Swansea City 0 - 2 Newcastle United - 06/04/12 - post-match reaction from pg 39

Dave

Was really gutted MoTD wasn't on yesterday. Was looking forward to them fawning over the second goal. Our match will probably get kicked down the pecking order and all they'll have time to say will be "I can see Man City being interested in him over the summer..."

Same, nearly went out to buy a paper today. Couldn't be fucked in the end but yeah MOTD would have been a good watch last night.

They will definitely be trying to get him a move if they talk about him though.

Well worth the bus journey down there, although someone took a shit in the toilet, it blocked, and the door was broken so kept swinging open and letting out a smell that still haunts me.

Still can't get over how Cisse finished the second goal, right in front of us, stunning goal, hopefully be on MOTD tonight.

Fair play to Tim Krul at the final whistle, afew of the players were walking towards the tunnel and he grabbed them all, got everyone to hold hands (cute), and celebrate/thank us for our support, bring on Bolton!

Guest Phil K

soccer am asking routledge and graham if cisse's second was a miskick! they agreed and claimed vorm said as much himself!

About standard for those peabrains.

soccer am asking routledge and graham if cisse's second was a miskick! they agreed and claimed vorm said as much himself!

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2012/1/12/1326383011046/A-pint-of-bitter-in-a-non-007.jpg

Apt.

Tbf Vorm is hardly going to say the little twat stitched me up like a kipper.

Quite laughable that the soccer am lot are the only ones mentioning mis-kicks though.

If Swansea want to see how 'carpet' football should be played, they only need to get in touch and we could pop a few match videos in the post from any Keegan nineties season.

Bitter little bastards

Even though I can't stand him, Soccer AM is utter crap now that Tim Lovejoy doesn't do it any more.

Guest pierre91

....since you were good enough to allow me to post a pre match link to my preview of the game, the least I can do is front up and post my Match report on your fine 2-0 win.

Thought it was well deserved and particularly well worked for.

Hope we're good enough to be around for more next year.

Good luck for the season, best regards, and respect.

http://pierre91.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/swansea-city-v-newcastle-utd-pl-match_07.html

Sensible insight, good knowledge of the opposition and all very eloquently put. Feel free to post here more often to keep us posted on the Swans. You played well I thought; hopefully you can get some more quality up front to help you convert the possession into goals. Still, you've done really well in your first season in the Premiership. Hope you kick on next year.

Sensible insight, good knowledge of the opposition and all very eloquently put. Feel free to post here more often to keep us posted on the Swans. You played well I thought; hopefully you can get some more quality up front to help you convert the possession into goals. Still, you've done really well in your first season in the Premiership. Hope you kick on next year.

:thup: always good to have posters from other teams

:thup: always good to have posters from other teams. Apart from mackems, they're always mongaloids.

fyp

Couldn't quite a grip of formation for this game. We started with our usual 433 with Jonas in midfield along with Tiote and Cabaye? And when Raylor replaced Tiote, he went into centre midfield too or did we revert to 442 at some point of the game? When Gosling replaced Cabaye, did we really play with a midfield 3 of Gosling, Ferguson and Raylor? Remarkable that we held out with those 3

Plus how our injury status post Swansea. Seem like quite a few out for Bolton. Colo and Guthrie are out. Is Tiote and Ba out for a few weeks too? Thanks

Couldn't quite a grip of formation for this game. We started with our usual 433 with Jonas in midfield along with Tiote and Cabaye? And when Raylor replaced Tiote, he went into centre midfield too or did we revert to 442 at some point of the game? When Gosling replaced Cabaye, did we really play with a midfield 3 of Gosling, Ferguson and Raylor? Remarkable that we held out with those 3

Plus how our injury status post Swansea. Seem like quite a few out for Bolton. Colo and Guthrie are out. Is Tiote and Ba out for a few weeks too? Thanks

I thought we went 4-5-1, when Ferguson came on just to make it even harder for Swansea.

Guest pierre91

....I was impressed with Gosling- he looked like the player predictions have always said he is. Have heard that at Everton they always thought he was better than Rodwell.

Many thanks for the reads and comments - good to have a conversation with the supporters of a genuinely big club, who, i suspect, will handle the success that your team is working toward with a deal more grace than some we could both think of.

Promise to come back, if you'll have me, in the future.

Have a good finish to the season.

I think the people criticising Swansea and saying they'll be found out and relegated next season aren't giving enough credit to us. It was our defending - as a unit - that made them look so ineffective. Most teams in the league can't defend like that so that's why they lose goals, and then when Swansea take the lead, you can see how their style is suffocating.

They're a good team who lacked a bit of edge up front but we defended very well which was why we won and looked comfortable. Theyre still far better than many teams in the league and hopefully will be here for the long run.

....I was impressed with Gosling- he looked like the player predictions have always said he is. Have heard that at Everton they always thought he was better than Rodwell.

Many thanks for the reads and comments - good to have a conversation with the supporters of a genuinely big club, who, i suspect, will handle the success that your team is working toward with a deal more grace than some we could both think of.

Promise to come back, if you'll have me, in the future.

Have a good finish to the season.

:thup: Always welcome. Seems like you'd be a great addition to the non-Toon posters on here. :) Hell, look at Neil and Mike, you could make it as a Mod in no time. O0