Mathieu Debuchy

Skeletor

I can't figure our transfer strategy out this summer. Why are we targetting Andy Carroll, who costs far more than Debuchy, when we already have Ba and Cisse in the team? Aye we need another striker, but whoever comes in will be 3rd choice. We are looking at massive money for a 3rd choice forward yet we're very reluctant to bid more than a minimal sum for a right back.

If you're playing Newcastle you take one look at the lineup and who are you going to target? That's right, the full backs and espescially Simpson. To an extent Santon too (defensively), but you sense he was growing in confidence last season and much like Enrique before him, I expect him to get better and better.

Considering we'll lose Simpson for nowt in 12 months, it's a no brainer to sell and replace. So take that opportunity to upgrade the team's weakest link while we're at it. It's not every day you get a France international right back saying he wants to come to the Toon, at the very time you're looking for a right back. That's where we should be putting our money, not bids for players like Carroll. Doesn't make sense to me. After publicly chasing Carroll, Lille know we have money to spend.

I appreciate you have to haggle hard, but there comes a point where you risk missing out on a good deal.

I do feel the same way but I remain confident Debuchy will be here after the transfer window SLAMS shut.

Guest optimistic nit

I can't figure our transfer strategy out this summer. Why are we targetting Andy Carroll, who costs far more than Debuchy, when we already have Ba and Cisse in the team? Aye we need another striker, but whoever comes in will be 3rd choice. We are looking at massive money for a 3rd choice forward yet we're very reluctant to bid more than a minimal sum for a right back.

If you're playing Newcastle you take one look at the lineup and who are you going to target? That's right, the full backs and espescially Simpson. To an extent Santon too (defensively), but you sense he was growing in confidence last season and much like Enrique before him, I expect him to get better and better.

Considering we'll lose Simpson for nowt in 12 months, it's a no brainer to sell and replace. So take that opportunity to upgrade the team's weakest link while we're at it. It's not every day you get a France international right back saying he wants to come to the Toon, at the very time you're looking for a right back. That's where we should be putting our money, not bids for players like Carroll. Doesn't make sense to me. After publicly chasing Carroll, Lille know we have money to spend.

I appreciate you have to haggle hard, but there comes a point where you risk missing out on a good deal.

Dont really know about Carroll, but i expect part of the reason why we're haggling so hard over debuchy is that we want to appear to be a club that will not pay over the odds for a player, as it will put us in a stronger position while negotiating other deals. As for Carroll, maybe the board thought that, given he was doing really well for us before he left and that he is a different type of striker to our other ones, a 2 million loan deal on half wages, with a sell on fee around 12-15 million, would be a decent deal. i'm sure as soon as they realised that wasn't possible they ran like the wind.

http://www.footlille.com/2012/08/09/36338-anthony-reveillere-seloigne-du-losc

PSG on the verge of signing Reveillere to make this saga even worse. Can they just f*** off and go bankrupt already?

What has this got to do with Debuchy?

the line of thinking is that he was supposed to be going to chelsea, now chelsea will get debuchy.

Actually Lille wanted Reveillere.

I don't understand why Lyon would let Reveillere go, or why he would go to PSG to sit on the bench.

Lyon are having financial difficulties, and Reveillere is on a high wage with only one year left on his deal.  I imagine he would start too considering his competition would be Jallet.

Guest Shaun

I don't understand why Lyon would let Reveillere go, or why he would go to PSG to sit on the bench.

Lyon are having financial difficulties, and Reveillere is on a high wage with only one year left on his deal.  I imagine he would start too considering his competition would be Jallet.

Jallet is captain. No way he'll start.

Guest Shaun

Sakho is the captain of PSG. That didn't stop Ancelotti from dropping him.

Surprised nobody has snatched him up yet. Always thought he was class and he won't be getting any games now with Thiago Silva signed.

Guest Shaun

I imagine he would start too considering his competition would be Jallet.

U Jallet?

:lol: That was terrible. So why am I laughing?

Guest palnese

Can't believe Bosingwa hasn't been snapped up yet.

He's shit and will demand massive wages. I can see why he's still a free agent.