coupled with the dire fayre that Marty brings to the table and no realistic chance of progress in the forseeable future it's a perfect recipe for mass cancellations.

:lol:

I don't have a degree in marketing, but I'd think it's pretty obvious that if you constantly offer reduced price/free tickets to all and sundry then you're going to p*ss off your premium paying clients.

Along with the slip you need to send back to cancel your season ticket apparently :lol:

Meltdown mkII when they start getting unexpected money debited from their accounts the stupid fuckers.

Guest icemanblue

The fact the 'alternative' to us is a s*** club in an odious 'city' makes it far easier for people who may have been tempted to sway, to think sod that.

As someone who lives in South Shields has a mother from Sunderland and a Father from Newcastle, there was never much difficulty making the choice like. Even as a bairn I knew Sunderland was shit :lol:

Exactly, most of my family are sunderland supporters. Took me til the age of 9 to look at them and go, 'fuck that.. Mam, gan gerrus a toon top from TY McGurks at the nook'

Yassss! :lol:

As someone who lives in South Shields has a mother from Sunderland and a Father from Newcastle, there was never much difficulty making the choice like. Even as a bairn I knew Sunderland was s*** :lol:

Exactly, most of my family are sunderland supporters. Took me til the age of 9 to look at them and go, 'f*** that.. Mam, gan gerrus a toon top from TY McGurks at the nook'

My first football boots came from McGurks :smitten:

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=766627

Ladies and gentlemen, we have the pre-derby full house.

O'Shea :yao:

To be fair though, the majority are choosing our players.

Fucking hell they do this all the time not sure why ?

But if you look at the teams they pick most if not all have more Mackem players than ours, that's strange considering practically everyone in the country would say we have easily the strongest first eleven and squad and even their own fans think they have a bunch of crap players because that mag bastard Bruce brought them in.

I literally wouldn't take any of their first choice players in place of ours. Mignolet from their pov seems to be their best player, admittedly he's having a good season but I take Krul over him any day of the week. Fletcher for Cisse is the closest decision in my book.

the 92 thing is a myth,

we were most likely in fact im certain we were in a similar place in the 'crowd league' ( :blush:  mackem term)in the 70s and 80s, round about 3-4th best supported, even when in a lower division, this takes into account that crowds have risen across the board since the taylor report/ stadium developments

We had plenty of lockouts in them days at a 36k capacity, as we did post92- but before the stadium was extended to 52k- again hinting that that 52k were there anyway but couldnt get in.

I think Sima proved on rtg, that they have attracted more additional fans post 97-sol, than we have post 92. 

92rs has no basis in fact.

This website says you're wrong

http://www.stadium-attendances.com/England-attendances-2010.html

the 92 thing is a myth,

we were most likely in fact im certain we were in a similar place in the 'crowd league' ( :blush:  mackem term)in the 70s and 80s, round about 3-4th best supported, even when in a lower division, this takes into account that crowds have risen across the board since the taylor report/ stadium developments

We had plenty of lockouts in them days at a 36k capacity, as we did post92- but before the stadium was extended to 52k- again hinting that that 52k were there anyway but couldnt get in.

I think Sima proved on rtg, that they have attracted more additional fans post 97-sol, than we have post 92. 

92rs has no basis in fact.

This website says you're wrong

http://www.stadium-attendances.com/England-attendances-2010.html

That website shows that since 1947 Sunderland have had higher average attendances than us 15 times, that also includes season when they were in a division below us and vica versa. It also includes 2 seasons when SJP was at reduced capacity in order to create level 7. In fact that last two seasons were Sunderland were above us in terms of average higher attendances was when level 7 was under construction.

I find it funny how Cisse is found out but Fletcher is great when Fletcher only has one more goal :lol:

Don't forget that the ones in Yewrop and the League Cup don't count, and neither does the one that came off his arse.

just been looking at that website, maybe a daft question but how does the stadium have :

STADIUM SAINT-JAMES PARK

Country   City           Stadium Name Capacity Seats Standing Seats

England Newcastle Saint-James Park 52173 42173              0

I find it funny how Cisse is found out but Fletcher is great when Fletcher only has one more goal :lol:

Don't forget that the ones in Yewrop and the League Cup don't count, and neither does the one that came off his arse.

Mackematics :lol:

I remember the year after promotion when Carroll was scoring for fun and Bent was playing pretty shit they used to come up with all kinds of daft equations to show he was the superior striker.

Guest alijmitchell

Going by that website, I have only seen one season since 84 that they have risen above us. I didn't go back through all mind.