The 2012/13 Betting Thread

Neil

Very good night. Could have been better though; does anyone ever have trouble placing a bet on the Coral website? They advertised Newcastle/Chelsea/Lazio which I was going to stick £20 on. Tried to click on the odds to place the bet but it never worked. Tried it on both Chrome and IE. Dunno what was up, annoying. Still, Cisse with a nice wee earner.

Very good night. Could have been better though; does anyone ever have trouble placing a bet on the Coral website? They advertised Newcastle/Chelsea/Lazio which I was going to stick £20 on. Tried to click on the odds to place the bet but it never worked. Tried it on both Chrome and IE. Dunno what was up, annoying. Still, Cisse with a nice wee earner.

Yeah thats happened to me before Neil, it's a bit of a dodgy site.

Basically, before the Arsenal game i went into Coral wanting to put a double on Arsenal and us. I couldn't find any of the pre-made slips that allowed me to put both games on so i just wrote on one of the blank slips lying around the shop 'Arsenal to beat Bayern. Newcastle to beat Anzhi', and my stake £5. I know the odds at the time returned £93.75 (i checked online before going to the shop) but i didn't write the odds or anything on the slip. How will the dude behind the counter know what money to pay out? And they are gonna give me my £93.75 right?

This probably seems like a dumb question but i just wanna make sure i get my monies.

Newcastle by 1 goal, Chelsea to qualify, Lazio, Spurs -1 (vs Fulham).

Belting. On to win £400 off £15 :thup: Will probably hedge the Fulham game though.

Ooft, nice one man.

Fulham +2 is currently 4/7. So I might just hedge for a guaranteed £150 return. Spurs rarely win at a canter now I think about it.

Guest Roger Kint

Cisse to score in a Newcastle win is 5/1 with Will Hill.

:D

I had him with 2-1. At least the £35 i got from us winning came in. Now to lose it all at Cheltenham

Had 2/3 winners last night: £3 on Cisse FGS returning £18, £5 on NUFC to win in 90 minutes returning about £11.50 and I had £3 on NUFC to score a penalty which obvs I lost out on.

Guest Roger Kint

Anyone got any Cheltenham picks I can waste some of that profit on?

Sir Des Champs.... If McCoy rides it that is

Avoid it like the plague now he is on it. It will probably be put down after today. Gutted i have lumped on already tbh

Avoid it like the plague now he is on it. It will probably be put down after today. Gutted i have lumped on already tbh

:lol: I think he will do well on it

Guest Roger Kint

:lol: I think he will do well on it

It would take a special jockey to ruin such a great horse, AP could well do it though :lol:

Basically, before the Arsenal game i went into Coral wanting to put a double on Arsenal and us. I couldn't find any of the pre-made slips that allowed me to put both games on so i just wrote on one of the blank slips lying around the shop 'Arsenal to beat Bayern. Newcastle to beat Anzhi', and my stake £5. I know the odds at the time returned £93.75 (i checked online before going to the shop) but i didn't write the odds or anything on the slip. How will the dude behind the counter know what money to pay out? And they are gonna give me my £93.75 right?

This probably seems like a dumb question but i just wanna make sure i get my monies.

Those odds you checked online seem high, we're arsenal really 7/1 or more to win the game?

Those odds you checked online seem high, we're arsenal really 7/1 or more to win the game?

I had Arsenal/Newcastle £5 double paid £96. Arsenal were 7/1 on PP.