Swansea City 0 - 2 Newcastle United - 06/04/12 - post-match reaction from pg 39

Dave

Guest Paxton

Cisse is no Kevin Phillips like.

One of the best English finishers in the last 10 years, along with Shearer and Rooney.

Still doing it at 38 years of age.

Well,  If ever there was game where one side set out to keep the ball as much as possible, and the other set out to score goals................

Yeah...? Go on...

slow slow, and slow a bit, sideways sideways, back a bit,zzzzzz

Jonas was superb. Especially seeing the game out towards the end.

My view as well. He worked his bollocks off for the team  :thup:

Cant understand  the stick Jonas gets off some people on here!

Totally agree Wally.

He was asked to play completely out of position, and worked like a trojan (again)

No whining or complaining from him. Great performance for the team

One of the best English finishers in the last 10 years, along with Shearer and Rooney.

You might get to see him play for you again with mon in charge.

Well,  If ever there was game where one side set out to keep the ball as much as possible, and the other set out to score goals................

Yeah...? Go on...

In all my years of watching football I have never felt so sleepy and bored as I was in the first half, I think I would rather watch Stoke play than Swansea. WTF was that all about.

Yeah...? Go on...

In all my years of watching football I have never felt so sleepy and bored as I was in the first half, I think I would rather watch Stoke play than Swansea. WTF was that all about.

they had soooo much possession

in thier own half.

Guest Paxton

Wouldn't want it, so much hype and little deliverance would permanently damage his safc reputation when he retires.

Admittedly I thought with the possession we were going to get raped after the goal. But as time went on, I couldn't fucking believe the shot statistics, didn't feel like they 'troubled' us that many times.

Wouldn't want it, so much hype and little deliverance would permanently damage his safc reputation when he retires.

:facepalm:

Sky Sports had us at 23% possession. :lol:

I've actually never seen it that low. Just goes to show how little a statistical game football is. If you go on the stats, it was very much like our game at Blackburn - they had significantly more shots, corners and possession but the games were worlds apart in terms of how they panned out.

Thought we were comfortable today and deserved to win.

Unlike Barca games where the passing is done around the midfield Swansea's today was in front of our midfield most of the time.  I think the action areas were 20% for us near their goal and 24% for them, says it all.

Sky Sports had us at 23% possession. :lol:

I've actually never seen it that low. Just goes to show how little a statistical game football is. If you go on the stats, it was very much like our game at Blackburn - they had significantly more shots, corners and possession but the games were worlds apart in terms of how they panned out.

Thought we were comfortable today and deserved to win.

I wonder what the stats were the night Eric the red scored the only goal at sjp, when they beat us to the title?

Was waiting for Sky to show the action areas graphic but don't think they did. Toss up which third was highest in the first half, middle third or Swansea's. Guess it would have ruined the image of 75/25% possession in favour of Swansea controlling the game.

Rogers talking abot possesion, passing and movement. Just fuck off please. You guys could have played another 90 minutes of football today without scoring. No quality in the final third at all.

yep- keep the ball, dont risk it, therefore pose no threat- teadious as fuck

Was waiting for Sky to show the action areas graphic but don't think they did. Toss up which third was highest in the first half, middle third or Swansea's. Guess it would have ruined the image of 75/25% possession in favour of Swansea controlling the game.

They did, see my last post.

Guest Paxton

:facepalm:

Also I understood the joke thanks.