La Liga 14/15

Disco

Very well to be honest. He hasn't scored too much (and one of the reasons is a surprising lack of selfishness), but his link up game and interplay with the rest of the attacking players has been surprising. He's created a lot (already got 5 assists to his name, third in La Liga) and has easily been one of our best players, despite being a new arrival.

Very excited to see him integrate more with the rest of the squad and develop further. Clásico in a couple weeks will be his first big game.

Pity Messi has had so many injury problems, seeing both of them on song :fwap:

Cheers :thup:

His link-up play just immediately click then eh? I imagine he's going to ramp up all season long before the World Cup, ready to be the star of the show at home this summer.

I never for once thought Neymar would play as well as he has this year. Last year he was below par, now he's back to 2011 level if not even better. Seems to be improving every game that he plays as well.

You think the Barca coaching + World Cup in the summer + being around the Barca players who are very much up to his level of quality have to do with it?

I'm honestly so damn curious to see how Brazil does this summer, just feel like they've been ramping up to this event and could be an absolute nightmare to face with that home crowd and their exciting young team...

Personally i think Neymar took his game as far as he could in Brazil in needed to leave for challenge reasons....( in other words he plateaued which led to stagnation) Obviously playing alongside Barca's players and playing against some of the European type defences he will face at the WC helps as well though.

Flip will know a helluva lot more about that than i will though.

Personally i think Neymar took his game as far as he could in Brazil in needed to leave for challenge reasons....( in other words he plateaued which led to stagnation) Obviously playing alongside Barca's players and playing against some of the European type defences he will face at the WC helps as well though.

I'm not sure he plateaued since his form declined before the Confed, but I do agree with the rest. He's definitely getting better every game and it must be a lot thanks to playing with better players every day. Like I said, surprised by how fast he's adapted and performed.

I'm not sure he plateaued since his form declined before the Confed, but I do agree with the rest. He's definitely getting better every game and it must be a lot thanks to playing with better players every day. Like I said, surprised by how fast he's adapted and performed.

That was an assumption more than anything else, i shouldn't have spoken in facts like i knew.

The only thing i know about Brazilian football comes from the thread on here. :lol:

Its funny though not only has he performed excellently he's made those around him perform better too.... haven't seen Sanchez play this well since Udinese days and i do think Neymar is a part of the reason.

That was an assumption more than anything else, i shouldn't have spoken in facts like i knew.

The only thing i know about Brazilian football comes from the thread on here. :lol:

Its funny though not only has he performed excellently he's made those around him perform better too.... haven't seen Sanchez play this well since Udinese days and i do think Neymar is a part of the reason.

:thup:

Like you said, it looks like he's made the others better as well. Something he does well though is that he can fill in for Messi as well. Did an excellent job against Celtic without Messi and even though Xavi and Iniesta were having their worst games in years there he did an excellent job and basically guided them to victory.

Something he needs to do better though is to stop looking for Messi all the time. Sometimes he has to just shoot, he's proven he's not a selfish player and just has to let go of the mentality of always looking for the pass first.

I hope to see him continue to thrive under this environment and to get more goals as well as avoid any serious injuries. I think he's become the most vital part of the national team over the last couple of months and really fulfilling his potential.

• 4 weeks later...

Barca are so limited without Messi. No spark from them at all. Neymar has been dreadful so far. Only positive for Barca there was that they probably can't play much worse second half. Getting caught on the break regularly and are lucky to be going in at 0-0.

• 3 weeks later...

So local businessman Peter Lim has been credited with a strong bid to buy Valencia. It will take  €200-300m to clear the debts,  €130m to complete Nou Mestalla, and more funds to invest in players. Sounds like an expensive takeover to me although Valencia ticks a lot of boxes for a football club.