Alan Pardew

Dave

Can't see us playing well again until everyone is fit/not suspended. So ben arfa, tiote, jonas, cabaye, ba etc all fit and in better form. But even then we need a dramatic re-think on our tactics and gameplan.

I worry we've gone past the point now of problems that can be solved with selection or tactical decisions on a given matchday. There is quite clearly something critically wrong with the way the players are being coached and I honestly don't know how we're going to put it right.

The question everyone needs to ask themselves is "can you see it getting any better?" Don't think about how to fix it or why we're doing as badly as we are, just simply "will it get better?"

I honestly think we're in quicksand this season and Pardew has history with losing the dressing room and the crowd. He just isn't learning from his mistakes, which is unforgivable in such an important job.

Think it's time to move ahead without him. Poor football for two years except for 10 or so games is just not acceptable and we've been made to look like fools awarding him an 8 year contract. With the players at his disposal he should not be playing a defensive long ball style of football. I also think formations are a huge part to why we're doing so poorly considering most teams have a 3 man midfield now, with us playing with two in the middle our cm's are always outnumbered so we're fighting a battle before games have even kicked off. Tactics wise he has been so poor this season it's shocking from a professional manager. Having one set piece plan that has never been successful and one dimensional that now opposition teams know if they can stop Williamson winning the ball in the air they can nullify our whole set piece routine thus killing all threat.

I would like Pardew to be able to prove he can turn it all around and get the team fighting back up the table but I know the results would come with the poor football. We've played a direct style for pretty much all of Pardew's tenure except for that small burst last season with the 4-3-3. The direct game did pay off sometimes last season with the win against Man Utd being a great example. In an ideal world we'd dismiss Pardew and replace him with a manager who plays passing attacking football because with the side we have our whole team would relish from it ( Williamson and Simpson aside). I have no faith what so ever in this board to 1) have the balls to realise that Pardew needs to go 2) find the correct man for our team to replace him as a compensation fee would be required as a manager of the quality required will no doubt have a team.

I wish he could make it work but there's probably no way back for him if we lose at Southampton.

He's already just about lost the fans and the dressing room will probably soon follow.

This is crazy, given that we're only in November of a season after finishing fifth.

I wish he could make it work but there's probably no way back for him if we lose at Southampton.

He's already just about lost the fans and the dressing room will probably soon follow.

This is crazy, given that we're only in November of a season after finishing fifth.

Your pessimism is fucking sickeningly true. I'm with you. And we just gave the bloke an 8 year deal.

He's going to turn this around. He has to. We need him to. And the players won't let him down. Surely?

Can see that the players aren't even trying hard enough/showing themselves willing to battle really hard for him, no matter how disjointed we look i still believe that they can/could work harder. Lost the players faith.

If i was a technical player i would get tired and frustrated as well tbh. Ashley is going to be forced to wield the axe sooner rather than too late if it continues like this for a few games. Ashley might be a lot, but in the end when he realizes that this whole thing is going only one way, he wont hestitate, he's not perfect, but neither is he stupid.

Pardew has dug his own hole, people would normally be prepared to give him much more time cause of all the injuries/suspensions that has been, IF we had played decently before all this. But we all know that the problem lies deeper than this, and now i just can't see him turn this trend around without all our key players atm. Hope im wrong.

Sorry if this post is/looks shit, im typing in my sleep.

Ashley is going to be forced to wield the axe sooner rather than too late if it continues like this for a few games. Ashley might be a lot, but in the end when he realizes that this whole thing is going only one way, he wont hestitate, he's not perfect, but neither is he stupid.

By whom? ??? Certainly not by the supporters, we've enough evidence over the past 5 years that all the hand-wringing, vocal dissension and misspelt bedsheets from the stands doesn't affect his decision making.

The only way he'll look at replacing Pards is if we start to seriously get threatened by relegation. As the mackems have proven so far, you can be utter shite in this league and still stay out of the drop zone.

Ashley is going to be forced to wield the axe sooner rather than too late if it continues like this for a few games. Ashley might be a lot, but in the end when he realizes that this whole thing is going only one way, he wont hestitate, he's not perfect, but neither is he stupid.

By whom? ??? Certainly not by the supporters, we've enough evidence over the past 5 years that all the hand-wringing, vocal dissension and misspelt bedsheets from the stands doesn't affect his decision making.

The only way he'll look at replacing Pards is if we start to seriously get threatened by relegation. As the mackems have proven so far, you can be utter s**** in this league and still stay out of the drop zone.

Because of the point you made and that the fans might add to this as well (maybe not now) Not that he gives a shit really, but would probably make his decision even easier. And im worried we'll be quite deep down the table after new year when looking at our fixtures ahead. The pressure from the fans will make it even harder for us to perform.

How badly has he cracked?  That post match interview was cringeworthy.  Looked like he was crumbling and was clearly fuming.  Excuse, deflect blame, excuse, lie, injuries, lie, excuse, injuries, get angry, did I mention injuries?  Clueless.

Played weakened sides all competition and we've done ok.  Then, when we're down to the bare bones, he plays virtually our strongest XI, with two key players getting injured in the process?

Outclassed at home by Maritimo.  We've not played well all season bar the first half against Bordeaux and 20 minutes against Liverpool.  We're a fucking shambles and the excuses don't wash with me.

The excuse for sitting back fucked me off.  Something about losing two attacking players, so we had to sit back a bit.  Sorry, what?  We're 1-0 up, against a vastly inferior team, we're at home and we still have Ba, Sammy and Marveaux on the pitch.  They need a goal, so let's just sit back and invite them onto us, leaving a 60 yard gap in middle of the pitch in the process.  What a bloody brilliant idea.....

This talk of him losing his job is frankly ridiculous. Not a month ago he was Pardiola, the fanny rat who could do no wrong and now his job's at risk? Behave you daft shites :lol:

We are on a poor run, there's no doubt about it. Pardew needs to shoulder some of the blame for allowing certain bad habits to fester while positively encouraging others, however he can rightly point to an absolutely ridiculous situation with injuries that has been ongoing for some time now keeping the spine of the team off the pitch and a lack of investment contributing to our form.

After what he did last season he deserves time to get it right, time to get his first XI on the pitch and playing regularly.

Jeesus H Cjhrist! I can't believe the kneejerk reactions on here!!

Ronaldo and company, I really don't think you can remember how Allardice set up his teams and played football...The epitomy of fcuking negativity :knuppel2:

Honestly, can't digest what the hell you lot are on about...

This forum has completely lost the plot  :huff:

I thought the team he put out last night was quite positive and he was forced into some more defensive changes by the injuries. That was pretty crap defending for their goal, he ran straight through us so easily. The youngsters and our lack of a squad was what outdid us last night. If you all want to rant at someone, have a friggin' go at Fashley ffs! He was the one who decided we didn't need to invest in a central defender, right back and a decent thrid choice striker....

Yes, we are playing poor football at the moment but the players aren't devoid of blame! It's them on the pitch and it's them who should be running their arses off trying to make space and to receive a pass, it's also them who's first friggin' touches are pinging off themselves and into the clutches of the opposition!!

For fcuks sake...get a grip! :rant:

The youngsters and our lack of a squad was what outdid us last night.

can't have that tbh, krul, colo, taylor, simpson, santon, anita, marveaux, cisse, hba/ba...basically having sammy and bigi in the squad 'outdid' us?

the team we had out should have been enough to be at least 2 up by half time, regardless of hba being on or not.#

can understand the lack of squad bit but can't blame the young'ns

can't have that tbh, krul, colo, taylor, simpson, santon, anita, marveaux, cisse, hba/ba...basically having sammy and bigi in the squad 'outdid' us?

the team we had out should have been enough to be at least 2 up by half time, regardless of hba being on or not.

Meant that more for the substitutions and the change of tactic in the second half...

Jeesus H Cjhrist! I can't believe the kneejerk reactions on here!!

Ronaldo and company, I really don't think you can remember how Allardice set up his teams and played football...The epitomy of fcuking negativity :knuppel2:

Honestly, can't digest what the hell you lot are on about...

This forum has completely lost the plot  :huff:

I thought the team he put out last night was quite positive and he was forced into some more defensive changes by the injuries. That was pretty crap defending for their goal, he ran straight through us so easily. The youngsters and our lack of a squad was what outdid us last night. If you all want to rant at someone, have a friggin' go at Fashley ffs! He was the one who decided we didn't need to invest in a central defender, right back and a decent thrid choice striker....

Yes, we are playing poor football at the moment but the players aren't devoid of blame! It's them on the pitch and it's them who should be running their arses off trying to make space and to receive a pass, it's also them who's first friggin' touches are pinging off themselves and into the clutches of the opposition!!

For fcuks sake...get a grip! :rant:

:clap:

An Allardyce team was here two weeks ago and they played far more positively than we did, as well as playing it on the deck when all we wanted to do was kick it into orbit.

Wullie,

I thought we were as good/bad as West Ham the other week, just we were outdone by a lucky poachers goal  by someone we know who always seems to be in right place at right time.

the team we had out should have been enough to be at least 2 up by half time, regardless of hba being on or not.

Meant that more for the substitutions and the change of tactic in the second half...

That's a real issue at the minute. We don't have a game changer on the bench which means when we try and change things we don't really change things.

Injury problems are a smokescreen. We don't have any more then anyone else and we've been this awful all season anyway.

What are these injury problems that are making Krul kick the ball back to the opposition every time he gets it? Is it injury that's making everyone stand still and watch whoever has the ball?

There's serious issues with the coaching and management of the team and it's blindingly obvious.