Champions League Final 2012 - pre-match thread

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Don't like Terry either - especially since the affair he's had with Mrs. Bridge.

Saying that, I think players like Drogba, Lampard or Chech - like them or hate them - deserve to win the Champions League in their career after all the bad luck they've had in recent years - against Liverpool, against Barca...

Wrong focus in my opinion. The question you should ask yourself is: What's best for NUFC?  Chelsea's deficit is already huge and it will be even bigger if they miss out on CL. If they fail, Chelsea will not get the best players. They want CL, period. This could shift the power balance between Chelsea and us. . . But if Chelsea win CL, which is THE trophy Abrahimovich wants, he'll go absolutely bunkers next season which would increase the gap between us and them. If we however trust old, mental Harry, he'll probably do something stupid  anyway, despite Tham getting the CL-spot.  And a very important point is that Tham must qualify (is Chelsea automatically qualified as winners??)  So if everything pans out alright, Chelsea lose tonight and Tham fails to qualify. Consequently we'll  close in on TWO teams instead of one.

disagree with that, if they win the CL i reckon roman might be inclined to start a more phased approach to the next generation of his chelsea having won the prize that's eluded them...if they fuck it up tonight he might well sanction more spending and another high profile managerial appointment to try and win it quick

Don't like Terry either - especially since the affair he's had with Mrs. Bridge.

Saying that, I think players like Drogba, Lampard or Chech - like them or hate them - deserve to win the Champions League in their career after all the bad luck they've had in recent years - against Liverpool, against Barca...

Wrong focus in my opinion. The question you should ask yourself is: What's best for NUFC?  Chelsea's deficit is already huge and it will be even bigger if they miss out on CL. If they fail, Chelsea will not get the best players. They want CL, period. This could shift the power balance between Chelsea and us. . . But if Chelsea win CL, which is THE trophy Abrahimovich wants, he'll go absolutely bunkers next season which would increase the gap between us and them. If we however trust old, mental Harry, he'll probably do something stupid  anyway, despite Tham getting the CL-spot.  And a very important point is that Tham must qualify (is Chelsea automatically qualified as winners??)  So if everything pans out alright, Chelsea lose tonight and Tham fails to qualify. Consequently we'll  close in on TWO teams instead of one.

Come on, everthing can be exaggerated tbh.

Even if you're right and it makes a difference, it's about us to do well next season again, not about Chelsea, Spurs or whatever team to not do well. Wrong focus in my opinion.

disagree with that, if they win the CL i reckon roman might be inclined to start a more phased approach to the next generation of his chelsea having won the prize that's eluded them...if they fuck it up tonight he might well sanction more spending and another high profile managerial appointment to try and win it quick

The problem is that Chelsa will not get the best players if they fail to qualify. And abrahimovich is not the kind of person that phases out. He became rich by being brutal and corrupt. Abrahimovich wants players like Falcao. But Falcao is not interested in playing in a tournament he's just won, regardless of how much money Abrahimovich ipays him. There will be clubs out there that will give Falcao  both CL and a solid pay.

you're making some massive assumptions there bonny lad...such as a player might overlook the fact they've been to 2 CL finals and more semi's (i think) during his reign...it's history (albeit recent) and combined with mountains of cash i don't think they'll struggle to attract players

who is going to pay the 40m+ for falcao for example?  probably only chelsea, real & citeh are capable of doing it if we're honest so using him as an example he might not have that many fucking options :lol:

Guest je85

Had money on Bayern since the group stages but wouldn't mind Chelsea winning so Spurs don't have Champions League money.

you're making some massive assumptions there bonny lad...such as a player might overlook the fact they've been to 2 CL finals and more semi's (i think) during his reign...it's history (albeit recent) and combined with mountains of cash i don't think they'll struggle to attract players

who is going to pay the 40m+ for falcao for example?  probably only chelsea, real & citeh are capable of doing it if we're honest so using him as an example he might not have that many fucking options :lol:

Good point, but I will cheer for Bayern regardless!  O0

to be honest it's like being given a choice of benson & hedges or malboro red to have stubbed out on your arm :lol:

hopefully they both kick fuck out of each other and end with piles of injuries and suspensions...'bout the best we can hope for

to be honest it's like being given a choice of benson & hedges or malboro red to have stubbed out on your arm :lol:

hopefully they both kick fuck out of each other and end with piles of injuries and suspensions...'bout the best we can hope for

Who exactly will benefit from Bayern players getting suspensions or injuries?

that's not really what i was getting at but seeing as you ask i suppose england might benefit if ribery got injured and so on

that's not really what i was getting at but seeing as you ask i suppose england might benefit if ribery got injured and so on

Ok, fair enough then.

Still not anything anyone should hope for...

Ok, fair enough then.

Still not anything anyone should hope for...

doesn't have to be career threatening like :lol:

anyway aye, can't really get excited...basic level i'd prefer bayern to win every day of the week but the spurs factor is weighing heavy on me

Guest pintofscottsellers

Tough one for me, Don't want Spurs to get CL football, but really don't want to see John Terry lift the Champions League trophy, dislike him just as much as Redknapp. I've always liked Bayern, used to fucking love Roy Makaay, devastating finisher.  2-1 Bayern.

But imagine if Chelsea lose tonight and Harry fuck up the qualification. It could alter the CL-race significantly next season. Harry must sell either Bale or Modric and uses the money on Crouch version  1.0.0.0.0.0.0.1  .

Btw. If Chelsea wins tonight, will they be automatically qualified next season as winners or must they qualify like Tham?

But imagine if Chelsea lose tonight and Harry fuck up the qualification. It could alter the CL-race significantly next season. Harry must sell either Bale or Modric and uses the money on Crouch version  1.0.0.0.0.0.0.1  .

Btw. If Chelsea wins tonight, will they be automatically qualified next season as winners or must they qualify like Tham?

They'll get the 4th place. So must qualify iirc.

I hope that Chelsea wins it for 2 reason, firstly to stop Spurs getting into next seasons CL and secondly because I once played in goal during a 5 a side game and borrowed a pair of gloves off Ross Turnbull who will probably be on the bench for Chelsea tonight.

They'll get the 4th place. So must qualify iirc.

Nah, they qualify automatically.

BTW, Chelsea.

I'd support pretty much any English team in the CL, unless it would adversely effect NUFC or it was Liverpool or Sunderland (highly unlikely). I hate Terry but the blokes so much of a cock that winning it wouldn't mean anything to him apart from a nice bonus in his pocket.

I'd support pretty much any English team in the CL

have never and will never understand this, we spend our time hating the likes of manyoo and chelsea only for them to come up against Basel or someone then suddenly i'm supposed to be on their side?  don't get that, don't know how you switch it off