The other games today - 2012/13

Neil

Well, that was a weird game. We played much better with 10 than with 11 and can't believe we got a chance to win this after how the first 30 min went. Our defence was awful though, I'm really worried we didn't bring another natural CB this summer. Mascherano and Busquets had mares.

Still, despite the defeat I'm pleased that the players still went for it in the second half. Now I need to get myself ready for mild abuse from my madridista boss tomorrow.

Dortmund going to get shafted with the draw again tomorrow most likely. Pot 4. Juve (and PSG if they cease being gash) in pot 3 lurking too.

City in pot 2, all other English in pot 1.

Well, that was a weird game. We played much better with 10 than with 11 and can't believe we got a chance to win this after how the first 30 min went. Our defence was awful though, I'm really worried we didn't bring another natural CB this summer. Mascherano and Busquets had mares.

Still, despite the defeat I'm pleased that the players still went for it in the second half. Now I need to get myself ready for mild abuse from my madridista boss tomorrow.

Meltdown etc.

VI/other barca experts, do you think Song will be utilised as a centreback this season similarly to Yaya in 2009 at Stamford Bridge. I think it is odd that they spent so much on a player who will backup one of the world's best in his favoured position while ignoring one of their biggest deficiencies. Maybe they believe the Cameroonian can help there as well.

Guest neesy111

VI/other barca experts, do you think Song will be utilised as a centreback this season similarly to Yaya in 2009 at Stamford Bridge. I think it is odd that they spent so much on a player who will backup one of the world's best in his favoured position while ignoring one of their biggest deficiencies. Maybe they believe the Cameroonian can help there as well.

Yes, they need to as they don't plan on signing anyone else this window.  So their CB's are Puyol and Piquet with mascherano, song and busquets coming in to rotate at CB.

It has been mentioned as a possibility, yes. The idea behind Song's signing though, is having a more athletic alternative to our midfielders. An upgraded Keita, so to speak.

It has been mentioned as a possibility, yes. The idea behind Song's signing though, is having a more athletic alternative to our midfielders. An upgraded Keita, so to speak.

18 million pound just for a slight upgrade, Barca man  :idiot2:

Can't understand Tito either, your team is 2-1 down with 10 minutes to go and you've got one of the worlds best goalscoring strikers twiddling his thumbs on the bench and you bring on a poor pedro for pedro to get you that goal  :fool:

Guest neesy111

18 million pound just for a slight upgrade, Barca man  :idiot2:

Can't understand Tito either, your team is 2-1 down with 10 minutes to go and you've got one of the worlds best goalscoring strikers twiddling his thumbs on the bench and you bring on a poor pedro for pedro to get you that goal  :fool:

Pedro has started the season really well actually, as VI says Villa has been out for 8 months.  Will take time for him to get to full fitness.

Villa isn't fit yet, I wouldn't have risked him against such crazies like Pepe or Ramos yet.

But I agree that spending €18m on Song while not buying a natural defender has been risky at best.

I'll give you that one. However i've always maintained i don't see why players get put on the bench if you have no desire to risk/use them. If they are winning 3-0, he won't get brought on because the tie is over and not worth the risk, they when the game is set up for him, he's not risked as it is to competitive and could risk injury.

Pedro has started the season really well actually, as VI says Villa has been out for 8 months.  Will take time for him to get to full fitness.

I've got nothing wrong with Pedro, i like Pedro, had his troubles with injury last season but glad to see him back in the side so far. Just thought it was a strange sub to take him off and bring on Tello when there were better options on the bench.

I think Villa would have probably been brought on if we were cruising to a win, like when he came on against Real Sociedad. That way he gets game time without the need of going full into every 50/50, etc...

Villa is going to be key to any success we might have this season, so we need to be careful with him.