Alan Pardew

Dave

Guest neesy111

Even on a modest wage the 8 year contract will be expensive to rip up, sadly.

It'll have clauses in it, I have no doubt about that since this is Mike Ashley we're talking about.

Just waiting for the excuses now Cabaye is out.  Tried to use Cisse as an excuse against Swansea, no doubt he'll do the same with Cabaye.

He'll keep trying with two from Jonas/Bigi/Tiote/Anita in centre mid and we'll get raped.

He's being pushed to change the formation and system, yet he still won't alter a damn thing.

Just waiting for the excuses now Cabaye is out.  Tried to use Cisse as an excuse against Swansea, no doubt he'll do the same with Cabaye.

He'll keep trying with two from Jonas/Bigi/Tiote/Anita in centre mid and we'll get raped.

He's being pushed to change the formation and system, yet he still won't alter a damn thing.

You're wrong, mate. He played a 4-3-3 against Swansea. At least he said so himself.

crikey, we have an exceptional 5th place finish and people seemingly want him out after 2 very poor home performances (i'm not including west ham, that was more below what our par should be than very poor).

looks like i'll be spending less time on the footy bit till the hysteria either dies down or is justified.

edit, it also seems like one or two are reverting to type in looking for negatives in every story because of their personal distatste for the owner and manager.

Guest neesy111

crikey, we have an exceptional 5th place finish and people seemingly want him out after 2 very poor home performances (i'm not including west ham, that was more below what our par should be than very poor).

looks like i'll be spending less time on the footy bit till the hysteria either dies down or is justified.

edit, it also seems like one or two are reverting to type in looking for negatives in every story because of their personal distatste for the owner and manager.

It's just not 2 very home performances, it's a season of poor performances.

i disagree, a season of playing below par so far. however only the west brom game was one where we didn't get what we deserved. could argue we deserved more from the west ham despite not playing aswell as we should.

Guest neesy111

i disagree, a season of playing below par so far. however only the west brom game was one where we didn't get what we deserved. could argue we deserved more from the west ham despite not playing aswell as we should.

Below Par

:yao:

We've been turgid for most of the season.

What about Everton?

We've played horrible football, man. Also, against West Ham we deserved absolutely nowt. They were s***, but we somehow managed to be even worse.

we have played poor football, way below what we should be capable of but few of the games we've played i'd say we deserved  defeat (man utd, chelsea, WBA, Swansea). the others were similar to early last season where we don't play well, but looking back we create more chances than the opposition and looking that way if anyone had to win we were more likely.

We deserved fuck all from the West Ham game. Fuck all.

Guest neesy111

We deserved fuck all from the West Ham game. Fuck all.

:thup:

Just like at Reading as well.

We deserved f*** all from the West Ham game. f*** all.

thoguth that at the time, till i watched it again and realised how many chances we had. opposite of swansea last season where i though they absolutely dominated and we fluked the win till i watched it again and realised we had it perfect.

Tend to agree, even though I'm very concerned by our direction (or lack of it) at the moment.

The 5th place doesn't help us now, but it does prove that Pardew can do the business. It was the first top flight season a manager had started and finished for NUFC in years. :lol:

He deserves a bit of trust and to retain the benefit of the doubt at present.

Tend to agree, even though I'm very concerned by our direction (or lack of it) at the moment.

The 5th place doesn't help us now, but it does prove that Pardew can do the business. It was the first top flight season a manager had started and finished for NUFC in years. :lol:

it's not just the 5th place but the way in which we played for a bit of getting there, we know what we are capable of and i admit it's galling when we don't even try to replicate it.

People were wanking off over Pardew last year and now they're slaughtering him. Sure he deserves criticism for his flawes and needs to address things like the formation/attitude or whatever is going wrong this season. There's nothing wrong with having a go but some of the stuff bordering on "Pardew out" is ridiculous :lol:

He's staying, nobody else will work under this regime so you might as well stop thinking about wholesale changes.

People were wanking off over Pardew last year and now they're slaughtering him. Sure he deserves criticism for his flawes and needs to address things like the formation/attitude or whatever is going wrong this season. There's nothing wrong with having a go but some of the stuff bordering on "Pardew out" is ridiculous :lol:

He's staying, nobody else will work under this regime so you might as well stop thinking about wholesale changes.

Spot on, though I'd wager some foreign coaches/managers would fancy a go. The 5th place showed we have (or can get) the players, and the Premier League remains a massive pull.

It's not happening either way like.

Pardew expressing shock at DiMatteo's dismissal, and claiming it's unfair. He sounds a bit nervous.

Wonder why these managers continually expect to be given time, when it isn't the nature of the job anymore. So many of them aren't even worthy of the extended amount of time they all want. They'd only keep flopping anyway.

Nervous?

Probably more like excited what with him being on an eight year deal

*wink*

I think Pardew knows the fact he's on an 8yr contract is insignificant regarding a Chelsea-esque payout :lol: Pardew won't get a bigger club than this and Ashley won't fund the ambitions of other managers who'd fancy a shot at us.

Pardew does need to wise up and quick on aspects of the team but lets be honest if he'd been given the funds to address key areas in the summer he wouldn't be quite in the position he's in now in terms of poor team form. You put Debuchy, a new centre half a new attacker into the squad and that's a massive improvement. Sure he deserves criticism for the top 4 comments nonsense but he's obviously not going to come out and say "my squad is s***" is he. I'd hedge my bets he knows exactly where our limitations are but he's hamstrung to a certain extent by a bloke whose transfer kitty is what he finds down behind the sofa on a sunday night.

Pardew expressing shock at DiMatteo's dismissal, and claiming it's unfair. He sounds a bit nervous.

Wonder why these managers continually expect to be given time, when it isn't the nature of the job anymore. So many of them aren't even worthy of the extended amount of time they all want. They'd only keep flopping anyway.

Nervous?

Probably more like excited what with him being on an eight year deal

*wink*

:lol: an 8 year deal off Ashley is like rubbing a magic lamp and finding the genie is Jimmy Savile. All seems good at first but when it goes wrong you're fucked.

I don't want him out, nor do I expect him to be sacked.  He's here for the long haul IMO whether people like it or not.  I actually yearn a bit of stability and I like Pardew.

However.  When we seem to be going backwards, we have a horrendous playing style that's getting worse and a manager that appears to have gone into his footballing shell due to a few injuries and poor results.  He's ultra negative and defensive in his interviews and with his tactics. 

I understand the concerns from fans.  As I am pretty fucking worried myself I must say. 

Guest icemanblue

Cheers, Dave. It was going to be very difficult for me to say 'I agree with madras'.:lol:

:thup:

Cheers, Dave. It was going to be very difficult for me to say 'I agree with madras'.:lol:

You haven't been reading the forum especially thoroughly if that's your inference, madras.

Dave: No more so than his Manager of the Year award. If he'd demonstrated excellent managerial skills in guiding us to fifth place then I would agree with you, but that isn't my recollection of last season. That would suggest he had skills which are still relevant now (which underpinned the MotY award and 5th place finish) and which should be trusted/nurtured/developed going forward. That would buy him the 'benefit of the doubt' for a good while, but he didn't IMO.

I agree though that unless Ashley is willing to work with someone else (memelol), then it's a purely theoretical/fantastical discussion, but I guess that's what these forums are for (as well as discussion grounded in conceivable reality ;) )