Swansea City 0 - 2 Newcastle United - 06/04/12 - post-match reaction from pg 39

Dave

Fine. But that has nothing to do with my post, does it, Madras? It doesn't deserve applause.

neither does it derserve slagging off ?

That's subjective to footballing tastes.

it's ok for you to slag them off but not for others to defend their style ?

how typical of you. :)

Where did I say that? Defend it all you want, I couldn't care less.

just with you saying it doesn't deserve applause, surely if it's subjective thats my choice ?

fair dues to the swans really, but next season we will see just how good Rogers is, teams will give them a lot more respect so they'll be much less of a surprise package.

then again we shall see what fire power they can bring in. that may bring some jolly into their finishing.

Guest neesy111

Anyone else find Swansea as boring as feck, it was like watching Racistpool play some Bulgarians in Europe in the 70's, fantastic ball retension granted.

They're a horrible team to watch and a nothing club.

horrible to watch ? thats cack.

Rubbish.

They are shocking to watch, may as well watch Stoke as they'll create double what Swansea did all game.

Guest neesy111

Anyone else find Swansea as boring as feck, it was like watching Racistpool play some Bulgarians in Europe in the 70's, fantastic ball retension granted.

In your opinion it is. I don't enjoy that rubbish and thankfully we'll probably have to endure it another two times before they're back where they belong.

what don't you enjoy about possession football and movement ? if i were a nuetral i'd rather watch swansea then much of what we played this season.

Enjoy your Scott Parker football, it's fucking shite to watch and gets you fuck all in terms on impact in games.

In your opinion it is. I don't enjoy that rubbish and thankfully we'll probably have to endure it another two times before they're back where they belong.

what don't you enjoy about possession football and movement ? if i were a nuetral i'd rather watch swansea then much of what we played this season.

Enjoy your Scott Parker football, it's f***ing s**** to watch and gets you f*** all in terms on impact in games.

yet teams best results tend to come when they dominate possession and it's what YOU wanted when you were crying about hoofball.

Sigurdsson and even caulker will be a miss for them, doubt they'll retain either. Also you can expect two key players to leave due to their success. After that they've then got to get back to that level, improve their attack, which means 5-6 new players. Big changes if it does pan out like that.

Also as you say llb, managers and teams won't take them lightly, as much as they've got a good base to build they could easily be sucked in to a relegation battle and if that happens their passing game will go to shit.

Also next season will have a strong premiership, some good teams with big ideas are currently fighting it out to come up.

Second season syndrome will be uttered, it could go tits up. They could even lose their manager. But for right now it looks good for them, impressive first season, loads of positives and a great base to build on.

Not watched Swansea much this season, and completely agree what they played today was appalling, but they've played some decent stuff at times this season haven't they? Can remember their 3-0 victory away at Fulham looked very impressive on Match of the Day, or was that just selective editing?

Guest neesy111

Enjoy your Scott Parker football, it's f***ing s**** to watch and gets you f*** all in terms on impact in games.

yet teams best results tend to come when they dominate possession and it's what YOU wanted when you were crying about hoofball.

I wanted football to play to the TEAMS strength which was getting the ball into our key players i.e. Cabye, Tiote, Ba, Ben Arfa.

It's fans like yourself that give this football club the bad name it has for demanding a certain type of football.

Not watched Swansea much this season, and completely agree what they played today was appalling, but they've played some decent stuff at times this season haven't they? Can remember their 3-0 victory away at Fulham looked very impressive on Match of the Day, or was that just selective editing?

They've beaten Man City and Arsenal and drawn with Chelsea and Tottenham in the last month so no idea where this 'back where they belong next year' stuff has come from.

There's a difference between more passing on the deck and attacking with speed and technique and being direct which is what we all wanted its pleasing on the eye and its effective.

Possession football ( atleast the Swansea version) is boring as hell and i would personally never want to see us playing it.

Possession in the final third is what matters not passing backwards and sideways in the back 4 .......

Under Keegan we played some fantastic stuff and we never resorted to passing backwards and sideways more than whats needed which i personally always wanted to see ball on the deck but direct.

This 70% shit but hardly create any chances is personally not for me and i cant believe anyone here would want to see it.

Rubbish.

They are shocking to watch, may as well watch Stoke as they'll create double what Swansea did all game.

difinitely a matter of taste, i personally prefer swansea's play over stoke. 

I wanted football to play to the TEAMS strength which was getting the ball into our key players i.e. Cabye, Tiote, Ba, Ben Arfa.

It's fans like yourself that give this football club the bad name it has for demanding a certain type of football.

demanding ? i say play to the teams strengths, which to me means mixing it up. swanseas football is on the whole good to watch, out of all the teams in the bottom half i'd much rather watch them than all bar wigan (another passing team).

hilarious this after all the hoof ball shite, makes me wonder what some people watch ?

Guest neesy111

Leon Brittain has the highest pass rate in Europe but critically he has no assists and no goals this season.

While Xavi who is 2nd had 14 goals and 20+ assists (last time I counted).

Possession wins you fuck all when there is 0 goals in your tally.

They've beaten Man City and Arsenal and drawn with Chelsea and Tottenham in the last month so no idea where this 'back where they belong next year' stuff has come from.

Don't know what the hell you've been smoking for the past month, like. Fair play, though.

Leon Brittain has the highest pass rate in Europe but critically he has no assists and no goals this season.

Possession wins you f*** all when there is 0 goals in your tally.

player for player i'd say wolves and balckburn have better players than swansea, i don't think the swans will get relegated this season. they found a style that works for them and i'd rather watch swansea than wolves or blackburn.

There's a difference between more passing on the deck and attacking with speed and technique and being direct which is what we all wanted its pleasing on the eye and its effective.

Possession football ( atleast the Swansea version) is boring as hell and i would personally never want to see us playing it.

Possession in the final third is what matters not passing backwards and sideways in the back 4 .......

Under Keegan we played some fantastic stuff and we never resorted to passing backwards and sideways more than whats needed which i personally always wanted to see ball on the deck but direct.

This 70% s*** but hardly create any chances is personally not for me and i cant believe anyone here would want to see it.

lol come on lets get real lets not make out like swansea fires blank every game judging by how they played in this one game they saw of them.

ofcourse we thought they were boring because we weren't allowed to see our own team string 3 passes together. 

Don't know what the hell you've been smoking for the last month, like. Fair play, though.

Last year should have said. Point still stands though.

It's very easy for teams to come up from the Championship (play-offs) and play with fear of being outclassed by the Premiership big boys. A lot of teams prefer to grind out results and play within themselves. Whether you think its boring or not I think Brendan Rodgers should be given credit for the style of play he has implemented at Swansea and it has brought them success as well, which makes it even more admirable. You look at the (ridiculous) money Tony Pulis has spent at Stoke and what their fans are served up with. If Rodgers makes some good signings in the summer that fit his system I think Swansea could be in for another top half finish next season, definitely.

For me I'm pleased to see football being played in the right way, or at least attempted. Considering the attention its got hopefully it can serve as an education to the public about the value of the ball and possession football.

It's very easy for teams to come up from the Championship (play-offs) and play with fear of being outclassed by the Premiership big boys. A lot of teams prefer to grind out results and play within themselves. Whether you think its boring or not I think Brendan Rodgers should be given credit for the style of play he has implemented at Swansea and it has brought them success as well, which makes it even more admirable. You look at the (ridiculous) money Tony Pulis has spent at Stoke and what their fans are served up with. If Rodgers makes some good signings in the summer that fit his system I think Swansea could be in for another top half finish next season, definitely.

For me I'm pleased to see football being played in the right way, or at least attempted. Considering the attention its got hopefully it can serve as an education to the public about the value of the ball and possession football.

Agreed.

Possession wins you f*** all when there is 0 goals in your tally.

you dont compare xavi with brittain

thats like comparing steven gerard with lucas.

or xavi with macherano

they play different roles

Don't know what the hell you've been smoking for the last month, like. Fair play, though.

Last year should have said. Point still stands though.

It really doesn't, though. Home wins against Arsenal and City are great until you consider they've only won another 4 games at home. Draws against Chelsea and Spurs mean nothing, to be honest.

They've had a decent season. Plenty of teams have come up and done the same, before being relegated.

I do find the way that they play a bit dull and it's not the way I'd like to see us play, but many on here seem to be basing their opinion on Swansea's tactics solely on today's performance - I have seen them play with much more purpose and attacking threat in other games when they have used their wingers much more effectively than they did today. I find the idea that their style is somehow anti football and deserving of comparison with Stoke pretty laughable.

This 70% s*** but hardly create any chances is personally not for me and i cant believe anyone here would want to see it.

lol come on lets get real lets not make out like swansea fires blank every game judging by how they played in this one game they saw of them.

ofcourse we thought they were boring because we weren't allowed to see our own team string 3 passes together.

Not really i find possession football boring unless you have direct players to provide something different ( like Messi at Barca).......

and when i say possession football i mean pass to a stand still..... passing it backwards and sideways just to keep the ball.

For the record i have watched Swansea on quite a few times this season and cant say watching them excites me.

As already mentioned much rather see football on the deck but direct with your passes and trying to force the issue.

Instead of keeping the ball to stop the opposition from scoring like Swansea do.