The other games today - 2012/13

Neil

Sources close to the Hughton camp have let slip that he had a furious bust-up with the top brass immediately AFTER beating Sunderland 5-1 in the club’s greatest derby triumph in living memory.

What should have been a night of unbridled celebration was soured for Hughton because he was accused of milking the crowd as the Toon Army chanted his name.

I remember Golfmag said this as well. Fucking wankers the pair of them.

EDIT: err, not golfie and hughton, they're both ace.

Because our manager has done enough to earn him a bit of time?

I know it's not allowed to mention Pardew winning Manager of the season for some reason but since O'Neill went there they were going to make up the 10 points etc... but he has consistently failed and fallen further and further behind. He was their absolute dream appointment, most Newcastle fans were annoyed with Pardew's appointment. Pardew actually went on to prove people wrong who thought he would fail massively, MON went on to prove people wrong who thought he was going to turn them around.

See no comparison at all between the two apart from proving people wrong for vastly different reasons, sorry.

nine down, one to go?  :undecided:

;)

I know it's not allowed to mention Pardew winning Manager of the season for some reason but since O'Neill went there they were going to make up the 10 points etc... but he has consistently failed and fallen further and further behind. He was their absolute dream appointment, most Newcastle fans were annoyed with Pardew's appointment. Pardew actually went on to prove people wrong who thought he would fail massively, MON went on to prove people wrong who thought he was going to turn them around.

See no comparison at all between the two apart from proving people wrong for vastly different reasons, sorry.

Pardew hasn't proved anyone wrong, he is failing massively and his predecessor is totally showing him up, as he was always going to in time.

He 'fluked' 5th with our biggest points total in god knows how long, he certainly proved me wrong. If you or anyone else assumed he would do that I completely apologise for suggesting he proved you wrong.

Sources close to the Hughton camp have let slip that he had a furious bust-up with the top brass immediately AFTER beating Sunderland 5-1 in the club’s greatest derby triumph in living memory.

What should have been a night of unbridled celebration was soured for Hughton because he was accused of milking the crowd as the Toon Army chanted his name.

I remember Golfmag said this as well. Fucking wankers the pair of them.

Fucking vermin.

I remember Golfmag said this as well. f***ing wankers the pair of them.

f***ing vermin.

It really leaves a taste of sick in the mouth...

I'm not certain Hughton would do much better than Pardew with this current squad tbh....

He's succeeding with Norwich because he has the players the fit the style he wants to play like he did with us....

He has Holt to hold the ball up, fullbacks on natural sides and wingers on natural sides for width.

He would have none of that here and i'm not convinced he could get the best out of the players we have.

I'm also not convinced he would have ever got us to finish 5th at any point, honestly to get the very best out of these players we will need someone better than Pardew and Hughton when all is said and done they are average coaches quite frankly.

He 'fluked' 5th with our biggest points total in god knows how long, he certainly proved me wrong. If you or anyone else assumed he would do that I completely apologise for suggesting he proved you wrong.

Kinnear fluked 6th with the mighty Wimbledon and was voted manager of the year in 1994.  Does that mean he's a good manager?

I'm not certain Hughton would do much better than Pardew with this current squad tbh....

He's succeeding with Norwich because he has the players the fit the style he wants to play like he did with us....

He has Holt to hold the ball up, fullbacks on natural sides and wingers on natural sides for width.

He would have none of that here and i'm not convinced he could get the best out of the players we have.

I'm also not convinced he would have ever got us to finish 5th at any point, honestly to get the very best out of these players we will need someone better than Pardew and Hughton when all is said and done they are average coaches quite frankly.

Based on what? Totally unfair. Hughton has got the best out of his players in all three of his jobs.

Coped with a Europa League campaign and a 46 game season excellently too at Birmingham instead of crying his eyes out about it every week.

Kinnear fluked 6th with the mighty Wimbledon and was voted manager of the year in 1994.  Does that mean he's a good manager?

He probably was at the time, I was 11/12 and had little interest in Wimbledon so can't say for definite either way. I can only assume he had a pretty good year.

You're off your napper. Hughton has more coaching badges than our whole staff put together. It was lovely watching mediocre players today with the confidence to play a low tempo short passing game.

He probably was at the time, I was 11/12 and had little interest in Wimbledon so can't say for definite either way. I can only assume he had a pretty good year.

George Burley, manager of the year 2000-01, sacked the following year when Ipswich were relegated?

Pardew hasn't proved anyone wrong, he is failing massively and his predecessor is totally showing him up, as he was always going to in time.

To be proved wrong in this instance the people you refer to would have to have stated "Alan Pardew cannot manage a side that finishes fifth". That is only thing that actually finishing fifth "proves wrong".

George Burley, manager of the year 2000-01, sacked the following year when Ipswich were relegated?

RDM was sacked after winning two trophies, not sure what your point is. Do we accept that football is fickle and managers should go as soon as things turn a bit sour? That Moyes bloke would have long been in the dole queue if we all acted like that.

Chuffed to bits for Hughton. Always want to see Norwich win just simply because he's their manager and seems a top bloke. Hopefully they carry on climbing.

Obviously I would want us to finish above them but doesn't look likely.

If he carries on like this he will end up managing a decent sized club. possibly Everton when Moyes goes within the next couple of year.

To be proved wrong in this instance the people you refer to would have to have stated "Alan Pardew cannot manage a side that finishes fifth". That is only thing that actually finishing fifth "proves wrong".

People (and I include myself) claimed we would be relegated, does staying up then finishing 5th prove that wrong?

Based on what? Totally unfair. Hughton has got the best out of his players in all three of his jobs.

Coped with a Europa League campaign and a 46 game season excellently too at Birmingham instead of crying his eyes out about it every week.

He used 29 players in 60 games. We've used 30 in 21.  :jesuswept:

Guest neesy111

The manager of the year can only buy you so much time.  What happened last season has been quickly forgotten about with the crisis we are in, finishing 5th once doesn't mean that your overall a good manager plenty of managers have had flash in the pan when everything fell together for them like George Burley, Mike Walker, Joe Kinnear, Glenn Roeder in the premiership for example.

It's clear last years finish was built of foundations of quick sand and the manager has to take a good proportion of the blame for that.

If O'Neill is struggling for his job then Pardew has to be in some way.

People (and I include myself) claimed we would be relegated, does staying up then finishing 5th prove that wrong?

Not being relegated proves that we were not relegated. .

RDM was sacked after winning two trophies, not sure what your point is. Do we accept that football is fickle and managers should go as soon as things turn a bit sour? That Moyes bloke would have long been in the dole queue if we all acted like that.

You emphasised that Pardew had 'fluked' 5th and that he'd won manager of the year.

I know it's not allowed to mention Pardew winning Manager of the season for some reason

He 'fluked' 5th with our biggest points total in god knows how long

I've given two managers who won the same award that Pardew won last year.  One of them took his team down the season after winning it and should have been sacked sooner than he was for the good of the club.