The other games today - 2012/13

Neil

Chelsea defence hardly convincing here, league is bereft of midfielders who provide decent cover.

Newcastle :troll:

I greatly enjoy that cabaye and tiote would walk into any team in the league, both have the steel that man u arsenal and chelsea even lack, and tiote would be an upgrade on barry / rodwell / de jong imo

Jonas provides good workrate/cover and I am excited to see what Anita can do.

#spoilt

#ohthisisn'ttwitter?

Chelsea defence hardly convincing here, league is bereft of midfielders who provide decent cover.

Newcastle :troll:

I greatly enjoy that cabaye and tiote would walk into any team in the league, both have the steel that man u arsenal and chelsea even lack, and tiote would be an upgrade on barry / rodwell / de jong imo

Jonas provides good workrate/cover and I am excited to see what Anita can do.

#spoilt

#ohthisisn'ttwitter?

Also Perchenpauer can easily sit there. And Bigi looks very promising.

One day we'll desperately need a draw and pards will field 6 defensive midfielders won't he

:troll:

That first w brom pen was fine, the second was a terrible decision

How's it terrible? It was Skrtel being a clown. If ben arfa nipped in front of gallas, took the ball away and gallas has swiped his legs when attempting a pass, i'd be screaming a pen and expecting a pen as well. Doesn't matter if your actually going to pass the ball and kick the players heels it's still a foul surely? Long was in possession and in a dangerous position and he gets brought down. Stonewall for me.

That first w brom pen was fine, the second was a terrible decision

How's it terrible? It's was Skrtel being a clown. If ben arfa nipped in front of galas, took the ball away and gallas has swiped his legs when attempting a pass, i'd be screaming a pen and expecting a pen as well. Doesn't matter if you actually going to pass the ball and kick the players heels it's still a foul surely? Long was in possession and in a dangerous position and he gets brought down. Stonewall for me.

Perhaps I need to see it again but for me, it looked like there was barely any contact. I'm not someone who says - contact = pen. But like I said, I'll need to see it again

Is match of the day 1 going to be on iplayer? Forgot to record it

Unfortunately not.

Only motd2 goes on iplayer.

They've signed a new deal which includes Match of the Day on iPlayer, although it might possibly not come into affect until next season.

Unfortunately not.

They've signed a new deal which includes Match of the Day on iPlayer, although it might possibly not come into affect until next season.

bingo

Unfortunately not.

Aye it's next season. Lineker mentioned it on his Twitter the other day.

Glad to see business as usual resumed at the Camp Nou. We'll see what happens this thursday and particularly next weekend. Our away form played a big part on our downfall last season, and Osasuna away is one of the hardest trips in La Liga (we lost there last season).

Liking the pace in our wings, with Alba, Tello... Tello in particular had the best game in our shirt, and displayed some of the awareness that he lacked last year, to better exploit his pace. Thinking we should keep him instead of selling him as rumored.

An ex of mine dances tonight in the ceremony of the Gamper trophy. She's super-hot, so not sure I'll watch.

Glad to see business as usual resumed at the Camp Nou. We'll see what happens this thursday and particularly next weekend. Our away form played a big part on our downfall last season, and Osasuna away is one of the hardest trips in La Liga (we lost there last season).

Liking the pace in our wings, with Alba, Tello... Tello in particular had the best game in our shirt, and displayed some of the awareness that he lacked last year, to better exploit his pace. Thinking we should keep him instead of selling him as rumored.

An ex of mine dances tonight in the ceremony of the Gamper trophy. She's super-hot, so not sure I'll watch.

Is Messi still not going to get rested this season either? Obviously he's had great prep this summer compared to most but just thought he may get brought off more when in cruise control of matches to give him more rest.

Tello definitley looked very calm and collected on the ball compared to usual, got his head up really well at times which he ahs lacked. Was fanastic to see Villa back on the ptich again and then take his goal so well. Perfect end to a good day of football.

Unwritten law: Messi doesn't rest, unless it's the cup and we are playing some minnows.

But the fact he hasn't had any distractions this summer, makes me think he'll be alright. He's spent two years on the trot without a single injury though, not sure how long he will keep that up...

Unwritten law: Messi doesn't rest, unless it's the cup and we are playing some minnows.

But the fact he hasn't had any distractions this summer, makes me think he'll be alright. He's spent two years on the trot without a single injury though, not sure how long he will keep that up...

I kept hoping his number would come up just for a change under a new manager but once again looks like it's another burnout season for the lad. Good for the viewers to see him play but i honestly keep thinking all this will catch up with him.

Well, it's Messi himself who wants to play any football he's fit for. If Guardiola himself couldn't sub him off, less can Vilanova.

Yeah understand Messi is the one who wants to play every minute of every match, but so does every top player. Nobody wants to be brought off but sometimes it's for the best. I'm sure Ronaldo doesn't like sitting on the bench or seeing his number come up from Jose. However like you first said it's just an unwritten rule for Messi....which imo is wrong.

VI was it just me or did Barca look a lot more direct last night than in the last 2 years of Guardiola?

Still had the same possession ideals but they seemed to be passing more with a purpose than the latter years of Guardiola.

The ideals seemed very similar to how Barca played in Guardiola's first year actually.

Could have just been me, but that's what it seemed like.

Cristiano Ronaldo played more minutes last year than Messi actually, he gets rested even less. Both players are just so big than you just have to play them if they want it. And their rivalry surely fuels that desire.

Very very suprised at that stat, would have put my house on Ronaldo  :lol: