Luuk de Jong signs for PSV

BeloEmre

Lets be honest, we've all said it before, if a player no longer wanted to wear the black & white shirt anymore then they could go.

We'd still want to maximize the transfer fee wouldn't we?

It has to be a reasonable price though

So if Man City come in for Cisse, and his agent declares he would like to move as it's a step up in his career you'd expect NUFC to be reasonable in setting a transfer fee? Rightio. I'd expect us to say 50 million or you can bugger off, and rightfully so.

If it was Man City, you'd definately milk it.  Not many clubs have the money they have though.

The buying club in question has nothing to do with it. Do you expect us to have sympathy if it was somebody like Everton just because they're not made of money? We'd still only sell on our terms.

In addition to that you have to consider that for a club like FC Twente we are like Man City compared to them in terms of financial power due to the outrageous TV deals in the Premiership. It's bad enough English clubs beying able to poach all the best talent from other leagues (from their perspective), but now you're esseantially saying they should just roll over and accept whatever we offer them? :lol:

Guest diddimz

It's probably purely a coincidence and probably nothing in it but the day we pull out of the chase for de Jong is the same as when ba rubbishes rumors.

It's probably purely a coincidence and probably nothing in it but the day we pull out of the chase for de Jong is the same as when ba rubbishes rumors.

http://swimwearandlingerie.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/shocked_will.jpg?w=394&h=393

http://swimwearandlingerie.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/shocked_will.jpg?w=394&h=393

:lol:

Dutch media (VI) now reporting a delegation of Borussia Monchengladbach has arrived at the FC Twente stadium at 15:00 CET to finalise a deal which will include a player exchange with Twente target Oscar Wendt. Also De Jong's father and agent are there. Looks like he's a goner.. :(

Dutch media (VI) now reporting a delegation of Borussia Monchengladbach has arrived at the FC Twente stadium at 15:00 CET to finalise a deal which will include a player exchange with Twente target Oscar Wendt. Also De Jong's father and agent are there. Looks like he's a goner.. :(

He said he wanted to go to Germany. What can you do, eh.

Not particularly gutted. Let's move on to someone better.

Any suggestions? Can't think of many who'd come here..

Errr what? We arent some shit tip club like Sunderland you know. We have a few things going for us at the minute.

Errr what? We arent some s*** tip club like Sunderland you know. We have a few things going for us at the minute.

I notice you've avoided putting some actual names forward.  :pow:

Guest firetotheworks

Few of us would have put de Jong's name, or even Cisse's name forward during January, that doesn't mean there aren't other players that we can move on to.

Guest bimpy474

It was wrong to chase De Jong all along, looks like he's gone, Mrs Bimpy is wearing a thong, very wrong, i have no idea where its gone, but it pongs.

Errr what? We arent some s*** tip club like Sunderland you know. We have a few things going for us at the minute.

unfortunately I dont get paid to go round the World Scouting player, but to make a statement like 'cant think of many that would come here' is just plain stupid considering the players we've attracted over the last 12 months.

unfortunately I dont get paid to go round the World Scouting player, but to make a statement like 'cant think of many that would come here' is just plain stupid considering the players we've attracted over the last 12 months.

Don't get your knickers in a twist. :lol:

All I said was I can't think of many better players than him that would be available to us. I can't, and neither can you apparently. You're right that we're both not professional scouts and the club may well have a shortlist of alternatives, here's hoping! Still, losing out on our top target can never be construed as anything else than bad news sadly in my opinion.

All I said was I can't think of many better players than him that would be available to us.

TBF to Elliotman...you're bolding 'better' but that's the thing you didn't say. Would have come across much more agreeable.

Understandable reaction :p

You may want to check what I posted that in reply to Sherlock..  :blush: