Alan Pardew

Dave

Guest neesy111

What an absolute hypocrite Pardew is.  Uses stats quite a bit in his management but then rubbishes them when they are used against him.

As Sam Allardyce ironically said, there's a difference between a long ball and a long pass.

http://cdn.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/multimedia/dynamic/00705/Steven_Gerrard__705782t.jpg

http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Tim+Krul+Chelsea+v+Newcastle+United+Premier+9QZps602iANl.jpg

Don't have issue with long balls if the are done in the right way, ie with players latching on to them. Ours are more hit it as long and high as possible, challenge for header(if it's gone anywhere near a player), lose the ball, repeat.

Guest icemanblue

To be fair, the next sentence gives it a little more context:

“Other times, we’ve played and overplayed in games, and haven’t gone long enough.

“Other times, we’ve gone long from free-kicks and deliveries from deep when we should play smaller.”

I think he's saying we've taken the wrong option at times, playing short when a long ball was on and playing long when a short ball and keeping possession would have been a better choice.

Worth quoting again for those that missed, sorry - ignored it.

“Other times, we’ve played and overplayed in games, and haven’t gone long enough.

“Other times, we’ve gone long from free-kicks and deliveries from deep when we should play smaller.”

I think he's saying we've taken the wrong option at times, playing short when a long ball was on and playing long when a short ball and keeping possession would have been a better choice.

We get it by the way, Inochi :lol:

So, using our eyes we all universally complain about our style.  Lack of control, long passes, no cutting edge in the final third and shit set pieces.

I agree stats can be misleading, as football is (or at least should) be an unpredictable, fluid game.  But all of the stats back up what we've been saying FFS. 

At what point are the following stats misleading:

Playing more long balls than West Ham or Stoke.

Nearly the most possession in our own half, (2nd or 3rd I think).

No goals from set pieces.

Way down the list on chance creation.

Way down the list on completed passes.

Honestly Alan, you're losing fans on a daily basis with shite like this :lol:

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/football/newcastle-united/newcastle-are-not-a-long-ball-team-insists-pardew-1-5173688

Pardew doesn’t buy into the statistics about long balls, and he even believes his team hasn’t always been direct enough in its attacking moves.

“It’s misleading,” Pardew told the Gazette. “You can use as many stats as you like to criticise a team – you could use stats to criticise Manchester United if you wanted to.

“The bottom line for us is to win. We need to find a way to win. I think we’ve played and overplayed in games. We haven’t gone long enough."

:suicide:

There's three phases to this. First denial: We're not quite firing I don't know why etc.. (and he's moving out of that phase now with hints of anger). 2nd Misdirected anger and blame at anybody but himself..(we're just coming into this phase now)..3rd Acceptance - This is still a couple of defeats away. Till he hits phase three nothing will change. :whistle:

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/football/newcastle-united/newcastle-are-not-a-long-ball-team-insists-pardew-1-5173688

Pardew doesn’t buy into the statistics about long balls, and he even believes his team hasn’t always been direct enough in its attacking moves.

“It’s misleading,” Pardew told the Gazette. “You can use as many stats as you like to criticise a team – you could use stats to criticise Manchester United if you wanted to.

“The bottom line for us is to win. We need to find a way to win. I think we’ve played and overplayed in games. We haven’t gone long enough."

:suicide:

Sack him

Most people ignore that because he'll ignore it. As with most things he says it'll be like he never thought about it come kick off.

Guest icemanblue

Most people ignore that because he'll ignore it. As with most things he says it'll be like he never thought about it come kick off.

:anguish: He can't win. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Guest bimpy474

That story where he says "we haven't gone long enough at times", i read it earlier and if you read the whole thing it isn't as bad as it sounds tbf to him.

He talks as if we haven't been playing long ball stuff, thats a major worry for me, what he is seeing isn't what everyone is seeing us play. Just to say my reason for being so annoyed by him at the moment are that i detest long ball with all my worth. Its not football, not how i like to see it played or how i liked to play.

That story where he says "we haven't gone long enough at times", i read it earlier and if you read the whole thing it isn't as bad as it sounds tbf to him.

He talks as if we haven't been playing long ball stuff, thats a major worry for me, what he is seeing isn't what everyone is seeing us play. Just to say my reason for being so annoyed by him at the moment are that i detest long ball with all my worth. Its not football, not how i like to see it played or how i liked to play.

Exactly how i feel!