Mathieu Debuchy

Skeletor

that is a pathetic offer if true.

Stopped reading  :idiot2:

if a club came an offered us 6 mill euros for Santon...would you not be pissed?

it is (almost) a similar situation imo.

I would like to hear why you stopped reading....i guess you think it is a fine offer and they should take it?

personally i can understand Lille refusing to sell at that price. Cant see his price going that much up either....he has already proven himself at the euros...

Guest Roger Kint

if a club came an offered us 6 mill euros for Santon...would you not be pissed?

I would like to hear why you stopped reading....i guess you think it is a fine offer and they should take it?

personally i can understand Lille refusing to sell at that price. Cant see his price going that much up either....he has already proven himself at the euros...

Its not a pathetic bid, if your post started so stupidly i saw no need to continue reading. I barely had it in me to read this one after that Santon rubbish......

Guest Archie

Lille clearly seem to think so as they have no intent to let him go for that amount.

Can see this backfiring and/or other clubs coming in for him as the price is being touted around.

Also, what kind of signals are we sending debauchy re: wanting him if all we want to pay is 4.5 million pounds?

Guest Roger Kint

Lille clearly seem to think so as they have no intent to let him go for that amount.

Can see this backfiring and/or other clubs coming in for him as the price is being touted around.

Also, what kind of signals are we sending debauchy re: wanting him if all we want to pay is 4.5 million pounds?

Nowhere massively over thinks a transfer like here, christ man footballers arent as thin skinned as you would have the poor lambs depicted

Has any other club even bid for him since we "announced" our interest months ago? We're in pole position because nobody else wants him badly enough to just pay the asking price.

We'll get him sooner rather than later.

if a club came an offered us 6 mill euros for Santon...would you not be p*ssed?

Its not a pathetic bid, if your post started so stupidly i saw no need to continue reading. I barely had it in me to read this one after that Santon rubbish......

fair enough, i personally can understand they ask more.

Guest Roger Kint

if a club came an offered us 6 mill euros for Santon...would you not be p*ssed?

fair enough, i personally can understand they ask more.

Your post didnt say that at all. Your post said ours was a 'pathetic bid' which it isnt. Comparing it to Santon who signed for more than €6m just 12 months ago who has no desire to leave was even further from reality.

Has any other club even bid for him since we "announced" our interest months ago? We're in pole position because nobody else wants him badly enough to just pay the asking price.

I believe this as well.

I won't criticise the club for the size of the bid until the deal is definitely off. Until then we're doing the right thing to try and get him as cheap as we think we can.

Guest Roger Kint

6 million pounds hardly a sum that should scare suitors off...  :whistle:

Yet there no other bids, at all. Care to explain that?

Guest Roger Kint

I believe this as well.

I won't criticise the club for the size of the bid until the deal is definitely off. Until then we're doing the right thing to try and get him as cheap as we think we can.

Totally agree with you both.

Guest Archie

Baffling tbh. I would think most clubs would be in for him at that price.

Must be because he has pretty much declared he has no desire to move anywhere else and we are milking it for what its worth

Guest Roger Kint

Quite a few of you would be pretty shite at haggling on a market thats all I'm saying.

If i ever sell my house its getting listed on here first thats for sure.

Quite a few of you would be pretty shite at haggling on a market thats all I'm saying.

If i ever sell my house its getting listed on here first thats for sure.

If I ever need to sell something, I'm straight here.  I'll get above what I'm looking for within seconds.

Guest neesy111

So you'll all be prepared to wait till the 3rd September, than pay some extra on the deal and get him in now so he can bed into the team before the start of the season.

Ridiculous, I'd bet if we hadn't signed Cabaye so early last season that he'd had struggled for the first months of the season.

Guest Roger Kint

Must be because he has pretty much declared he has no desire to move anywhere else and we are milking it for what its worth

How dare us try and get the right price. We should just give them a cheque for £8m and save Debuchy from spiralling into depression at how little we value him.

At 27yo this guy is in his prime, top of his peak, if we do sign him (and on a 5 year deal which looks like our MO now) we'll have him for the best years of his career.

Lille understand that, IMO that's partly why they want to max out the fee. From their point of view, it fair that they want more. Personally I think £6million for the French International RB at 27 (prime) is probably a realistic enough figure if I'm honest.

Still, I won't complain if we nab him for less  :)

Can't help but feel if we can do this deal, others will flow from it, it'll put a marker down we mean business.

Lille clearly seem to think so as they have no intent to let him go for that amount.<br />Can see this backfiring and/or other clubs coming in for him as the price is being touted around.<br /><br />Also, what kind of signals are we sending debauchy re: wanting him if all we want to pay is 4.5 million pounds?

:lol:

I'm sure he'll be really offended and reject our personal terms.

Guest Archie

How dare us try and get the right price. We should just give them a cheque for £8m and save Debuchy from spiralling into depression at how little we value him.

The right price for Mike might not be the right price for Lille.

No, what baffles me is that not a single club in europe rate him at £6 million.

We lowball pretty much everyone which is understandable I guess. Id rather get the bodies over the line than haggle though. But thats because Im not in charge of budget.