Relegation Candidates 2012/13

Minhosa

I've stopped expecting Wigan to go down they just won't bloody go.

Swansea could face problems if they stick with the tippy tappy do nothing style because teams figured that out by the end of the season but new manager might mean a change in playing style.

Stoke are overdue a relegation, they've stopped improving and teams are figuring out how to counter their set piece/hoof barrage and their home record didn't seem impressive last year.

West Brom, Clarke may be an astute coach buts its a hell of a difference between a number 2 and to be the guy calling the shots and they inevitably slide into relegation problems sooner or later.

Villa will have a big turnover of players it seems but that can be a bad thing as it could take a while for the players to settle in and get used to each other though the home atmosphere is bound to improve by the simple fact McLeish is gone and with Bent they will always have a goal threat.

my early calls are Swansea West Brom West Ham

• 2 weeks later...
Guest nufc_89

I wouldn´t be too surpriced if QPR becomes a contender of the relegation battle or at least I hope so. Their squad has the highest average age (29.8) in the premiership. Stoke is in second place (29.0) and Fulham is in third place (27.9). QPR doesn´t even have one striker below thirty and now they are interested in Bellamy. The funniest part are their supporters becasue they don´t seem to worry and way too many of them are talking about Europe. As far as I can remember, teams with an old squad usually struggles.

I am surprised even one person has mentioned Fulham nevermind loads. Fulham are on the cusp of having a pretty excited team IMO.

Be between Norwich, promoted 3 and Wigan for me.

Have to think at least 1 of the newly promoted will see the drop...last season was rare in that all 3 stayed up.

Wigan keeps Roberto Martinez, will look like shit 85% of the season and then turn on the burners to stay up. Again.

I'll say Swansea, QPR because I hate them, and one of the 3 promoted.

West Ham, as long as they keep Allardyce in charge, have no realistic chance of getting relegated.

In the replica situation with Bolton in their first season post play-off win they only just missed the drop and again the previous season.

They'll probably eek out enough points though but they're no sure thing.

West Ham, as long as they keep Allardyce in charge, have no realistic chance of getting relegated.

In the replica situation with Bolton in their first season post play-off win they only just missed the drop and again the previous season.

They'll probably eek out enough points though but they're no sure thing.

Think they'll be safe. Big Sam isn't as bad as he's rated on here.

is the scum up the road dont sign someone they very well could be with that s*** squad

Up the road ? That's  Berwick Rangers.

One promoted team, one of the 3 times that wewnt up last year to suffer 2nd season syndrome (strange how a year on they all have new managers), plus WBA because of their managerial choice 

Guest antz1uk

is the scum up the road dont sign someone they very well could be with that s*** squad

Up the road ? That's  Berwick Rangers.

One promoted team, one of the 3 times that wewnt up last year to suffer 2nd season syndrome (strange how a year on they all have new managers), plus WBA because of their managerial choice

i'm in durham! haha

I'm inclined to think the opposite. The players they've been linked with are hardly "star" quality. James Collins ffs :lol:

Guest Svenno

West Ham, terrible squad. Their strikeforce is abysmal and I can see Vaz te being shite in the PL

QPR, appalling squad. Just packed out with aged, past-it players and people who aren't up to the PL

Swansea, people are kidding themselves if they thought Swansea were a good team last year. I know a lot of people on here didn't rate them and rightly so. They kept the ball a lot but over 30% of their possession was probably in their own half. I'd say they're currently a Joe Allen/Nathan Dyer transfer from being definite relegation fodder

http://www.thenumericaladvantage.com/?p=498

Although an article mainly about what impact Rodgers can have on Liverpool, it sums up Swanseas style of play pretty good.

I can see Villa, Southampton and Swansea making the drop.

I just hope that Swansea gets relegated, because I really can not express how deep my hatred for Michael Laudrup is. The Danish press is about jizz in their pants all the time, because he is the first Dane to be a manager in the EPL, so they cant really get enough of him and all his dealings. I really fear that they will show as many of Swansea's games, as they possible can  :rant:

I can see Villa, Southampton and Swansea making the drop.

I just hope that Swansea gets relegated, because I really can not express how deep my hatred for Michael Laudrup is. The Danish press is about jizz in their pants all the time, because he is the first Dane to be a manager in the EPL, so they cant really get enough of him and all his dealings. I really fear that they will show as many of Swansea's games, as they possible can  :rant:

Making a point of going to the Swansea game, totally love Laudrup  :p