Swansea City 0 - 2 Newcastle United - 06/04/12 - post-match reaction from pg 39

Dave

We're turning into quite the effective away team. Cisse is absolute magic, Cabaye was superb in the middle but it was a great team performance today, we kept our shape, dared them to break us down and as many have already said they simply couldn't do it. For all our complaints about lack of squad depth, we've managed to keep a makeshift centre back pairing and the players that have come in have been superb. Long may this excellent run of form continue.

Anyone else find Swansea as boring as feck, it was like watching Racistpool play some Bulgarians in Europe in the 70's, fantastic ball retension granted.

Yes i will copy my quote from earlier.......

If thats football you can have it i say......

That's the most boring piece of sh*t i have seen all season they use possession to stop the opposition not kill the opposition its possession-based catenaccio.

Would rather watch a team that passes the ball on the ground at pace and direct and have 20% less possession that hunk of shite you call " football"

Swansea can have thier possession, we will take the points.

Unfortunatly the whole world have been poisoned by Barca and Spain to think possession means all but quite frankly what you do with that possession in the final third is what matters......

Everyone praised Bilbao for thier football against United but the overall possession at Old Trafford was very similar....

The difference Bilbao had most of thier possession in the final third while Swansea have most of thier possession in thier own half or on the half way line.

It's a technical marvel yes but is exciting to watch ? f*ck no !

Much prefer how we played against Liverpool and West Brom to that crock of sh*te.

The Swansea fans can moan all they want but they fact is they are held back by their own delusion that possession = attacking football.

Posession is the most important and functional element of defense. Possession football is defensive football......

Guest bimpy474

Anyone else find Swansea as boring as feck, it was like watching Racistpool play some Bulgarians in Europe in the 70's, fantastic ball retension granted.

Yes i will copy my quote from earlier.......

If thats football you can have it i say......

That's the most boring piece of sh*t i have seen all season they use possession to stop the opposition not kill the opposition its possession-based catenaccio.

Would rather watch a team that passes the ball on the ground at pace and direct and have 20% less possession that hunk of shite you call " football"

Swansea can have thier possession, we will take the points.

Unfortunatly the whole world have been poisoned by Barca and Spain to think possession means all but quite frankly what you do with that possession in the final third is what matters......

Everyone praised Bilbao for thier football against United but the overall possession at Old Trafford was very similar....

The difference Bilbao had most of thier possession in the final third while Swansea have most of thier possession in thier own half or on the half way line.

It's a technical marvel yes but is exciting to watch ? f*ck no !

Much prefer how we played against Liverpool and West Brom to that crock of sh*te.

The Swansea fans can moan all they want but they fact is they are held back by their own delusion that possession = attacking football.

Posession is the most important and functional element of defense. Possession football is defensive football......

Sorry mate i didn't see your post earlier.......totally agree.

They're a horrible team to watch and a nothing club.

horrible to watch ? thats cack.

In your opinion it is. I don't enjoy that rubbish and thankfully we'll probably have to endure it another two times before they're back where they belong.

what don't you enjoy about possession football and movement ? if i were a nuetral i'd rather watch swansea then much of what we played this season.

the thing is, they have no movement. they honestly do care more about keeping the ball than trying to score. horribly negative, boring and i agree- the sooner their bubble bursts and they f*** off the better. i dont like us playing too direct but f*** me, mix it up a bit swansea.

they have movement , from the back forward but from the middle it;s all lateral. they lack a decent forward. danny graham wouldn't get a start elesewhere in the prem.

I'm a bit surprised at some of the feeling towards Swansea. If they aren't able to make the possession count, then that's surely just down the level of ability of their personnel. Their general philosophy has to be applauded, surely ?  :undecided:

Sorry mate i didn't see your post earlier.......totally agree.

Dont worry about it ;) the only part of it from earlier was the quoted part just added the rest of that now and i did that when the game just finished is was bound to get ignored against the millions of " excellent win" Cisse is a god!" and such like  :D

I'm a bit surprised at some of the feeling towards Swansea. If they aren't able to make the possession count, then that's surely just down the level of ability of their personnel. Their general philosophy has to be applauded, surely ?  :undecided:

Aye. I think they're doing themselves a little more harm than good at the moment though by refusing to adopt any other methods of getting the ball forward. Based on today's game, anyway. On the other hand I also think we've not had a great deal of credit for the way we kept them at arms length for long periods.

I hate watching teams that pass sideways and backwards all game long, its basically saying our defence isnt good enough so lets keep the ball to make up for it.

Much prefer to see passing, flowing football but actually taking risks with the ball and trying to open the opponent up than just endless backwards and sideways passing.

It works for Swansea so fair nuf i just hate to see you were negative and Swansea " with a free flowing attacking displaying" when their style is as defensive as it gets.

They just do it with the ball instead of without it.

Put it this way, i never want to see us play like that.

The problems for me are 1) they have no real Plan B and 2) if they concede an early goal like today, the passing it round the back thing is more of a detriment than it is a benefit, particularly if the opposition are organised in defence and midfield like we were. Plus, it is quite dull to watch.

Aye. I think they're doing themselves a little more harm than good at the moment though by refusing to adopt any other methods of getting the ball forward. Based on today's game, anyway. On the other hand I also think we've not had a great deal of credit for the way we kept them at arms length for long periods.

:thup: Agree. They probably need to learn to mix it up a bit.

agree with that.

I don't understand why Swansea can't adopt different techniques for gaining leads/competing in games and use the most appropriate one. He's got the players sorted out excellently for the possession football, and it's absolutely ideal for defending a lead. I can't see much other use for it though, unless they get a more incisive midfield player and a top-quality forward into their system.

A philosophy that is intended to mimimise risk doesn't deserve applause. Acknowledgement, perhaps.

the philosophy is that if you have the ball you are more likely to score and the opposition is less likely to score. their problem is poor forwards and like us earlier on this season, finding a plan that does you well and being unwilling to change it because of that.

seriously some of us are going on like we just beaten barcelona,  it was swansea fc for christ sake, 

we just went to a team that has just been promoted, first ever season in the prem on a shoe string budget and we park the bus, got two great goals. 

lets not cream ourselves please  :love:

seriously some of us are going on like we just beaten barcelona,  it was swansea fc for christ sake, 

we just went to a team that has just been promoted, first ever season in the prem on a shoe string budget and we park the bus, got two great goals. 

That's odd. It was only a month ago or so you said Swansea were better at home than us - the 5th best team in the league.

Just doesn't make any sense.

Fine. But that has nothing to do with my post, does it, Madras? It doesn't deserve applause.

neither does it derserve slagging off ?

That's subjective to footballing tastes.

it's ok for you to slag them off but not for others to defend their style ?

how typical of you. :)

That's odd. It was only a month ago or so you said Swansea were better at home than us - the 5th best team in the league.

Just doesn't make any sense.

wasnt true though, because we had the better record  :p

They have great passing game, there is no reason they cannot build on it and make it more devastating. I bet a lot of players would want to play like that than hoof ball or contain/counter attack, and it may help them recruit better players for next season.

This is a championship team in it's first season in the prem passing established teams off the pitch, if they had more fire power they'd be dangerous and even higher up and those going nowhere passes around the opposition area will start counting as goals.

Boring? Na, not at all for me. Stoke are boring, a Sam allardyce team is boring. One trick? Maybe, but with better quality players which they'll undoubtably attract next season they'll grow and could be very dangerous.

Fine. But that has nothing to do with my post, does it, Madras? It doesn't deserve applause.

neither does it derserve slagging off ?

That's subjective to footballing tastes.

it's ok for you to slag them off but not for others to defend their style ?

how typical of you. :)

Where did I say that? Defend it all you want, I couldn't care less.

They have great passing game, there is no reason they cannot build on it and make it more devastating. I bet a lot of players would want to play like that than hoof ball or contain/counter attack, and it may help them recruit better players for next season.

This is a championship team in it's first season in the prem passing established teams off the pitch, if they had more fire power they'd be dangerous and even higher up and those going nowhere passes around the opposition area will start counting as goals.

Boring? Na, not at all for me. Stoke are boring, a Sam allardyce team is boring. One trick? Maybe, but with better quality players which they'll undoubtably attract next season they'll grow and could be very dangerous.

swansea was boring today, because we never got to see the ball