The 2012/13 Betting Thread

Neil

Guest Rey Mysterio

Depends on the size of the cock up. I've known them to let things slide in the past. Other times if its costing them hundreds/thousands they'll do something about it.

So, anyone fancy any shocks this weekend?

If so, get yourself to Coral immediately:

http://sports.coral.co.uk/football/england/fa-cup

Take note of the odds for the outright win for Oldham, Brentford, Leeds and Reading. Then, click on the Draw No Bet tab.

Someone's getting fired. Either that or it's an unbelievably bold strategy to tempt punters in. :lol:

If you can't be arsed to look, they've set some of the DNB prices higher than the outright win. Oldham to win 8/1, DNB 9/1.

Can they void those bets once they are placed? I remember play put up a TV for a tener once and I bought ten of them and they refunded it saying it was a mistake and they couldn't ship it. After checking the terms and conditions mistakes are covered. I'd assume the bookies are covered in the same way.

Yeah, they can void it. Happens quite often.

Right, so if someone wins a big bet, they could easily void, claiming it was a mistake, it to avoid paying out?

Guest Rey Mysterio

Usually they can either contact you prior to the event to void it or settle it at the `correct` price if they realise they've messed up after the bet has been settled.

Take note of the odds for the outright win for Oldham, Brentford, Leeds and Reading. Then, click on the Draw No Bet tab.

Someone's getting fired. Either that or it's an unbelievably bold strategy to tempt punters in. :lol:

If you can't be arsed to look, they've set some of the DNB prices higher than the outright win. Oldham to win 8/1, DNB 9/1.

Can they void those bets once they are placed? I remember play put up a TV for a tener once and I bought ten of them and they refunded it saying it was a mistake and they couldn't ship it. After checking the terms and conditions mistakes are covered. I'd assume the bookies are covered in the same way.

Right, so if someone wins a big bet, they could easily void, claiming it was a mistake, it to avoid paying out?

They won't pay out on those odds.

I put 200€ or something on Inter to go through against Kazan (?) in the CL 09/10 season via a live bet (they were 1-0 up already, after having won the first leg 1-0) @1.80.

They paid out @1.01.

They won't pay out on those odds.

I put 200€ or something on Inter to go through against Kazan (?) in the CL 09/10 season via a live bet (they were 1-0 up already, after having won the first leg 1-0) @1.80.

They paid out @1.01.

So, basically, if you're one away from a big win, hedging could proof to be fatal? :lol: (Assuming there was NO mistake in the odds.)

Good odds? Bayern have conceded 1 goal in 10 away games (now 1 in 11).

Wolfsburg have scored 9 home goals all season.

Why on earth would you bet on Wolfsburg to score? :lol: Sorry Dinho, I just don't get it.

Bayern to win to nil was 5/4 tonight. 5/4. They'd conceded 1 in 10. 5/4. 1 in 10. 5/4.

Now that's value.

Good odds? Bayern have conceded 1 goal in 10 away games (now 1 in 11).

Wolfsburg have scored 9 home goals all season.

Why on earth would you bet on Wolfsburg to score? :lol: Sorry Dinho, I just don't get it.

I only put a quid on it as I wasn't that confident anyway. Never mind, next time it will be a fiver or a tenner. If that doesn't work, then it will be twenty-something, etc. Eventually it will come off. (As long as I'm careful in not "over betting" to the point where I'd be in a loss by the time it comes off.)

Anyway, you should have realised now my new betting strategy, which is to bet on possible outcomes, via looking at the stats, using the probability method. :lol: (the "due one..." shit)

:lol: I'm not going to convince you otherwise, I just find it an utterly bamboozling strategy.

Don't get me wrong, I know what you mean about a team being "due one", but that surely shouldn't be the way you look at it when it comes to betting. You're asking to lose money.

:lol: I'm not going to convince you otherwise, I just find it an utterly bamboozling strategy.

Don't get me wrong, I know what you mean about a team being "due one", but that surely shouldn't be the way you look at it when it comes to betting. You're asking to lose money.

I won't necessarily dive in there and bet rashly. I will still use my gut feelings, current knowledge of the teams, team news, etc to help me make a decision as to how much to bet or to whether to bet at all.

It's just a new method that I want to try and see what it might do for me. Last week I could have won some decent money had I betted using that method.

Dinho have you looked into matched betting? Taking all the sign up bonus from all the betting sites?

It's hard work at the start working it all out but once you get sorted you can easily look at earning between £400-£1000 profit just by the UK bookies alone.

It takes a while but it does work.

At least then if you wanna take a risk and use the martingale it will effictively be with the bookies money anyway!  O0

Won't be betting big amounts on us or Madrid anymore, only if I'm 100% sure of a win. Head has to go before heart absolutely.

Got 10€ on

Bayern (-1) (yesterday, thanks Robben)

Leverkusen (-1)

Hamburg (-1)

Dortmund (-1)

Mainz - Schalke draw

Düsseldorf - Fürth draw

Returns just over 4k.

And, 175€ on Hamburg / Leverkusen double. Hope Leverkusen will be alright despite having played Europa League on Thursday.

Dinho have you looked into matched betting? Taking all the sign up bonus from all the betting sites?

It's hard work at the start working it all out but once you get sorted you can easily look at earning between £400-£1000 profit just by the UK bookies alone.

It takes a while but it does work.

At least then if you wanna take a risk and use the martingale it will effictively be with the bookies money anyway!  O0

Aye I did that years ago but of course I was so stupid after all the hard work I blew it all on chasing a massive amount, learnt a valuable lesson. Which I then learnt again. Never again!