Ashley - Undercutting NUFC Club Shops.

Crumpy Gunt

Plasters SJP (or SDA) with advertising his shit tat shops but is also routinely costing NUFC money via direct merchandise sales. Some sort of double whammy going on here.

£49

https://shop.nufc.co.uk/cgi-bin/live/ecommerce.pl?site=theclubshop_nufc&state=item&dept_id=01&sub_dept_id=20&product_id=320000

£37

http://www.sportsdirect.com/football-shirts/premier-league-football-shirts/newcastle-united-football-shirts

Lining the pockets of SD shareholders at the expense of NUFC.

Sports Direct aren't undercutting enough in my humble opinion.

Kitbag have 'em for £33. JJB sports has an xxl for £9.99.

You're the one who buys the shirt - It's ultimately up to you which company you support.

This isn't anything new, and to be fair he's undercutting every other club as well.  I have chosen in the past to buy my shirts at the club shop for precisely this reason, I'd rather pay the extra tenner & know the money was going to the club, but I understand people wanting to save the money & buy from SD.

Sorry I should have just added to the copious amounts of utter shit that is the 'were after >insert player name here< ' threads. De Jong getting on for 30 pages of utter fucking shite. The 'probable home kits' thread a masterpiece in tedium. Debuchy - 40 pages of .....shit.

Sorry to make a thread which is topical and has a direct effect on NUFC.

You can also say all other sports shops undercut our club shop. Also it's a similar case with Wigan and JJB/DW Sports, it was the same with Rangers and JJB who they had a deal with.

In fact you can pretty much look at any clubs or countries shirts on there 9 times out of 10 they will be cheaper than buying direct from said club or country.

It's been going on before Ashley arrived here and it will be going on well into the future as well.

Guest johnson293

The Mackems are already complaining about the cost of their new Adidas kits - even they are saying they'd rather buy them cheaper at 'Fat Mikes Shop'!! :lol:

This isn't anything new, and to be fair he's undercutting every other club as well.  I have chosen in the past to buy my shirts at the club shop for precisely this reason, I'd rather pay the extra tenner & know the money was going to the club, but I understand people wanting to save the money & buy from SD.

Pretty much this, even when I was 12 I was dragging my mam into the NUFC club store instead.  :lol:

From last season though I haven't been that bothered when the price jumped from £40 to £50 in the club stores.

Sorry I should have just added to the copious amounts of utter shit that is the 'were after >insert player name here< ' threads. De Jong getting on for 30 pages of utter fucking shite. The 'probable home kits' thread a masterpiece in tedium. Debuchy - 40 pages of .....shit.

Sorry to make a thread which is topical and has a direct effect on NUFC.

We've had this exact discussion at least once before and the miserable sods who whinge that Ashley is somehow undercutting the club eventually accept that Sports Direct is a completely separate entity to NUFC and trade in a completely different market.

Up until the point NUFC limit the supply and distribution of their kit to 3P retailers, then they're all going to be charging significantly less than the club shop.

The club sell to a different market than the regular sports retailers, they can afford to whack a price premium on the cost of their shirts.

Club shops are more expensive for one reason.

If you live outside of the clubs area and you are a fan then the first place you think of getting a shirt from would be the club itself, especially if your from outside of the country. Unless you support one of the Sky clubs then you can't really get any club shirts anywhere outside of the clubs local area. Every club plays on people thinking first of all of getting them straight from the club and not thinking about other suppliers.

Also what you have to consider is the fact that the likes of Sport direct offer other stuff as well, so as well as selling you a football shirt they could also sell you a pair of trainers, cheap t-shirts, and half a dozen £2.99 footballs.

Can I just add that on the red away shirt I went to get it from Sports direct but it was £49 like in the NUFC club stores so I decided against it. Fair enough it's came down but it shows that straight from the off it isn't always cheaper and only will be cheaper when the majority of the sales have dried up.

Club shops are more expensive for one reason.

If you live outside of the clubs area and you are a fan then the first place you think of getting a shirt from would be the club itself, especially if your from outside of the country. Unless you support one of the Sky clubs then you can't really get any club shirts anywhere outside of the clubs local area. Every club plays on people thinking first of all of getting them straight from the club and not thinking about other suppliers.

Also what you have to consider is the fact that the likes of Sport direct offer other stuff as well, so as well as selling you a football shirt they could also sell you a pair of trainers, cheap t-shirts, and half a dozen £2.99 footballs.

Bang on. I feel its mandatory to go to the club shop each time i go over.

Its stupid, but its just something i do, and i buy the shit i want there.

:okay:

Its not cheap, but its the official club shop, its at SJP, all my friends i take with me over, always wants to go there too, just to see it. They looks like friggin Christmas trees when they get out.  :lol: :lol: :lol: :aww:

Hannah, easily

Over Rachel?

No debate. Rachel. Hannah isn't even second. Tina's gotten a right slutty look about her these days, too. So she's bumped up a place from the traditional order.

Guest Roger Kint

Hannah, easily

Over Rachel?

No debate. Rachel. Hannah isn't even second. Tina's gotten a right slutty look about her these days, too. So she's bumped up a place from the traditional order.

Definately, used to like Tina as well