The most dangerous striking partnership in the PL.

Parky

What's interesting about these two is that they won't form the typical little & large combo as a partnership. The (albeit very) early impression I get is that, as a pair, they can interchange and really mix it up.

Both can score with both feet, both can score headers, both enjoy a decent turn of pace, both can get right on the end of things and both appear happy enough to drop deep.

This really has some potential when you build in the Tiote/Cabaye factors, potentially find a place for HBA and have Saylor back attacking set pieces for them to feed off the scraps.

Absolutely delighted to see some movement up top which is basically why we are out of the F.A Cup.

Finding a place for HBA is proving to be difficult, it either has to be found before the end of the season or we need to move on IMO, and so does he.

Would like to see this once with the current crop of players:

Krul

Simo Saylor Colo. santon

Tiote

Guthrie.  Cabaye

HBA

Cisse      Ba

It's the only way I ever see HBA holding down a permanent position.

Yeah - I fear for HBA.

For me, he's the type of player that you let go out on the pitch and express himself. You don't worry about his stats, the times he loses possession (providing it's not on a ridiculous level) or his lapses in tracking back.

I don't see a future for him under Pardew but I really hope I'm wrong.

I'd find a way to include him but we'd pretty much have to entirely change the system/shape and slightly go against the ethos of pardews reign which has been very much about the collective rather than the individual.

Having said that, the issue I'd have with your proposed formation above (as much as I'd love to see HBA in behind Senegal two with a bit of freedom) is the omission of Jonas who is absolutely integral to us in retaining possession. And, even though we'll be much better at this with Cab/Tiote back, I think we'd still need Jonas. The concern of course is his lack of end product in an attacking sense but then he has to protect the teams weakest link in Simpson.

It's a dilemma and one I really hope Pardew finds a solution to because I don't think anybody would want to see HBA leave or see him tearing it up somewhere else.

For me the last bit of hope for HBA died when we signed Cisse, thought we might go 451 HBA behind the striker, but now it would be mad not to play both Cisse & Ba unless fitness interferes. All of a sudden HBA is trying to carve out a career on the wing, where he apparently didnt want to play but really has no option any more. Maybe if we had Tiote back he could play in the Cabaye role, but more offensive running through the middle and setting up the strikers. Again not his natural role.

There will come a time HBA will get pissed off like he has done in the past and he will be off. At this rate, I doubt we'll see another season out of him, he's got to make an impression fast and time is running out.

What's interesting about these two is that they won't form the typical little & large combo as a partnership. The (albeit very) early impression I get is that, as a pair, they can interchange and really mix it up.

Both can score with both feet, both can score headers, both enjoy a decent turn of pace, both can get right on the end of things and both appear happy enough to drop deep.

This really has some potential when you build in the Tiote/Cabaye factors, potentially find a place for HBA and have Saylor back attacking set pieces for them to feed off the scraps.

Absolutely delighted to see some movement up top which is basically why we are out of the F.A Cup.

Finding a place for HBA is proving to be difficult, it either has to be found before the end of the season or we need to move on IMO, and so does he.

Krul

Simo Saylor Colo. santon

Tiote

Guthrie.  Cabaye

HBA

Cisse      Ba

Yeah - I fear for HBA.

For me, he's the type of player that you let go out on the pitch and express himself. You don't worry about his stats, the times he loses possession (providing it's not on a ridiculous level) or his lapses in tracking back.

I'd find a way to include him but we'd pretty much have to entirely change the system/shape and slightly go against the ethos of pardews reign which has been very much about the collective rather than the individual.

Having said that, the issue I'd have with your proposed formation above (as much as I'd love to see HBA in behind Senegal two with a bit of freedom) is the omission of Jonas who is absolutely integral to us in retaining possession. And, even though we'll be much better at this with Cab/Tiote back, I think we'd still need Jonas. The concern of course is his lack of end product in an attacking sense but then he has to protect the teams weakest link in Simpson.

It's a dilemma and one I really hope Pardew finds a solution to because I don't think anybody would want to see HBA leave or see him tearing it up somewhere else.

For me the last bit of hope for HBA died when we signed Cisse, thought we might go 451 HBA behind the striker, but now it would be mad not to play both Cisse & Ba unless fitness interferes. All of a sudden HBA is trying to carve out a career on the wing, where he apparently didnt want to play but really has no option any more. Maybe if we had Tiote back he could play in the Cabaye role, but more offensive running through the middle and setting up the strikers. Again not his natural role.

There will come a time HBA will get pissed off like he has done in the past and he will be off. At this rate, I doubt we'll see another season out of him, he's got to make an impression fast and time is running out.

Tend to agree but hope we are both very wrong. He's got enough self belief to fully expect to start every week and he's not the type of lad to hang around for long if he's not playing. Like you, I just don't see a role for him in a Pardew team, with the signing of Cisse which pretty much commits us to 4-4-2 or 4-5-1 with Ba in behind.

The only formation which finds room for him in his best position is 3-5-2.

Saylor - Colo - Willo/A.N Other

Santon - Cabaye - Tiote - Jonas

HBA

Cisse              Ba

With HBA dropping in out of possession but we'd concede a shitload of goals which is the exact opposite to the principles/approach Pardew implemented when he got to work pre-season which seemed to be all about shoring us up. That said, the formation above would be one way of getting our weakest player out of the team and our most gifted back in the team.

Krul

Simo Saylor Colo. santon

Tiote

Guthrie.  Cabaye

HBA

Cisse      Ba

Yeah - I fear for HBA.

Tend to agree but hope we are both very wrong. He's got enough self belief to fully expect to start every week and he's not the type of lad to hang around for long if he's not playing. Like you, I just don't see a role for him in a Pardew team, with the signing of Cisse which pretty much commits us to 4-4-2 or 4-5-1 with Ba in behind.

HBA

Cisse              Ba

With HBA dropping in out of possession but we'd concede a shitload of goals which is the exact opposite to the principles/approach Pardew implemented when he got to work pre-season which seemed to be all about shoring us up. That said, the formation above would be one way of getting our weakest player out of the team and our most gifted back in the team.

It really depends on him, not us. Pardew and the club have shown patience in players, and given chances to players who were classed as finished in the eyes of the supporters. Getting decent to remarkable performances out of Raylor, Perch & Guthrie shows the squad its not over till you leave. Pardew is waiting for a more team based role out of him, HBA has never in his life been asked for this, if he responds and is finally broken he'll be a massive premiership star. If not he'll be the all out attacker I feel he wants to be abroad and we all lose then.

Krul

Simo Saylor Colo. santon

Tiote

Guthrie.  Cabaye

HBA

Cisse      Ba

Yeah - I fear for HBA.

There will come a time HBA will get p*ssed off like he has done in the past and he will be off. At this rate, I doubt we'll see another season out of him, he's got to make an impression fast and time is running out.

HBA

Cisse              Ba

would ben arfa give the ball away so much (still need to be convinced he does this anyway) with him having options to pass to and to create space for him.