La Liga 14/15

Disco

I suppose the odds reflect that the Pizjuán is one of the most hostile places for Real Madrid to visit.

Weird though considering Madrid have won 6-2 there last 2 seasons in a row.

Which makes it even more hostile. Was meaning the crowd, not the difficulties they have found winning there. As said, I don't think they'll have trouble. Madrid usually only struggle against sides that are used and comfortable playing under pressure, in my opinion, and don't open themselves up to get raped by Madrid's directness and athleticism. Like Levante last season or Getafe few weeks ago.

Bigger chance of us dropping points against Getafe, imho, we always struggle in that place.

One further reason why Atlético are one of the worst run teams in the world. You won the Europa League, you've just won the European Supercup and have one of the best strikers in the world banging them right and centre...

...yet your board can't still find a shirt sponsor.

http://www.marca.com/imagenes/2012/09/15/futbol/equipos/atletico/1347697420_extras_mosaico_noticia_1_g_0.jpg

:facepalm:

(picture is from last season but they've just announced they haven't secured one for the next games)

Just seen that Llorente is back playing for Athletic. Almost forgot that he didn't move.

Athletic did alright in the end only losing Martinez, plus gaining Aduriz who has matured since they last had him and his a far superior rotation forward to Toquero.

I'd also like to know VI's thoughts on Tello. His pace is a weapon but he reminds me very much of a Spanish Theo Walcott. First touch doesn't look like something out of Barca's system.

I've thought similar, I know he's only young but saw him quite often make the wrong decision and run the ball out of play as he thinks he can beat players for pace over 10 yards all of the time.

I'd also like to know VI's thoughts on Tello. His pace is a weapon but he reminds me very much of a Spanish Theo Walcott. First touch doesn't look like something out of Barca's system.

I've thought similar, I know he's only young but saw him quite often make the wrong decision and run the ball out of play as he thinks he can beat players for pace over 10 yards all of the time.

He always tries the same finish too. Side foot across the keeper, quite easy to read.

Just seen that Llorente is back playing for Athletic. Almost forgot that he didn't move.

Athletic did alright in the end only losing Martinez, plus gaining Aduriz who has matured since they last had him and his a far superior rotation forward to Toquero.

Weird little stat about Aduriz is that he has the best shot accuracy in Champions League history, 77% :snod:

To be frank, he's improved a lot this year. He's much more aware of his surroundings and makes smarter decisions. Technically he's limited, and I agree he needs to add variety to his finishes. But we don't have anything like him in our squad so I do think he's a good option to bring on. I can think of a lot of games where his inclusion has given us an edge. Cuenca is a far superior player technically, for example, but we could just stick Iniesta on a wing and get better results.

Thiago oozes class. I'm happy about his development; when he first debuted he was always looking for the Hollywood move or wondergoal, but in just a season he's become more and more intelligent in his decisions. Technically he has it all.

I can see Tello having his uses, that pace is electric. And he does have a nice stepover. Just think that in terms of technique he sticks out like a sore thumb in that squad.

But hey you need squad players and different options and I guess he is that, particularly against weaker sides.

Has Thiago played much of late though? Thought Fabergas had rather usurped his coming off the bench midfielder role a bit

He'd been injuried since the end of last season, the lad even missed the Olympics (and we missed him...). To be frank he was only declared fit a couple weeks ago and already's got a start. The expectations on him are immense and Xavi no longer can play 50 games a season like he used to.

Has Thiago played much of late though? Thought Fabergas had rather usurped his coming off the bench midfielder role a bit

He'd been injuried since the end of last season, the lad even missed the Olympics (and we missed him...). To be frank he was only declared fit a couple weeks ago and already's got a start. The expectations on him are immense and Xavi no longer can play 50 games a season like he used to.

Aaaah ok didn't realise he was injured. Hope Xavi's shoes aren't a burden for him

I'm sure this has been said for years now yet he always seems to.

Thiago IMO will be on be the best midfielders in the world once he fulfils his potential.

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070526081822/uncyclopedia/images/thumb/1/15/CaptainobviousChooseOption.jpg/200px-CaptainobviousChooseOption.jpg

I'm sure this has been said for years now yet he always seems to.

And he even beat his goalscoring record last year actually. But there were lots of games where you could see that his fitness wasn't there.