The 2012/13 Betting Thread

Neil

Not so golden that February now after all. Probabyl means I'm finally out of this big betting. The 25€ I got back will go on us tomorrow...

You're doing it all wrong. I thought you were a good gambler because you won a shit load last year but the more I see it, the more it seems that you just lucked out by betting on teams that you like. We and Real did brilliantly last year so you made a lot of money. We and Real have been shit this year so you've lost a shit load of money. That's not a sign of a good gambler. It's a sign of a regular Joe fan who likes to bet on his teams.

You should have done what dinho said and bet on no more goals. That's what a gambler betting for money would have done. It seems that you just bet on teams that you like and you don't evaluate why things haven't gone as expected. I mean, Madrid must have cost you a thousand Euros this year yet you still bet big on them. Likewise with Newcastle. If you're going to do that then bet what you can afford to lose and just have a good time like most people on the forum. But if you want to bet for money then I suggest you chill out a bit and seek out good odds, even if it means betting against a team that you like.

It's not fun seeing people throw away hundreds of Euros without thinking.

Not so golden that February now after all. Probabyl means I'm finally out of this big betting. The 25€ I got back will go on us tomorrow...

You're doing it all wrong. I thought you were a good gambler because you won a shit load last year but the more I see it, the more it seems that you just lucked out by betting on teams that you like. We and Real did brilliantly last year so you made a lot of money. We and Real have been shit this year so you've lost a shit load of money. That's not a sign of a good gambler. It's a sign of a regular Joe fan who likes to bet on his teams.

You should have done what dinho said and bet on no more goals. That's what a gambler betting for money would have done. It seems that you just bet on teams that you like and you don't evaluate why things haven't gone as expected. I mean, Madrid must have cost you a thousand Euros this year yet you still bet big on them. Likewise with Newcastle. If you're going to do that then bet what you can afford to lose and just have a good time like most people on the forum. But if you want to bet for money then I suggest you chill out a bit and seek out good odds, even if it means betting against a team that you like.

It's not fun seeing people throw away hundreds of Euros without thinking.

Agree. :thup:

I put a handful of bets on last night whilst in bed. They're all shite.

£3 on Kiev win @ 1.90

£3 on Anzhi win @ 1.7

£2 on an 8 fold :facepalm: Lpool Draw, Chelsea, Lyon Draw, Anzhi, Ncl, Napoli, Levante, Kiev. (£1019)

£3 doubles (£12) on Man Utd, Arsenal, Tottenham wins at the weekend

Farewell 8 fold! Fucking scousers.

I reckon under 2.5 goals is the bet in our game.

Bloody gutted.

Had £20 on this and also a seperate bet of £20 on over 55 booking points. Just checked to see how much I will win and both of the bastards are still in my basket. Unplaced.

What a day.

Gone for us DNB, Zenit DNB, Ajax -1 treble. Not that confident though tbh.

Decent, almot very good if not for us.

Final bet of night is BATE to win in play. 2.05.

Double on both Russian teams not to have a clean sheet.

Shite, shite.

Potential bets of the weekend (based on stats and shit) -

(Not alot about this weekend, but meeeeh... )

Marseille v Valenciennes

OM haven't won in at least the last 5 matches. Valenciennes have not won away from home for at least 5 matches.

OM Match Result - 1.61

Bordeaux v Lyon

Bordeaux haven't been involved in over 2.5 in at least 6 matches.

Over 2.5 - 2.50

Under 2.5 - 1.50

Over. 1.5 - 1.44

Under 1.5 - 2.62

Bayer Leverkusen v FC Augsburg

Leverkusen haven't won in 3 matches. Augsburg (2nd from bottom) are unbeaten in at least 5 matches. Maybe they're due to get

beat now? Although, a European game for Leverkusen could complicate things.

Leverkusen MR - 1.50

VfL Wolfsburg v Bayern Munich

Bayern have still only conceded one away goal all season (in 10 matches). The last goal they conceded away from home was 5

matches ago against Nurnberg, just before the winter break. Are they due to concede one?

Wolfsburg to score one or more - 1.66

Bayern have also won the last 4 away games... could they drop points this weekend?

Wolfsburg DNB - 6.00

Handicap -1 or Double Chance - 2.87

Espanyol v Betis

Espanyol have won their last 4 home games. Betis have lost their last 2 away games but are still 2nd in the away league table behind

Barcelona.

Not sure which way to call this, but maybe Espanyol about time dropped points at home? That's my feeling anyway.

Betis DNB - 2.37

Double chance and handicap - 1.66

Betis haven't been involved in over 1.5 in their last 2 matches now.

Over 1.5 - 1.33

Under - 3.00

Really fancy Wolfsburg to score and OM to win. Over 1.5 in the Bord-Lyon match is quite tempting too.

So, anyone fancy any shocks this weekend?

If so, get yourself to Coral immediately:

http://sports.coral.co.uk/football/england/fa-cup

Take note of the odds for the outright win for Oldham, Brentford, Leeds and Reading. Then, click on the Draw No Bet tab.

Someone's getting fired. Either that or it's an unbelievably bold strategy to tempt punters in. :lol:

If you can't be arsed to look, they've set some of the DNB prices higher than the outright win. Oldham to win 8/1, DNB 9/1.

Take note of the odds for the outright win for Oldham, Brentford, Leeds and Reading. Then, click on the Draw No Bet tab.

Someone's getting fired. Either that or it's an unbelievably bold strategy to tempt punters in. :lol:

If you can't be arsed to look, they've set some of the DNB prices higher than the outright win. Oldham to win 8/1, DNB 9/1.

Can they void those bets once they are placed? I remember play put up a TV for a tener once and I bought ten of them and they refunded it saying it was a mistake and they couldn't ship it. After checking the terms and conditions mistakes are covered. I'd assume the bookies are covered in the same way.

Can they void those bets once they are placed? I remember play put up a TV for a tener once and I bought ten of them and they refunded it saying it was a mistake and they couldn't ship it. After checking the terms and conditions mistakes are covered. I'd assume the bookies are covered in the same way.

Yeah, they can void it. Happens quite often.