Will we qualify for the Champions League? Sadly not...

Rich

Guest bimpy474

Theres me thinking my Bowling ball falling on cock story might change the mood.

Got one about jizzing in my own eye, its like being poked with a stinging nettle.

Theres me thinking my Bowling ball falling on cock story my change the mood.

Got one about jizzing in my own eye, its like being poked with a stinging nettle.

aye, jill said it stings like.

Are you on the wind up Gupter?

We could win all our matches and still not finish 4th, so it's clearly not all in our hands. :lol:

Ali's right.  Spurs could win all their games and still not finish 4th so it's not in their hands either.  Spurs just so happen to have a significant goal difference advantage at present, but it's in neither team's hands in the real sense of the phrase.  As soon as a team goes a point or more clear it's in their hands.

We have a winner (well, another one who understands what I've said all along)!

Are you taking the f***ing p*ss? :lol:

Are you?

So i'm thick as f*** for saying:

We CAN still finish 4th in spite of other results, so if Tottenham win all 5 games, we can still 'mathmatically' finish ahead of them. Mathematically it isn't in out favour.

You then agree with Interpolic who writes this exact same logic, just in a different manner :lol:

It's not the exact same logic though. What you fail to understand is that saying "It's not in Newcastle's hands" does not equal "It's in Spurs' hands" as both are in fact relying on the results of the other, i.e. it's in neither's hands. I said the first, but never the second.

I havn't failed to understand anything, you have however. You have confused "It's still in our hands" as "it's solely in our own hands".

I expect an apology.

but if it isn't solely in our hands whats the point in the statement ?

Because it states that we can still finish 4th in spite of other results, if it wasn't in our own hands then that would not be possible, and infact it would be "solely in Spurs' hands".

i see, blackburns fate is in their own hands aswell then as they can avoid relegation in spite of other results, just depending on what those results are ?

No, hence why i've previously stated "in spite of other results". Blackburn will be relegated if other teams ahead of them win all of their games.

We could win all our matches and still not finish 4th, so it's clearly not all in our hands. :lol:

Ali's right.  Spurs could win all their games and still not finish 4th so it's not in their hands either.  Spurs just so happen to have a significant goal difference advantage at present, but it's in neither team's hands in the real sense of the phrase.  As soon as a team goes a point or more clear it's in their hands.

Are you?

We CAN still finish 4th in spite of other results, so if Tottenham win all 5 games, we can still 'mathmatically' finish ahead of them. Mathematically it isn't in out favour.

You then agree with Interpolic who writes this exact same logic, just in a different manner :lol:

It's not the exact same logic though. What you fail to understand is that saying "It's not in Newcastle's hands" does not equal "It's in Spurs' hands" as both are in fact relying on the results of the other, i.e. it's in neither's hands. I said the first, but never the second.

I havn't failed to understand anything, you have however. You have confused "It's still in our hands" as "it's solely in our own hands".

I expect an apology.

Because it states that we can still finish 4th in spite of other results, if it wasn't in our own hands then that would not be possible, and infact it would be "solely in Spurs' hands".

i see, blackburns fate is in their own hands aswell then as they can avoid relegation in spite of other results, just depending on what those results are ?

No, hence why i've previously stated "in spite of other results". Blackburn will be relegated if other teams ahead of them win all of their games.

and if we win all our games ?

Guest bimpy474

Are you?

I expect an apology.

Impossible if they are playing some of those teams.

:tobey:

Are you?

I expect an apology.

Then we'll probably finish 4th as Tottenham wont win all of theirs?

Are you?

I expect an apology.

probably ? i thought if it was in our hands, the phrase means that if we win all our games nothing couild stop it.........guess what, that doesn't work in this scenario.

Are you?

I expect an apology.

probably ? i thought if it was in our hands, the phrase means that if we win all our games nothing couild stop it.........guess what, that doesn't work in this scenario.

I've always took the phrase as meaning that you are very much in power of your own destiny, we are, no matter what Tottenham do we can still finish 4th, to me that's still in our hands.

Are you?

I expect an apology.

I've always took the phrase as meaning that you are very much in power of your own destiny, we are, no matter what Tottenham do we can still finish 4th, to me that's still in our hands.

no matter what tottenham do ? say for example they win their games by the same margin we win ours we finish 4th ?

Well no, because in that scenario we wouldn't have fulfilled the criteria needed to finish 4th. Like i've said, i'm not taking the term "in our own hands" literally, i'm just looking at it from our point of view, and that is "In the unlikely outcome that both teams win every game, IF we outscore Tottenham by 11 goals we finish 4th".

I'm sorry for starting all this. Next time an idiot challenges me I will bite my tongue, promised..

You don't seem to have the maturity to make a valid case in all honestly, hence how Madras seems to have taken over whilst you stand on the sidelines celebrating some imaginary victory over the internet.

I'm sorry for starting all this. Next time an idiot challenges me I will bite my tongue, promised..

You don't seem to have the maturity to make a valid case in all honestly, hence how Madras seems to have taken over whilst you stand on the sidelines celebrating some imaginary victory over the internet.

:lol:

Show me one post in this thread where I have said something that was factually, logically incorrect and deserving of the ridicule Ali gave me and you were laughing at and you will get your apology. In the meantime, I will consider your "i'm not taking the term "in our own hands" literally" statement as your admission that you were in way over your head.