The 2012/13 Betting Thread

Neil

Had Blackburn/Arsenal/Real and AjaxXCity/MalagaXMilan. As always, overestimate those bottling Milan cunts. Man City just make me laugh. :yao: Not fussed about losing the £10 tonight as the results were so fucking funny. :lol:

I've recently read Amarillos Slims autobiography, he says that betting on the favourite is most peoples problem and the only money to be made is on underdogs. I think the champions league this week has proved that point. Imagine having a Shalke, Dortmund and Ajax treble, even at DNB.

I'm going to stick 20 quid in my account and only bet on good underdog bets, anyone else fancy doing this challenge?

Anyone seen that Facebook page with the bloke that won £13500 from a £2, 18-match, both teams to score bet on Tuesday? Jammy bastard. :(

Whilst I've never won that much of course, I've had a few decent winners in the Goal Rush (both teams to score) bets. The Championship is particularly fruitful. I think on Tuesday there was pretty much a full Championship programme and only two sides didn't score.

Guest Rey Mysterio

I don't think backing favourites is the problem, if anything I'd say its the way to go, it's picking the right ones that can justify the odds.

2-way handicaps provide great value if you know your stuff. You only have to be right say 11 times out of 20 to break even. It's a 50/50 chance, some monkey from a zoo has a decent chance of being level or even up if it had a lucky day! Doubles, trebles & sometimes higher are easy to pick off when you've found your niche too for some great prices.

I've recently read Amarillos Slims autobiography, he says that betting on the favourite is most peoples problem and the only money to be made is on underdogs. I think the champions league this week has proved that point. Imagine having a Shalke, Dortmund and Ajax treble, even at DNB.

I'm going to stick 20 quid in my account and only bet on good underdog bets, anyone else fancy doing this challenge?

Anzhi are 3/1 against Liverpool.

Anzhi are 3/1 against Liverpool.

Bit ridonkulous, that. Anzhi have got some good results in Europe lately.

Guest Rey Mysterio

Udinese were a ridiculous price against Liverpool a few weeks back and did the business. Should be good for a DNB.