Will we qualify for the Champions League? Sadly not...

Rich

It's actually just ridiculous when you look at it a step back. Relegated, come back up and get rid of a manager who's a success, get rid of your star striker. Next season, in the running for CL football with players that are of that standard. Just amazing, whatever happens this has been one of my favourite ever seasons as a supporter

Result today means Spurs can concentrate on the league now. No distractions and they've got a nice run in.

I think 4th is gone now unfortunately. Was always a long shot.

Never, the biggest thing is what we can control, we'll be playing Chelsea 3 days before the Cup Final with them potentially having nothing to play for in the league by then, we've got a f***ing great chance of getting something.

It's unlikely Chelsea won't have anything to play for in the league by the time we play them, unless they lose both their Premiership matches in between.

Behind the scene's the motivation and preparation for these games will all be around getting 4th, make no mistake about it.  The players have a fanstatic chance to do it and the last 5 results have proved that.  They just need to keep focussed.

What they tell the media will of course be watered down with little expectation.  After all it has been a great season in any event.

I personally think we can do it.

Spurs are in poor form and Chelsea are just about to be annihilated by Barca. Neither are in a good place at the moment, not as good as us anyway. They are both "better teams" but form and motivation counts for a lot at this stage. Going to be enjoyable anyway.

And Stoke definitely have the armoury to piss on our chips next Saturday.

Pulis will love the idea of halting our run especially after Ba destroyed them earlier in the season.  They will be up for it, no doubt about it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17730352

Newcastle set for Europe after Liverpool reach FA Cup final

Newcastle United are all but assured of a place in Europe next season after Liverpool beat Everton in the FA Cup semi-final.

The FA confirmed that the result means the team finishing sixth in the Premier League will earn a Europa League place.

Newcastle are in fifth place, 12 points ahead of Everton in seventh, with five games to play.

It would be Newcastle's first European campaign since 2006, when they competed in the Uefa Cup.

Manchester United, Manchester City, Arsenal and Tottenham occupy the top four places in the Premier League, which guarantee a place in the Champions League or Champions League qualifying stage.

Newcastle are level on points with Tottenham and still harbour hopes of reaching the Champions League. Chelsea are sixth, two points behind Alan Pardew's team.

There are three Europa League places available for English clubs, which normally go to the fifth-placed team, FA Cup winners and Carling Cup winners.

Liverpool, winners of the Carling Cup, will meet Chelsea in the FA Cup final next month.

That means Chelsea are guaranteed a place in Europe regardless of the result, so Newcastle will take the remaining spot unless they drop to seventh.

Guest optimistic nit

Result today means Spurs can concentrate on the league now. No distractions and they've got a nice run in.

I think 4th is gone now unfortunately. Was always a long shot.

personally i think its good for us, as we're relying on spur's bad form to continue and chelsea's fixtures to pile up.

I am really surprised how we didn't celebrate here about that achievement. It really gone here as if we all deserve to be there. this is a massive thing to qualify for Europe five games remaining is nothing short of a miracle.

We've got Battle for 7th and Race for Europe threads that are filled with a fair bit of excitement and elation. :dontknow: This thread is about the Champions League, which we haven't achieved, so there's not much elation to be had here... yet. :D

The pressure is off now and all we can do is have a go. Chelsea and Spurs have a "please save our season" mentality in the dressing room, the boardroom, the stands. It's affecting them, you can see it on the pitch. We've had a great season and who knows, it might get better. The momentum is with us after 5 wins on the bounce and we have nothing to lose now. One thing is for sure, when we play Chelsea and Man City we will have a good go and we will go for the win. I reckon we'll either lose by a few or it'll be another heroic Man Utd performance. If we go down, we'll go down swinging. Either way, there'll be a lot more nails being bitten in White Hart Lane and Stamford Bridge over the coming weeks. The fixture list may be against us but the pressure's off. Just read Scott Parker's latest comments, they're bricking it. A few months ago they were talking about the title (and they call us deluded!). Let's enjoy these final few games and hope for the best. We are within touching distance, we owe it to ourselves to have a good go. Howay the lads!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17730352

Newcastle set for Europe after Liverpool reach FA Cup final

Newcastle United are all but assured of a place in Europe next season after Liverpool beat Everton in the FA Cup semi-final.

The FA confirmed that the result means the team finishing sixth in the Premier League will earn a Europa League place.

Newcastle are in fifth place, 12 points ahead of Everton in seventh, with five games to play.

It would be Newcastle's first European campaign since 2006, when they competed in the Uefa Cup.

Manchester United, Manchester City, Arsenal and Tottenham occupy the top four places in the Premier League, which guarantee a place in the Champions League or Champions League qualifying stage.

Newcastle are level on points with Tottenham and still harbour hopes of reaching the Champions League. Chelsea are sixth, two points behind Alan Pardew's team.

There are three Europa League places available for English clubs, which normally go to the fifth-placed team, FA Cup winners and Carling Cup winners.

Liverpool, winners of the Carling Cup, will meet Chelsea in the FA Cup final next month.

That means Chelsea are guaranteed a place in Europe regardless of the result, so Newcastle will take the remaining spot unless they drop to seventh.

Aye the Chronicle seem to think England will lose a Europa League spot if Chelsea win the Champions League.

I´m totally buzzing and just can´t wait for the weekend :cheesy: But at the same time I´m freaking nervous about our game :lol:

I thing for sure. I´m totally living the dream :)

Guest bimpy474

Still completely in our own hands.

No, it's not.

Sounds like Ronaldo ;)

Well, it isn't, is it? Even if we win all our remaining matches we are dependent on other results going our way.

Chelsea would be out of it if we won all our games as one is against them. We would need the Spuds to drop a point, and Arsenal to lose 2 or draw like all of theirs.

You are correct.

Still completely in our own hands.

No, it's not.

Sounds like Ronaldo ;)

Well, it isn't, is it? Even if we win all our remaining matches we are dependent on other results going our way.

Let's be realistic, of course it's in our own hands.

Spurs aren't going to win 5 in a row.

Problem is, neither are we, so we'll see what happens.