The most dangerous striking partnership in the PL.

Parky

What's interesting about these two is that they won't form the typical little & large combo as a partnership. The (albeit very) early impression I get is that, as a pair, they can interchange and really mix it up.

Both can score with both feet, both can score headers, both enjoy a decent turn of pace, both can get right on the end of things and both appear happy enough to drop deep.

This really has some potential when you build in the Tiote/Cabaye factors, potentially find a place for HBA and have Saylor back attacking set pieces for them to feed off the scraps.

Absolutely delighted to see some movement up top which is basically why we are out of the F.A Cup.

What's interesting about these two is that they won't form the typical little & large combo as a partnership. The (albeit very) early impression I get is that, as a pair, they can interchange and really mix it up.

Both can score with both feet, both can score headers, both enjoy a decent turn of pace, both can get right on the end of things and both appear happy enough to drop deep.

This really has some potential when you build in the Tiote/Cabaye factors, potentially find a place for HBA and have Saylor back attacking set pieces for them to feed off the scraps.

Absolutely delighted to see some movement up top which is basically why we are out of the F.A Cup.

Agree, I love the fact these two are good footballers first and foremost and six footers as secondary bonus.

Finding a place for HBA is proving to be difficult, it either has to be found before the end of the season or we need to move on IMO, and so does he.

Would like to see this once with the current crop of players:

Krul

Simo Saylor Colo. santon

Tiote

Guthrie.  Cabaye

HBA

Cisse      Ba

It's the only way I ever see HBA holding down a permanent position.

Guest hatem garrincha

Agree, I love the fact these two are good footballers first and foremost and six footers as secondary bonus.

Cissé is a very good footballer, even better than Ba with the ball.

Finding a place for HBA is proving to be difficult, it either has to be found before the end of the season or we need to move on IMO, and so does he.

Krul

Simo Saylor Colo. santon

Tiote

Guthrie.  Cabaye

HBA

Cisse      Ba

Yeah - I fear for HBA.

For me, he's the type of player that you let go out on the pitch and express himself. You don't worry about his stats, the times he loses possession (providing it's not on a ridiculous level) or his lapses in tracking back.

I don't see a future for him under Pardew but I really hope I'm wrong.

I'd find a way to include him but we'd pretty much have to entirely change the system/shape and slightly go against the ethos of pardews reign which has been very much about the collective rather than the individual.

Having said that, the issue I'd have with your proposed formation above (as much as I'd love to see HBA in behind Senegal two with a bit of freedom) is the omission of Jonas who is absolutely integral to us in retaining possession. And, even though we'll be much better at this with Cab/Tiote back, I think we'd still need Jonas. The concern of course is his lack of end product in an attacking sense but then he has to protect the teams weakest link in Simpson.

It's a dilemma and one I really hope Pardew finds a solution to because I don't think anybody would want to see HBA leave or see him tearing it up somewhere else.

Guest guinness_fiend

Krul

Simo Saylor Colo. santon

Tiote

Guthrie.  Cabaye

HBA

Cisse      Ba

Yeah - I fear for HBA.

For me, he's the type of player that you let go out on the pitch and express himself. You don't worry about his stats, the times he loses possession (providing it's not on a ridiculous level) or his lapses in tracking back.

I'd find a way to include him but we'd pretty much have to entirely change the system/shape and slightly go against the ethos of pardews reign which has been very much about the collective rather than the individual.

Having said that, the issue I'd have with your proposed formation above (as much as I'd love to see HBA in behind Senegal two with a bit of freedom) is the omission of Jonas who is absolutely integral to us in retaining possession. And, even though we'll be much better at this with Cab/Tiote back, I think we'd still need Jonas. The concern of course is his lack of end product in an attacking sense but then he has to protect the teams weakest link in Simpson.

It's a dilemma and one I really hope Pardew finds a solution to because I don't think anybody would want to see HBA leave or see him tearing it up somewhere else.

I would hazard a guess that this is exactly what Pardew, and every manager in the league, worry about.

Agreed. And as said the interchanging is a massive bonus, as is the trust they clearly have in each other. Very exciting times.

I try really hard not to go OTT when rating our players, I really do. We've got some cracking players at the club at the minute but these 2 could become fucking lethal. Pace, power, movement - not jut movement but intelligent movement and both can shoot the lights out from < 20 yards out. Get Tiote and Cabaye functioning behind them and keep Coloccini and Krul fit and we've got the makings of a great team.

Very, very positive after seeing that today. :)

Krul

Simo Saylor Colo. santon

Tiote

Guthrie.  Cabaye

HBA

Cisse      Ba

Yeah - I fear for HBA.

I would hazard a guess that this is exactly what Pardew, and every manager in the league, worry about.

You see I don't think you judge a HBA type of player in the same way as other players who don't have his explosive technical ability or the ability to change the game in an instant.

By all means don't play him in games we won't dominate or where we can't afford his luxury but for teams of grafters like Bolton, Blackburn, Wigan, Wolves etc we should be going out there to play them off the park and entertain not play percentages.

HBA is a crowd pleaser and, it's very clear, he possesses incredible ability. I get the feeling he needs to feel loved and trusted and that as long as Pardew is communicating with him and being fair to him he'll know he has to work his way in and will only play certain games but, in my John Humble, every club should have a player like this - he's what football is all about, a game changer, a crowd lifter.

I'm pretty confident KK and SBR would accomodate him in any of their sides.

Edit - Sessegnon seems to fit into the Mackems side and he's the same sort of player as HBA. Some games he'll be unplayable and in others their fans will wonder if he turned up. The difference is in the systems. They can afford the luxury because they play one up top. To me it looks like Pardew will be going with 2 up top for the foreseeable which basically writes HBA off as far as I can see or, at the very least, until we get a stronger full back so Simpson requires less assistance.

Guest VaVaVoom

These two look like they will work great together and both a goals in them.

With an in form Cabaye and Ben Arfa settled into a RM position we can absolutely destroy teams.