La Liga 14/15

Disco

Guest neesy111

Marca claims the team captains have asked for Mourinho's sacking in a meeting with Pérez.

denied by Perez

He's not going to confirm it, all hell would break loose.

Marca claims the team captains have asked for Mourinho's sacking in a meeting with Pérez.

denied by Perez

He's not going to confirm it, all hell would break loose.

The fact Pérez called up an unplanned presser just to deny this speaks volumes, imho.

About what went wrong with Mourinho; I have never seen man with such a talent for making enemies and being a classless t***. The Madrid press gave him a pass as he was a tool in order to defeat Barça, but once the football side of things has started to falter, he's lost them. To be frank, they are being incredibly vicious right now; but they have always loved a good pyre, Real Madrid press have always been one of the main reasons that place is a circus.

He just hasn't adjusted to our football culture, imho; he probably thought he would get the same treatment here than he had in England or Italy.

To be frank, I'd love if he stayed; he's dragging Real Madrid through the mud and their popularity is at an all-time low in Spain (several polls have been showing that in the past years). Watching that place implode (again) is always an enjoyable spectacle. And he's achieved absolutely nothing another manager with half a brain wouldn't with the amount of amazing players he has at his disposal.

denied by Perez

Real Madrid C.F.

Due to current reports in the media Real Madrid’s captains would like to communicate the following:

1. That in the meeting held on Tuesday with the club’s President and Director General there was no ultimatum from us regarding our coach.

2. As squad captains and members of an excellent group of people and professionals we categorically reject the use of our names or any of the rest of our squad in support of any such information that we label in its entirety as false.

3. We want to show our support for our coach, Jose Mourinho, for whom we have the greatest respect.

4. Finally, we wish to convey to all Real Madrid club members and followers our unwavering conviction that only through the unity of everyone connected with Real Madrid will we overcome, as always, all of the challenges that we face each season.

Guest neesy111

La Liga has approved new financial rules. Details are still to emerge but apparently it will impose transfer bans to clubs that fail to balance their budgets.

I'm sure I've heard that before......

Real Sociedad's former vice-president has confessed to buying "strange medicines" from famous doping mastermind Eufemiano Fuentes, currently on trial for "Operación Puerto" regarding a cycling doping scandal.

It has been long suspected they were involved, but now seems it's coming out, although their president at the time is of course denying it.

Funniest thing is, that they were pretty damn s*** and got relegated during the period they allegedly bought those chemicals.

Real Sociedad's former vice-president has confessed to buying "strange medicines" from famous doping mastermind Eufemiano Fuentes, currently on trial for "Operación Puerto" regarding a cycling doping scandal.

It has been long suspected they were involved, but now seems it's coming out, although their president at the time is of course denying it.

Funniest thing is, that they were pretty damn s*** and got relegated during the period they allegedly bought those chemicals.

I'm not sure, because nobody can be, but I strongly believe that almost the whole squad of Barcelona and Real Madrid are involved.

The Spanish national team, too.

To be frank, I consider any widespread doping in football almost impossible to hide. Too many people involved, too many disgruntled players that can easily blow off the lid... I can believe a particular player could do it on their own, but a whole squad? Nah.

And Spaindopinglol it's a pretty easy escape to dismiss our recent success in sports.

To be frank, I consider any widespread doping in football almost impossible to hide. Too many people involved, too many disgruntled players that can easily blow off the lid... I can believe a particular player could do it on their own, but a whole squad? Nah.

And Spaindopinglol it's a pretty easy escape to dismiss our recent success in sports.

A whole squad? Ask US Postal. Ask Phonak. Ask Telekom / T-Mobile team. Ask Team Astana and probably Team Radioshak.

Atletico is coming over to play our national side (Singapore) in a friendly this August for free. Learn from that you Premier League cash cows! :huff:

Falcao... :drool: (Now I've likely jinxed it and they'll probably play a youth side and still beat us comfortably :yao:)

• 1 month later...

Reports that the Spanish government is working on new regulation that would force collective bargaining for TV rights. It would be enforced starting 2016-2017 season.

The % of money every club would get every season would be accounted according to 1) their "historic importance" 2) their TV audience 3) table position

The club with the lowest size of the pie would never get less than 1/5 of the highest.

Interesting, if they really pull it off. Spanish Government :yao:

Guest neesy111

Reports that the Spanish government is working on new regulation that would force collective bargaining for TV rights. It would be enforced starting 2016-2017 season.

The % of money every club would get every season would be accounted according to 1) their "historic importance" 2) their TV audience 3) table position

The club with the lowest size of the pie would never get less than 1/5 of the highest.

Interesting, if they really pull it off. Spanish Government :yao:

Would clubs be better off , at the bottom?

No details yet about the precise formula used to calculate it (and tbf it will probably have to go through lots of negotiating)

Using the current amount that RM/Barça get for their contracts right now as a baseline, the last club in La Liga would get €28m, it currently gets around half of that.

Guest neesy111

No details yet about the precise formula used to calculate it (and tbf it will probably have to go through lots of negotiating)

Using the current amount that RM/Barça get for their contracts right now as a baseline, the last club in La Liga would get €28m, it currently gets around half of that.

:undecided:

Something certainly needs to be done about it though, no wonder why so many clubs are in administration etc.