Mathieu Debuchy

Skeletor

Guest Archie

Lille clearly seem to think so as they have no intent to let him go for that amount.<br />Can see this backfiring and/or other clubs coming in for him as the price is being touted around.<br /><br />Also, what kind of signals are we sending debauchy re: wanting him if all we want to pay is 4.5 million pounds?

:lol:

I'm sure he'll be really offended and reject our personal terms.

Well if a club comes in for the asking price and invites him over for talks offering good wages then who knows what will happen. Im growing tired of the pennypinching is all.

Guest Archie

Some over the top panic comments on here, why dont we just open or safe and tell Lille to take what they want. 

Just like Freddy did when he signed Luque.

:yao:

Its either a stickers book and 50 quid in small notes  or Luque/Owen style, isnt it.

No middle ground.

Some over the top panic comments on here, why dont we just open or safe and tell Lille to take what they want. 

Its either a stickers book and 50 quid in small notes  or Luque/Owen style, isnt it.

No middle ground.

We have a definite budget.  Saving a million here may be the difference between getting Anita and not getting him

Surely we've done enough with our recent transfers to show people that we're capable of getting the right deal?

Do you think this sort of strategy will come off in every transfer/window?

I don't know, but I assume we'll be sticking to it anyway. It hasn't gone badly so far. And we've shown we're prepared to pay decent fees when required as well (Cisse).

Guest Archie

No middle ground.

We have a definite budget.  Saving a million here may be the difference between getting Anita and not getting him

The whole Carroll saga points to the opposite, our budget  - to me - seems largely dependable on which deals/bargains come up and if Mike is in the mood.

If anything we seem to be totally in the dark in regards to what kind of transfer budget we are sporting. Which is probably how Mike&Dekka likes it. The less people know, the better ( as opposed to having 20 million in the hand and yelling " we need a striker!")

Guest icemanblue

Surely we've done enough with our recent transfers to show people that we're capable of getting the right deal?

Precisely. I've been one of this regime's biggest critics on transfer policy, in the past. However, recent seasons have shown that they're now pretty switched on, and bucking the trend when it comes to overpaying for players. Not once have I worried about this deal. Yes, it's taking longer than we'd all like, but we'll end up with a player we want at a relatively low price.

In short, people need to chill the fuck out. Dekka's got this.

Guest Tyson

Newcastle puts DebuchyAprès 6M for having made an initial offer of 5 million euros for Mathieu Debuchy, Newcastle returned to the charge this time with an allowance of € 6 million, together with a percentage to the resale of the player. Reportedly, leaders Lille, despite the signing of Djibril Sidibe, expected successor of the French international, have not yet given its response to Magpies

Slim chance that Lille would agree to those terms, afterall he's in his late 20's and the window of opportunity (to another big transfer) is getting narrower. He'd need to have an outstanding debut season (followed by an immediate big-money sale, on the back of that season) in order for Lille to recoup the difference between our upfront money received and their overall 8m valuation.

26 is "in his late 20s" now :yao:

He is one brilliant season in the PL away from being linked with every single top club in london and manchester - at which point he will be 27 and a first choice fullback for the "top-6" for the next 5 years....

If he does well for us I can easily see a 10 mill pound transfer next summer to any of the CL clubs.

If Lille wait this out (if we continue to play clever buggers, with our reluctance offer 100% upfront & value meeting) Debuchy will likely have back-to-back CL campaigns under his belt along with a string of international appearances to go with. Pedigree is on his side, and he's cruising in the French league and winning caps accordingly, so he won't disappear from the radar of Europe's elite over the next 12 months.

In essence i don't agree to terms offered (to entice Lille, so they see a return with a short period) that are largely reliant on us offloading him, on the back of as you say a brilliant debut or single season. That's feeder club mentality. I doubt there was that selling-on mentality, when we picked up Robert & Ginola (both internationals, and tracked by elite clubs at the time) at similar ages.

Guest sicko2ndbest

SSN all over this now!

Saying what?

We've made bid! It's on yellow ticker bar

Sky sources: No doubt that's from lequipe article

Precisely. I've been one of this regime's biggest critics on transfer policy, in the past. However, recent seasons have shown that they're now pretty switched on, and bucking the trend when it comes to overpaying for players. Not once have I worried about this deal. Yes, it's taking longer than we'd all like, but we'll end up with a player we want at a relatively low price.

In short, people need to chill the fuck out. Dekka's got this.

:thup:

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2012/08/02/debuchy-desperate-to-secure-a-move-to-newcastle-72703-31530473/

MATHIEU DEBUCHY last night pleaded with his representatives to make his move to Newcastle United a reality.

United thought they were close to a deal for the France international last week after agreeing personal terms and feeling that they were over the line with regards to the transfer fee.

However, the Chronicle understands that complications at the Lille end have delayed the deal.

The Debuchy deal was expected to come to a conclusion yesterday following what has been a long drawn-out affair.

And Geordie fans were also praying to see some progress on the deal today.

Nevertheless the player is still desperate to arrive on Tyneside, with a source close to the deal saying: “Mathieu wants to come.

“He’s had his heart set on the move for a long time now.

“It’s now down to whether the board can pull this one off.

“If they can it’s pretty obvious that this would be seen as a real capture.”

United boss Alan Pardew was missing from last night’s game against Gateshead as his youngsters ran out 4-1 winners.

Yet the Toon boss has consulted United chiefs for an explanation on exactly what the hold up is over Debuchy.

The eve of the new season is a fortnight tomorrow and despite landing Gael Bigirimana, Curtis Good and Romain Amalfitano, Newcastle are in desperate need of bolstering their senior ranks.

Guest Archie

Or we'll end-up not getting him at all, tbh. (Which is probably the right thing to do, rather than paying over the top.)

Sooner or later we will be told to sod off with our antics. Which is totally ok,  I guess.

As long as we dont get stuck with Danny S for another season because we wouldnt cough up £ 0.5 mill...

Guest icemanblue

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2012/08/02/debuchy-desperate-to-secure-a-move-to-newcastle-72703-31530473/

MATHIEU DEBUCHY last night pleaded with his representatives to make his move to Newcastle United a reality.

United thought they were close to a deal for the France international last week after agreeing personal terms and feeling that they were over the line with regards to the transfer fee.

However, the Chronicle understands that complications at the Lille end have delayed the deal.

The Debuchy deal was expected to come to a conclusion yesterday following what has been a long drawn-out affair.

And Geordie fans were also praying to see some progress on the deal today.

Nevertheless the player is still desperate to arrive on Tyneside, with a source close to the deal saying: “Mathieu wants to come.

“He’s had his heart set on the move for a long time now.

“It’s now down to whether the board can pull this one off.

“If they can it’s pretty obvious that this would be seen as a real capture.”

United boss Alan Pardew was missing from last night’s game against Gateshead as his youngsters ran out 4-1 winners.

Yet the Toon boss has consulted United chiefs for an explanation on exactly what the hold up is over Debuchy.

The eve of the new season is a fortnight tomorrow and despite landing Gael Bigirimana, Curtis Good and Romain Amalfitano, Newcastle are in desperate need of bolstering their senior ranks.

:lol: What a dick, man.

I think it's the fact that the clubs are very close with their valuations on the player that's causing the frustration. We're talking about a million quid perhaps which, in the grand scheme of things, isn't that much really. I can totally understand why folk are wanting us to just cough that extra million up and get him signed as he'd be a massive upgrade on Simpson imo and that extra million quid would be well spent to get him in for the start of the season and integrated into things asap.

Still think we'll get him but can see both sides of it.