Will we qualify for the Champions League? Sadly not...

Rich

I give up.. :lol:

Edit: No I don't. If we are dependent on Tottenham scoring more than a certain number of goals less than us, how is it "in our own hands" mathematically?  :jesuswept:

So it's not in Spurs' hands either then? :pardsgrin:

Of course it is you thick fecker, they only have to match our scores.

How can they match our scores if they don't know our scores?

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/085/283/philosoraptor.jpg?1291090164

Because if did the research you would know that for the next four matches they play after us.

and the last one ?

Edit: No I don't. If we are dependent on Tottenham scoring more than a certain number of goals less than us, how is it "in our own hands" mathematically?  :jesuswept:

Of course it its in their hands you thick fecker, they only have to match our scores.

How can they guarantee they score more goals than us? For it to be in their own hands they would need to be in a position whereby if they won all their genes there would be nothing we could do to catch them. Ie getting 3rd is in arsenals own hands and winning the league is in man utds own hands

I'm putting this to my kids maths teacher, if he says in our hands i'm going to punch him in the windpipe.

Not before I smash your teeth down your throat you fucking glitch.

Guest bimpy474

I'm putting this to my kids maths teacher, if he says in our hands i'm going to punch him in the windpipe.

perfectly reasonable response sir.

To be fair his maths teacher is actually a 4ft woman now i come to think of it, still punch her in the windpipe though.

Seems the concept "in ones own hands" is a little bit difficult for some people..  :crazy2:

No, with the helping hand of logic, this is in our own hands.

It's also still mathematically in our hands of course, but you knew that.

Enlighten me

Not sure if you noticed, we're level on points with Spurs, not behind.

I guess goal difference is a concept that's a little bit difficult for some people. :bluestar:

:facepalm:

Not mathematically in our own hands than is it?

:lol: Yes it exactly is.

You've tried to be pedantic, you have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

*Leaves for the ace post thread*

Don't. He's wrong and you'll look like an idiot..

It was a class post and 'mathematically' it's still in our hands, i'm sorry but it is. We CAN still finish 4th in spite of other results, so if Tottenham win all 5 games, we can still 'mathmatically' finish ahead of them. Mathematically it isn't in out favour.

I don't even know why this is up for debate.

You're wrong and your contribution in the class posts thread makes you look like an idiot.  :p

My brain is starting to melt, everyone is right?

Unbelievable is right. Finishing 4th is not in our hands, nor is it in Spurs hands because currently our final standings are reliant on the results of the others. It really shouldn't be that difficult to grasp.

Guest bimpy474

Of course it is you thick fecker, they only have to match our scores.

How can they match our scores if they don't know our scores?

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/085/283/philosoraptor.jpg?1291090164

Because if did the research you would know that for the next four matches they play after us.

and the last one ?

Always at the same time, by then we would all know what to do, probably need us to win 14-0 but hey never know.

Are you on the wind up Gupter?

We could win all our matches and still not finish 4th, so it's clearly not all in our hands. :lol:

Ali's right.  Spurs could win all their games and still not finish 4th so it's not in their hands either.  Spurs just so happen to have a significant goal difference advantage at present, but it's in neither team's hands in the real sense of the phrase.  As soon as a team goes a point or more clear it's in their hands.

We have a winner (well, another one who understands what I've said all along)!

Guest bimpy474

You wont want to scratch the leather elbow patches.

To get back on topic, I'm starting to feel like this is actually a possibility. I know I should have been feeling like that for a while but with Arsenal playing Chelsea and then away to Stoke, I can see them getting roped back into the battle, which seemed improbable a few weeks ago.

You wont want to scratch the leather elbow patches.

:lol:

Are you on the wind up Gupter?

We could win all our matches and still not finish 4th, so it's clearly not all in our hands. :lol:

Ali's right.  Spurs could win all their games and still not finish 4th so it's not in their hands either.  Spurs just so happen to have a significant goal difference advantage at present, but it's in neither team's hands in the real sense of the phrase.  As soon as a team goes a point or more clear it's in their hands.

We have a winner (well, another one who understands what I've said all along)!

Are you taking the fucking piss? :lol: