Mathieu Debuchy

Skeletor

add to that - debating transfers and fees involved will always carry an inherent inaccurancy btw.

Its always going to be ballpark figures, and when one club asks for 6 million pounds and we offer 4.8 - saying we are 0.5 mill off might be bit of a speculation but not unreasonably so.

If we'd offered £5.3m they may have accepted it or seen it as a sign of desperation on our part and held out for £6m or more, we don't know.  I'll join you in your wild speculation by suggesting the possibility that if we weren't being such "tight bastards" Lille would have been asking for more than £6m for a player like Debuchy to begin with.  Let alone potentially being willing to let him go for just over £5m.  What we're doing is bartering and if we did end up getting him for £5.3m we'd have done a good job of it IMO.

IF this bid is rejected and its our last bid I'll join you in moaning about the situation, but not until then.

Guest sicko2ndbest

15:34

That's my guess at when the thread title will change to

'Lille reject latest offer. NUFC pull out of deal'

Guest Archie

add to that - debating transfers and fees involved will always carry an inherent inaccurancy btw.

Its always going to be ballpark figures, and when one club asks for 6 million pounds and we offer 4.8 - saying we are 0.5 mill off might be bit of a speculation but not unreasonably so.

So if we'd offered £5.3m they'd have accepted?  I'll join you in your wild speculation by suggesting the possibility that if we weren't being such "tight bastards" Lille would have been asking for more than £6m for a player like Debuchy to begin with, let alone potentially being willing to let him go for just over £5m.  What we're doing is bartering and if we did end up getting him for £5.3m we'd have done a good job of it IMO.

Like I said, I hope this comes off and he joins us. I just fear that come september 1st

our right back will be this lad.

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.fanhouse.co.uk/media/2011/08/simpson.gif

History will be the judge  O0

So L'Equipe are reporting it now? must be true then. Just hope it gets accepted now.

Also i agree with some of the posts in the last few pages, this will happen its just a matter of time really. What we are doing is not too dissimilar is what Barcelona have done in recent years, i.e. we know he's wants to come so we refuse to go above our evaluation knowing they will buckle at some point.

Maybe a risky strategy but i'm pretty certain the end result will be Mathieu Debuchy in black and white.

If signing him means we finish just one place higher than we would with Simpson as first choice RB then we make an extra £800k or so prize money.  Kind of pays for the extra £1m himself when you think about it.

If signing him means we finish just one place higher than we would with Simpson as first choice RB then we make an extra £800k or so prize money.  Kind of pays for the extra £1m himself when you think about it.

That ignores the rest of the money we're spending on him.  We'll be lucky to get £3m for Simpson and 800K added to what we've already bid is £5.6m for Debuchy.  Not that I disagree he's worth more than £4.8m (£5.6m would still be a steal IMO) just being pedantic really :D

Guest Archie

What if we pay the extra money and don't finish a place higher?

Such an irrelevant line of argument. Obviously if every signing could be offset against improved league position then football would be a much easier business.

Debuchy is vastly better than Simpson though,  not unreasonable to suggest that our league position would improve with him starting instead. 

Guest Realist

what if there's no objectively perfect price for him? what if buyer is correct and seller is greedy one?  why ashley always cheapo?  seems too easy a cliche to use.

Guest Archie

What if the "extra money" is already reflected in the fee the club are willing to pay?

Then we cannot afford him simple as. The asking price is very reasonable in my opinion.

We always seem to haggle no matter what, a point I seem to get some stick for on here.

Sometimes the seller is spot on in regards to price and lowballing will only cause sour grapes.

Debuchy for 6 million pounds is a great deal. Unfortunately NUFC doesnt seem to think so.  And so it begins.

Then we cannot afford him simple as. The asking price is very reasonable in my opinion.

I rarely purchase international footballer so  I'll defer to the team who brought in Cabaye, Ba, Ben Arfa and Cisse

Guest Archie

I rarely purchase international footballer so  I'll defer to the team who brought in Cabaye, Ba, Ben Arfa and Cisse

I could pick that arguement apart with the circumstances involved in every deal but I cant be bothered.

Do you expect every deal to be like these ones, or do you realise that sometimes when faced with a reasonable and fair price you just have to pay what they are asking?

I could pick that arguement apart with the circumstances involved in every deal but I cant be bothered.

Do you expect every deal to be like these ones, or do you realise that sometimes when faced with a reasonable and fair price you just have to pay what they are asking?

With it being our successsful policy I expect it to always be like this.  I expect the machinations to usually take place in private (also our policy) but believe that Lille are maaking the info on these negotiations public. 

I bought Debuchy on FM earlier this morning, I have to Michael Seydoux was very reasonable in his negotiations and I wrapped it up in a matter of minutes.

I'm baffled at how long this is taking.

:lol:

Even 8m euros would be a great deal, but 6m euros would be a rip off considering there's no clauses etc etc. It probably shows how cheap fullbacks are across the board, 8m euros for an international attacking fullback who excelled at the Euros is quite frankly in this day and age is "cheap".

'According to Sky Sports NUFC have made a final bid for Mathieu Debuchy which should be accepted. Deal expected by end of week #ffw'

Final part sounds promising at least.