The 2012/13 Betting Thread

Neil

Put my last $5 on a 6 leg multi. Picked all 4 Premier League Results last night. Need Newcastle and Spurs to win for a cool 1800 dollars.

You do your bets in a local TAB or do you use an online site?

Think he uses that www.aftertiming.de site

Online site .. Sportingbet .. Willing to provid evidence if it comes off. just for you Stu.

Dan - :thup:

beren - you're reasonably risk averse?

Is that a question or a declarative statement, mate? :lol:

Think it'd be a crying shame to get zero profit off a decent accy, so if you get that far into the slip, makes sense to ensure you walk away with something. Suppose it all depends on the weight of the hedge. I'm only going to put 70 or thereabouts against the -1 anyway.

Little bit frustrating though, as recently my stakes have been £50, and they've won so no idea what compelled me to reduce my stake. Perhaps I thought this one was a bit more adventurous/less worthy of a higher stake.

Think it'd be a crying shame to get zero profit off a decent accy, so if you get that far into the slip, makes sense to ensure you walk away with something. Suppose it all depends on the weight of the hedge. I'm only going to put 70 or thereabouts against the -1 anyway.

Little bit frustrating though, as recently my stakes have been £50, and they've won so no idea what compelled me to reduce my stake. Perhaps I thought this one was a bit more adventurous/less worthy of a higher stake.

Bit of both, just wondering how much of the £870 you were willing to sacrifice to boost the guaranteed return. Had a view that you're a fairly risk averse bettor, so wondered if you would try and go 50/50 and save yourself the monetary anguish of 'cheering' home a 90th minute winner :)

Aussiemag - why not now?

If I had to generalise, then yes, I'd probably characterise myself as a risk averse gambler (over the course of my betting 'career', anyway) - it tends to provide me solid enough returns, with the occasional spectacular win.

Haven't bet so much this season though.

Bit of both, just wondering how much of the £870 you were willing to sacrifice to boost the guaranteed return. Had a view that you're a fairly risk averse bettor, so wondered if you would try and go 50/50 and save yourself the monetary anguish of 'cheering' home a 90th minute winner :)

Aussiemag - why not now?

I'm on my iPad .. So don't know how to post a photo on?

Guest Nobbys Trumpet

£5 Double @23/10

Newcastle

Man Utd

£1 Treble @10/1

Newcastle

Man Utd

Liverpool Draw

£2 Treble @43/1

Newcastle (-1.0 Handicap Draw)

Man Utd (-1.0 Handicap Draw)

Liverpool (-1.0 Handicap Draw)

£1 Singles

1-0 Sissoko FG @30/1

1-0 Ben Arfa FG @30/1

27€ on Man Utd -1 / Real -1 / NUFC / Hamburg +1 / Spurs + 1. Returns 1000€.

12€ on Sissoko anytime + us to win

110€ on us to win

15€ on Cabaye anytime + 3-1 win

Returns 200€. First done. The Man Utd bet was done to rescue me, now it could be the jackpot bet. The big dream still on as well. Do it!

£15 on Man U, NUFC, THFC and a draw at Millwall.

Millwall draw just in :thup:

I've got the same bet. £3 returns £130.

NUFC giving me a fucking heart attack but coming in, looking like the Man U result as well failing another capitulation.

Spurs man, come on.

NUFC giving me a fucking heart attack but coming in, looking like the Man U result as well failing another capitulation.

Spurs man, come on.

Please Spurs, pleeeeeease.

NUFC giving me a f***ing heart attack but coming in, looking like the Man U result as well failing another capitulation.

Spurs man, come on.

I'm thinking of putting some sort of cover bet on Liverpool....