Rangers Newco

Decky

Guest The_Miz

(Never heard that one about "fenian blood" mind)

You've never heard that yet you're qualified enough to comment on Celtics support? Don't think so.

Back to what i was saying yesterday evening about the green brigade. I'd hate to sound like i'm back peddaling, because i'm not, i won't even attempt to argue the some of the songs / behaviour is remotely acceptable. I just envy the noise and in particular the flags and banners. I'd love to see similar at our place.

And before any smart f***er posts the anti-poppy stuff, no i don't agree with that either.

I'm with you on this mate. Some of the displays they have done are fantastic, the non-political sectarian ones at least. Would be superb to have some of that at St James Park.

Edit: Are we even allowed banners/displays?

I'm with you on this mate. Some of the displays they have done are fantastic, the non-political sectarian ones at least. Would be superb to have some of that at St James Park.

There's hardly anywhere to hang flags & banners at SJP, due to all the adverts. On top of that other clubs allow their fans to leave banners up in the stadium after games - whilst ours don't - and as someone who spent years hanging up banners before games and taking them down after I can assure you it is tedious as fuck.

You've never heard that yet you're qualified enough to comment on Celtics support? Don't think so.

Back to what i was saying yesterday evening about the green brigade. I'd hate to sound like i'm back peddaling, because i'm not, i won't even attempt to argue the some of the songs / behaviour is remotely acceptable. I just envy the noise and in particular the flags and banners. I'd love to see similar at our place.

And before any smart f***er posts the anti-poppy stuff, no i don't agree with that either.

When i said "superb" yesterday that's what i meant, although i knew i'd get shot down because old firm fans are disgraceful etc.

Clearly the green brigade are following the example of other countries ultras. I remember a documentary years ago about lazios ultras, the planning that went into their stuff ahead of the derby was months in preparation. Glossing over the fact that some of their politics is a dubious as it gets, the actual display on matchday was awesome. 

Rangers fans are bad, but the other bunch are far worse.

Don't some sections of Ibrox sing songs about being up to their knees in fenian blood etc? Just as bad as each other if you ask me.

Don't let me give the impression Rangers fans are anything other than bigots.

But Celtic fans haven't exactly been backwards in coming forward in the same kind of crap, only this season they were up to their usual, so bad even Celtic themselves were saying they wanted to ban those responsible.

As with any clubs bad support it's the minority. Yes, there is a rivalry, but the way everyone is speaking the streets of Glasgow are flowing with catholic/protestant blood.

Don't some sections of Ibrox sing songs about being up to their knees in fenian blood etc? Just as bad as each other if you ask me.

But Celtic fans haven't exactly been backwards in coming forward in the same kind of crap, only this season they were up to their usual, so bad even Celtic themselves were saying they wanted to ban those responsible.

As with any clubs bad support it's the minority. Yes, there is a rivalry, but the way everyone is speaking the streets of Glasgow are flowing with catholic/protestant blood.

I beleive the media have alot to do with this and the way they constantly blow it up out of nothing. The way old firm fans act on derby day is no worse than the way I've hear people talk in Newcastle when Sunderland visit.

I beleive the media have alot to do with this and the way they constantly blow it up out of nothing. The way old firm fans act on derby day is no worse than the way I've hear people talk in Newcastle when Sunderland visit.

I don't know about this like. I lived in Scotland and worked in Glasgow, and the way many Old Firm fans act every day can be fucking insane. I'm pretty sure it's comparable in, say, Serbia, but I can't think of any other clubs in the UK where the rivalry is so venomous.

I don't know about this like. I lived in Scotland and worked in Glasgow, and the way many Old Firm fans act every day can be fucking insane. I'm pretty sure it's comparable in, say, Serbia, but I can't think of any other clubs in the UK where the rivalry is so venomous.

Where did you work exactly? This isn't my experience at all. It gets out of hand on old firm nights on quite a regular basis of course, apart from that it is a fierce rivalry but I have never seen old firm related violence on a daily basis in Glasgow. Judging by some of the programmes I have see about the Serbian/Eastern European Ultras it is nothing like that.

I don't know about this like. I lived in Scotland and worked in Glasgow, and the way many Old Firm fans act every day can be f***ing insane. I'm pretty sure it's comparable in, say, Serbia, but I can't think of any other clubs in the UK where the rivalry is so venomous.

Yeah? Whereabouts/when was this? I live here and I'm in the centre pretty much every day and never see anything other than a few replica shirts dotted about. The bus through Parkhead isn't particularly pleasant but that's just because it's a shitehole.

I worked on Argyle St for the most part, and stayed in various places around the city and surroundings (Kilwinning, Ibrox, Crosshill, Paisley, Dumbarton, Springburn, then outside in Falkirk, Alloa, Stirling, Bonnybridge).

My original point was that I think the way Old Firm fans act on the day of the game is worse than Newcastle/Sunderland, and also that the everyday issues I saw were worse. Not necessarily physical violence, but the OP was referring to the way people talk in Newcastle. Maybe the Old Firm verbals seem worse because of the suggestion that there may be an actual organization backing them up (Loyalist/Republican). I have certainly heard people make that connection explicit.

I actually think that the issues are worse in outlying areas than in the center - on about five or six non-matchday occasions I saw people jumped apparently because of the shirt they wore. To be fair, I hung out in a couple of very ropey areas (and some very ropey pubs). One team I played for refused to call me English, and told me that I would be an Australian (was born there, but brought up in London).

Both sets of fans live in the dark ages, both sets of fans go looking for trouble wherever they go. Glasgow has to be the most aggressive city I've ever had the misfortune to visit as well.

I'd rather live in Sunderland, in fact I'd rather be a mackem full stop than be associated with either of those clubs.

Guest Chubby Jason

I remember when Rangers invaded Manchester and literally defecated all over the city. my mate saw a woman in a Rangers top taking a shit outside Burger King in Piccadilly Gardens. Classy bunch.

Guest Chubby Jason

They still visit the very spot where she laid her turd en mass every year to pay their respects.

Both sets of fans live in the dark ages, both sets of fans go looking for trouble wherever they go. Glasgow has to be the most aggressive city I've ever had the misfortune to visit as well.

I'd rather live in Sunderland, in fact I'd rather be a mackem full stop than be associated with either of those clubs.

Jesus christ :lol:

I worked on Argyle St for the most part, and stayed in various places around the city and surroundings (Kilwinning, Ibrox, Crosshill, Paisley, Dumbarton, Springburn, then outside in Falkirk, Alloa, Stirling, Bonnybridge).

My original point was that I think the way Old Firm fans act on the day of the game is worse than Newcastle/Sunderland, and also that the everyday issues I saw were worse. Not necessarily physical violence, but the OP was referring to the way people talk in Newcastle. Maybe the Old Firm verbals seem worse because of the suggestion that there may be an actual organization backing them up (Loyalist/Republican). I have certainly heard people make that connection explicit.

I actually think that the issues are worse in outlying areas than in the center - on about five or six non-matchday occasions I saw people jumped apparently because of the shirt they wore. To be fair, I hung out in a couple of very ropey areas (and some very ropey pubs). One team I played for refused to call me English, and told me that I would be an Australian (was born there, but brought up in London).

A lot of those are some pretty ropy places you lived in there Leffe186, I would never wear any kind of footy shirt in Spinrgburn, Ibrox etc. A lot he things you are pointing out you will find in any ropey bits of a city. You wouldn't expect Newcastle to be the same because it isn't a 2 team city with the same kind of rivalry as the Old Firm. I've had verbal stuff at me from mancs before when I was wearing a Scotland shirt, also when I wore a newcastle shirt in london too. Wasn't exactly worried or shocked by it, it's just the way it is.

Jesus christ :lol:

:lol:

TAINTED LEAGUE

May 3, 2012

By Mike Small

A man born in Devon who’s been involved in Scottish football for three years has just decided the fate of Scottish football. What he’s decided is that one club can behave with complete disregard to others and face no or minimal sanction. The problem isn’t Craig Whyte, who’s a chancer, but Neil Doncaster, who’s a clown. Rangers chief executive Martin Bain was part of  the SPL sub-committee that carried out the recruitment process, and former Rangers director Campbell Ogilvie who presided over the EBT scam for years (from which he received £95,000) is President of the SFA today. Ogilvie replaced another Rangers man, Gordon Smith, as El Presidente. Friends in high places are useful, and this is the Jubilee year, in which you and I will pay for a Royal f****** barge (“Gloriana in excelsis”) to be floated  down the Thames, but this is really taking the piss.

This is only made possible with massive media collusion and inertia.

As Alex Thomson wrote: “Announcing the US trucking magnate Bill Miller as the bloke-most-likely to buy Rangers FC, they refused to take questions at what was absurdly described as a press conference. Nor did they mention at any stage in this, the three really key things which have to be mentioned in connection with owning this club. Not one mention of assured creditor Craig Whyte who, he tells me, wants, £30m. No mention either for the ticket company Ticketus who may require around £27m. And the small matter of HMRC the taxman, who could end up due around £75m if the club loses a major tax hearing due any day now. Other fans will be outraged. Because what they’re attempting to pull off here is a huge tax avoidance and debt avoidance plan from the club already notorious for both.”

This is a huckster nation, where the filthy rich can do whatever they like. It’s a business free-for-all. It’s shameful.

It’s not just the EBTs – Rangers owe us at least £47 million - it’s the injustice of operating a league cartel (there’s no other name for the SPL now) dominated by one of Scotland’s largest football clubs that seems to be run by a gang of semi-feral businessmen whilst one in four Scottish children live in poverty.

The Beautiful Game? Unless Europe do what Scottish football have seemingly failed to do, then the game will wither and die. Not because we don’t have great potential, not because we aren’t a nation still football daft (against all the odds, weather and facilities), but because we allowed chasing money deals and SKY tv packages to ruin an entire sporting culture. We separated the game from the fans and then let ruling bodies be dominated by thugs in suits. It will die because who in their right mind would pay money to go and see a fixed-league? Never mined being awarded for failure, this is being awarded for fraud. It will die because we said that one club could act with total reckless abandon, then walk away…

Guest neesy111

Reports that the prefferred bidder has withdrawn their bid...

Such a shame.....