The other games today - 2011/12

Beren

German football shits on the premier league.

Dortmund does. The rest of the league doesn't.

I'd like to see a top 5 side like Leverkusen play against one of us, Spurs or someone. No chance they've got. And the style of football in the Bundesliga is absolutely awfull at times - only Dortmund and Bayern at times play the nice stuff.

I should have perhaps added per se,

Bigger crowds, more competitive, cheaper tickets, safe standing, beer on the terraces.

It's class.

Agree on those points.

Beer at the ground has its disadvantages, though.

German football shits on the premier league.

Dortmund does. The rest of the league doesn't.

I'd like to see a top 5 side like Leverkusen play against one of us, Spurs or someone. No chance they've got. And the style of football in the Bundesliga is absolutely awfull at times - only Dortmund and Bayern at times play the nice stuff.

They did this season. 0-2 away to Chelsea, 2-1 win at home.

Guest sicko2ndbest

I can see Chelsea beating these

I think I would rather us finish 5th if this happens!

don't watch MLS much, hows the standard?

Hit and miss from what I have seen of it. I don't get to watch much of it because of work and then they time difference, however today Montreal seem to be playing on the counter and playing pretty well and very European like when they do get forward. LA Galaxy seem to be relaying on the early crosses from Beckham (similar to us last season with Barton) and it's not really coming off very well, the pressure from them hasn't been very intense at all.

Lol, Beckham has went to bring in a cross and it's went behind him and into the centre circle instead.

I'm failing to picture that.

He was on the right wing half way into montreal's half, he hit an early cross towards the box then the ball just kept curling and went behind him and landed to a montreal player in the centre circle.

Kind of like when your playing with a penny floater and you play it forward but the wind catches it and it goes 10 yards behind you.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Lol, Beckham has went to bring in a cross and it's went behind him and into the centre circle instead.

I'm failing to picture that.

He was on the right wing half way into montreal's half, he hit an early cross towards the box then the ball just kept curling and went behind him and landed to a montreal player in the centre circle.

Kind of like when your playing with a penny floater and you play it forward but the wind catches it and it goes 10 yards behind you.

Wow. Did you phone the bbc newcastle show last night and tell Pardew to wear a hat?