Luuk de Jong signs for PSV

BeloEmre

De Jong is one of the most ineffective players we've ever had

Steady on, I can remember some absolute dross.

I'd say he's the most ineffective striker we've had since Chopra

Guest bimpy474

Rob McDonald.

Also scored if my memory serves correctly. Before my time but my dad reckons Billy Rafferty and Bobby Shinton were not exactly great. They didn't cost £8m or thereabouts though.

Rob was awful absolutely awful. Like you say though, it was when players were cheap, very cheap and not £8m.

Rob McDonald.

Also scored if my memory serves correctly. Before my time but my dad reckons Billy Rafferty and Bobby Shinton were not exactly great. They didn't cost £8m or thereabouts though.

Rob was awful absolutely awful. Like you say though, it was when players were cheap, very cheap and not £8m.

The worst footballer I have ever seen play for us by some distance imo. Bought from Turkey? iirc, on the basis io video evidence? again iirc

Utter dross.

Makes the likes of Des Hamilton and Williamson look like world beaters in comparison.

as for de Jong..I think we may well take an option on him. He's gonna be cheaper now

Not as bad as some say, and not as good either. I find him just..............meh.

Guest bimpy474

Rob McDonald.

The worst footballer I have ever seen play for us by some distance imo. Bought from Turkey? iirc, on the basis io video evidence? again iirc

Utter dross.

Makes the likes of Des Hamilton and Williamson look like world beaters in comparison.

as for de Jong..I think we may well take an option on him. He's gonna be cheaper now

Not as bad as some say, and not as good either. I find him just..............meh.

I'd sign De Jong, despite him not showing much so far i think he has something about him. Des Hamilton :lol: god what a signing he was.

Guest bimpy474

Didn't Rob McDonald come from a Dutch club? I remember him being shite. Think he scored for us too. Andreas "Pamela" Andersson was another.

Danish club, Ikast FS according to Wiki.

Guest bimpy474

Didn't Rob McDonald come from a Dutch club? I remember him being shite. Think he scored for us too. Andreas "Pamela" Andersson was another.

Jesus, he was weaker than piss him.

Guest bimpy474

Na, Frank Pingel.

He scored though - remember him and Benny Kristensen.

Sure Benny was the better one of the two anarl.

Benny was CB who played in midfield a bit from i recall.

Didn't Rob McDonald come from a Dutch club? I remember him being s****. Think he scored for us too. Andreas "Pamela" Andersson was another.

Jesus, he was weaker than p*ss him.

Dear lord. You are dredging the fuckers up now LOL.

Thing with de Jong and most of them actually, is that the whole club has me just so deflated and down that its hard to judge if any of them are good, average, poor, piss poor or sholaesque.

in the past we have had some crumbs.

I wsn't the biggest fan of McKeag and co but even then we had 'some' direction, some crumbs of comfort.

Now its just shit from the very top to the very bottom, with a big side order of shit, flavoured with grated shit and served on a bed of wilted shit.

Literally not even the 90 mins of footbal to lose yourself in. I was never really able to divorce the game from the wider issues, I know many can and do. just watch the 90 mins and go home, not really interested or particularly bothered in the other things. (The wider state of the club, its links to the community, the stadium, direction, ambition etc)

For me 'we' have always been more than the 90 mins, more than just the game of football. thats why this regime is so soul destroyingly evil and pernicious.

Didn't Rob McDonald come from a Dutch club? I remember him being s****. Think he scored for us too. Andreas "Pamela" Andersson was another.

Think he only scored 4, 3 of them at Stamford Bridge, Old Trafford & Anfield. :lol:

Guest bimpy474

Think he only scored 4, 3 of them at Stamford Bridge, Old Trafford & Anfield. :lol:

I just remember him hitting shots that went about 2 mph. :lol:

Guest neesy111

Dalglish:  "We've scouted over 100 strikers".  End up with him ffs.

Guest bimpy474

A 100 :lol: really ?

Initially but we realised there weren't many about so went a bit younger.

Guest bimpy474

Initially but we realised there weren't many about so went a bit younger.

:boomboom: :lol:

Na, Frank Pingel.

He scored though - remember him and Benny Kristensen.

Sure Benny was the better one of the two anarl.

I used to love Benny, always seemed to be injured though.

Biggest fecking thighs Iv'e ever seen.

:lol: His legs seemed really short in proportion to the rest of his body, gave him a strange running style but he was still fairly rapid iirc