Wigan vs Newcastle United - 28/04/12 @ 3pm

MW

Guest neesy111

Marveaux and Obertan not in the squad.

You know this how?

Thought both were available now.

Lee Ryder reported it earlier this morning.

Guest VaVaVoom

You know this how?

Thought both were available now.

Lee Ryder reported it earlier this morning.

Shame.

Would have been good to see Marveaux get on the pitch thmora.

Guest VaVaVoom

Marveaux won't play again this season or make the bench.

Again...You know this how?

He has been training for a week now and Pardew has said he is available.

I think him not being in the squad thmora is more loyalty to the lads who have been in the squad all season. Marveaux gotta push his way into contention for last few games.

I think him not being in the squad thmora is more loyalty to the lads who have been in the squad all season. Marveaux gotta push his way into contention for last few games.

Kid who is best mates with Steven taylor and posts on another forum named last saturdays team on the thursday and said marveaux wouldn't play again this season.

Kid who is best mates with Steven taylor and posts on another forum named last saturdays team on the thursday and said marveaux wouldn't play again this season.

It wasn't particularly difficult to guess. :lol:

Guest VaVaVoom

Hard game to call this, they NEED to win, which could suit us. Let them attack us and just counter them with out pace. Cabaye/Tiote/Jonas going to be very important here.

My thoughts exactly.

They will come at us which is what we want. They dont possess much of a threat yet we do on the break.

If we can get an early goal i expect us to dominate the game.

Also...Beating Wigan could have an impact on the Spurs game who play Blackburn. Rovers could then go level on points with Wigan, going above on goal difference.

Hard game to call this, they NEED to win, which could suit us. Let them attack us and just counter them with out pace. Cabaye/Tiote/Jonas going to be very important here.

My thoughts exactly.

They will come at us which is what we want. They dont possess much of a threat yet we do on the break.

Also...Beating Wigan could have an impact on the Spurs game who play Blackburn. Rovers could then go level on points with Wigan, going above on goal difference.

It's a shame its at WHL like because I'm sure I read Spurs haven't won away in 2012? Either way, if we win the pressure is well and truly on Spurs and Chelsea. Would have been more confident if Wigan had won last week, funnily enough.

Guest VaVaVoom

My thoughts exactly.

It's a shame its at WHL like because I'm sure I read Spurs haven't won away in 2012? Either way, if we win the pressure is well and truly on Spurs and Chelsea. Would have been more confident if Wigan had won last week, funnily enough.

Spurs havent been great for a while though and Blackburn are sure to give them a fight. Anything can happen.

A favour from QPR, Stoke and Blackburn at the weekend could well see us seriously challenging for 3rd come Sunday night.

My thoughts exactly.

Spurs havent been great for a while though and Blackburn are sure to give them a fight. Anything can happen.

A favour from QPR, Stoke and Blackburn at the weekend could well see us seriously challenging for 3rd come Sunday night.

Arsenal always seem to struggle at Stoke as well. Either way just focus on our game and put pressure on the rest :thup: Shame to think if Vermalen didn't score with the last kick we would be sitting joint third with a game in hand (I think).

Arsenal always seem to struggle at Stoke as well. Either way just focus on our game and put pressure on the rest :thup: Shame to think if Vermalen didn't score with the last kick we would be sitting joint third with a game in hand (I think).

Aye Stoke are usually decent at home against the bigger teams.

The late Vermaelen goal does still rankle, as does Ba's missed pen against the mackems - those extra points would be lovely around now!

Guest VaVaVoom

My thoughts exactly.

They do but Stoke have nowt to play for now whilst Arsenal have.

Like you say, all we can hope for is we that we take care of our own business and hope for a little luck in other games which to be fair we have had quite a bit of in the last 2 months (Results strangely going our way).

I tend not to think about what could have happened if...

Theres too many...Mackems, Wolves, Fulham, West Brom and Arsenal etc.

My thoughts exactly.

Like you say, all we can hope for is we that we take care of our own business and hope for a little luck in other games which to be fair we have had quite a bit of in the last 2 months (Results strangely going our way).

Aye exactly, me old man always says it balances out over the season, he's right I suppose. We've picked up points in games I didn't give us a chance in as well (Man U home/away).

I agree, all teams will have their moments which they can look back on and think 'if only...'. However, that Arsenal game still haunts me. We had done the hard work. The point was won. But then Simpson decided to throw the ball straight back to them, roll around on the floor and then...well we all know what happened.

Guest VaVaVoom

My thoughts exactly.

Aye exactly, me old man always says it balances out over the season, he's right I suppose. We've picked up points in games I didn't give us a chance in as well (Man U home/away).

Thats been the reason we have been so good this season though.

In seasons gone by we have been turned over by the top teams and lost or drawn at home against inferior sides.

The fact we have become solid at home again is a major point in why we are where we are. Our away form has been pretty good too.

Worth noting, we beat Wigan 1-0 home and away last year. We are chasing a club record 7 straight wins and Cisse will be on the hunt for a 7th scoring game in a row to be the 1st player to do so since Adebayor in 2008.

Guest Roy the Irish Magpie

What I'd give for a Ryan Taylor-93d minute-over the wall-winner.

would be amazing. Would be "written in the stars" as some sky commentators say now.

Guest VaVaVoom

would be amazing. Would be "written in the stars" as some sky commentators say now.

Aye. Would be tempted to start him at RB for this reason.

---Krul---

Taylor---Williamson---Coloccini---Santon

Tiote---Jonas

Ben Arfa-------Cabaye-------Ba

---Cisse---

SUBS: Elliott, Simpson, Perch, Gosling, Guthrie, Best and Shola.

Simpson will start though.

My thoughts exactly.

Thats been the reason we have been so good this season though.

In seasons gone by we have been turned over by the top teams and lost or drawn at home against inferior sides.

The fact we have become solid at home again is a major point in why we are where we are. Our away form has been pretty good too.

Worth noting, we beat Wigan 1-0 home and away last year. We are chasing a club record 7 straight wins and Cisse will be on the hunt for a 7th scoring game in a row to be the 1st player to do so since Adebayor in 2008.

We drew 2-2 with Wigan at home last year with Colocinni scoring an injury time equaliser.

Aye. Would be tempted to start him at RB for this reason.

---Krul---

Taylor---Williamson---Coloccini---Santon

Tiote---Jonas

Ben Arfa-------Cabaye-------Ba

---Cisse---

SUBS: Elliott, Simpson, Perch, Gosling, Guthrie, Best and Shola.

Simpson will start though.

Aye because it makes loads of sense to change a winning team, and a defence that isn't conceding goals.