Relegation Candidates 2012/13

Minhosa

Guest SweMatt

QPR, Reading and Wigan for me. Can't see Swansea or Fulham being involved. Villa, West Ham, Southampton and Stoke will surely be bottom half teams as well.

Hi Toon fans,

Not been on here for a while, interesting to se many of you have us down for relegation, mostly because you see Clarke as a poor appointment, my view is, I don't know, Clarke is an unknown, but all new managers are a risk, I don't think Clarke is any more than most other managers. Just made a very decent signing in Yacob, plus firmed up Fosters position at the club so, I think we will have enough to do okay.

Swansea, Southampton, and maybe Fulham are my choices.

One thing for certain, it wil not be Newcastle, progressing very nicely these days, top five I would think.

Just made a very decent signing in Yacob, plus firmed up Fosters position at the club so, I think we will have enough to do okay.

Any idea why Avellaneda releaased him?

Out of contract and was a bit of a twat last season. Can't remember why but he got more or less banished by the club for a bit.

Hi Toon fans,

Not been on here for a while, interesting to se many of you have us down for relegation, mostly because you see Clarke as a poor appointment, my view is, I don't know, Clarke is an unknown, but all new managers are a risk, I don't think Clarke is any more than most other managers. Just made a very decent signing in Yacob, plus firmed up Fosters position at the club so, I think we will have enough to do okay.

One thing for certain, it wil not be Newcastle, progressing very nicely these days, top five I would think.

I worry for clubs having come up to premier league, be solid but unremarkable a bit, seems decent candidate if results stop being ground out. Possibly harsh, just didn't hear of much strengthening.

Hi Toon fans,

I worry for clubs having come up to premier league, be solid but unremarkable a bit, seems decent candidate if results stop being ground out. Possibly harsh, just didn't hear of much strengthening.

True, but we don't sell our best players either, provided Clarke is tactically sound, I think we will be fine.

Yacob was club Captain but ran his contract down, very good free signing in my opinion.

Liverpool may struggle if they cannot play to Brendan's system. When he was at Reading, he tried to impose the system on players who weren't comfortable with it. After he left, McDermott changed the system and things improved. Brendan inherited a good team with Swansea that could play how he wanted.

QPR, Reading and Wigan for me. Can't see Swansea or Fulham being involved. Villa, West Ham, Southampton and Stoke will surely be bottom half teams as well.

I think QPR will firmly establish themselves as a big spending lower midtable side over the next 2-3 years. They'll be the Sunderland of London.

Depends on how Swansea keep it up, think they've been making some astute signings and kept some of their players well but lost Sigursson...

I think they'll stay up with a strong start but if they play like last season but don't take people by surprise they won't get enough wins to stay up, just loads of draws.