Rangers Newco

Decky

Why didn't they just play for free as well?

Why should they? They can walk now, get a club that'll pay them and continue on their career. I'd be desperate to get shot too if I were them.

Can't blame them for leaving like, not their fault the club is fucked.

Why should they? They can walk now, get a club that'll pay them and continue on their career. I'd be desperate to get shot too if I were them.

One of them joined in January, he can't be registered to a 3rd club within a year.

One of them joined in January, he can't be registered to a 3rd club within a year.

He can probably still sign for a team that'll pay him though, no?

+ is it not highly likely they'll make an exception in this kind of scenario?

Nah, he would still have to be registered.

he can if certain conditions are met like the club needing the fee to survive or the players not getting paid.

I don't believe that a) an exception wouldn't be made, or b) he can't sign for a team somewhere, even if he can't play.

Surely though it would be better to say play for free until the end of the season rather than risking having no club to go to?

not if he thinks clubs will be falling over themselves for his services.

Surely though it would be better to say play for free until the end of the season rather than risking having no club to go to?

He/his agent obviously don't believe it to be that much of a risk.

Equally, that player could get injured in the course of playing for free and leave themselves unable to earn in the future.  Clubs take out insurance, so perhaps any claim would be lost in the financial mire.

I like Wylde. He's a good wee player, weird he's one of the first to go.

Reckon he'll float around League 1 in England, maybe even championship.

Bolton bid 400k for him last year, reckon he could pop up at a lower end Premiership club, dont think he will drop as low as league 1.

Wylde would be well worth a risk here.

Young, pacey winger, U21 international who can cover lb.

As above post states, Bolton in for him in summer so there's no way he would go to league 1!

Without doubt the biggest player on the books is Naismith although he is out with a cruciate injury at the moment, but mcgregor and Davis are also very good players(although the former is a mental off the pitch!)

Guest Stephen927

If your graft went tits up you wouldn't work for free until the summer until you go to your next job, would you? The lad would be on a few grand a week maximum, he will have expenditures like everyone else.

Guest Stephen927

You don't have to register every player on your books and you can still take a wage from the club without being registered to play as you're still an employee.

Liquidation inevitable according to one of their directors. From bbc:

Rangers director Dave King fears liquidation is 'inevitable'

Rangers director Dave King fears the club will not exit administration and that liquidation is "inevitable".

In a statement, King said the club's owner Craig Whyte has "abused the loyalty of fans" by mortgaging future sales of tickets to Ticketus.

King also claims that Sir David Murray had no knowledge that proof of funds supplied by Whyte to purchase the club was secured by season ticket sales.

More to follow.

Guest Roger Kint

Heard something today about the 'Blue Knights' putting a bid in to save them by Friday. Didnt catch the full story though so not sure how likely they are to save the club.

Heard something today about the 'Blue Knights' putting a bid in to save them by Friday. Didnt catch the full story though so not sure how likely they are to save the club.

Not a chance of anyone buying the club before the outcome of the big tax case is known, especially not the Blue Knights. They'd struggle to even raise the required funds to get Rangers out of this particular mess.

Problem is that most football clubs require major surgery if they're ever going to be runnable by anyone other than billionaires prepared to burn through massive amounts of their own money. Slim Mike is ahead of most on this issue. 

Every administration some group comes out with this shite.

Guest neesy111

Anybody who thinks Wylde can cross a ball ha obviously never watched him properly. Pacy winger who can run all day but can't cross for shit.

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/56910000/jpg/_56910550_obertan.jpg