Vurnon Anita (now playing for RKC Waalwijk)

ponsaelius

If his Dad is his agent, that raises issues with professional boundaries and competence. If he's not his agent, what is he doing talking to the media about his son's future? He should be passing queries on to his son.

This is one of the reasons I tend to avoid the Football forum as much as I can during the summer, people just turn mental. Overthinking transfer speculation will be the death of your sanity, go to the bathroom mirror, take a few deep breaths and have a word with yourself  :harry:

Are you sure it's not you that needs to lie down for a while? It was just a simple query about why the lad's father is apparently acting as a spokesman. Nothing to get worked up about.

Guest icemanblue

Can see this deal hitting a snag.

http://a0.twimg.com/profile_images/2055240999/WillyWonka-480x345.jpg

:lol: Perfect.

Guest ThievingMagpie

How dare his father be involved in his son's future

especially when he seems more concerned about the football than the millions. the t*** eh ?

Exactly :lol: the lack of transfer activity has made some people on here go completely nuts and jump to conclusions.

Sorry if there's been some confusion. I earlier posted 'Involvement of player's Dad = problem IMO', and I assumed that the above were responses.

I'm not sure what involvement his father has. As I said, I don't think having family as your agent is a good idea. If his Dad isn't professional involved, I can't see why he's piping up.

You realise that the reason why player wages and fees skyrocketed so swiftly and sharply in the last 15 years is because of the involvement of MORE professional agents who realised that when players fathers were the ones doing the negotiating that players tended to not get their full value so they started to get more money upfront verses a lot of the older style contracts laced with performance bonuses.

If anything his old man being involved makes it easier, not harder because at the end of the day Vurnon's dad wants to make sure his son is playing good football and is being used (probably) and isn't concerned about maximising his contract for monetary reasons on his end.

Jesus Christ, players father making it harder? Embarrassing stuff, football has been fleecing players dads on their sons contracts for years!

except i thought the big story of last week was that anita had got a new agent.  it's hardly embarrassing, he's asked about his sons move and says his son wants to know about the footbasll side of things (good...not purely driven by money). far too much being read into this by the 'just buy someone....anyone' brigade.

also, the reason wages rocketed etc was as much down to more money coming into the game and the bosman ruling than agents.

Fella on twitter (BigAls09) says Anita has signed, came from our academy coach via his mate who's son plays for the academy team (if I've worked his tweet out correctly).

http://cdn.specktra.net/c/c2/c24a27bc_3005.jackie-chan-meme-why.jpeg

Fella on twitter (BigAls09) says Anita has signed, came from our academy coach via his mate who's son plays for the academy team (if I've worked his tweet out correctly).

http://cdn.specktra.net/c/c2/c24a27bc_3005.jackie-chan-meme-why.jpeg

A similarly appropriate image would be Jackie Chan whispering.

Guest Phil K

What a disgusting language Dutch is. Sounds even worse than it looks too, need a f***ing lug umbrella half the time.

It's pretty much what English would have been like without the Celtic and French

That's better than concrete for me

If the only thing holding this up is Anita talking to AP, then this is as good as done. AP won over Cabaye with talk of playing real football. AP just needs chat about his plans, show him around, have Krul and Tiote have a word (the only dutch speakers in our squad I would guess) and sign on the dotted line.

If the only thing holding this up is Anita talking to AP, then this is as good as done. AP won over Cabaye with talk of playing real football. AP just needs chat about his plans, show him around, have Krul and Tiote have a word (the only dutch speakers in our squad I would guess) and sign on the dotted line.

just stick anita in fron of that DVD. i picture that effect to be similar to.....