Alan Pardew

Dave

Anyway I don't want Pardew out. A good January could still go a long way towards turning this season into a respectable one because the league is so tight. I can't/don't want to believe that he is completely incapable of learning from his mistakes, and as long as we don't come perilously close to going down this year then he'll deserve next season to prove 11/12 wasn't a complete fluke.

But frankly I don't trust the cunts in charge to get anyone better anyway. Pardew's their man; the one they totally fucked over a favourite for against all good advice, the one they would supposedly back 100% in the transfer market as their number one choice. The one they get on with and who willingly arselicks them in public every other week, the one they've given an unprecedented contract to. They've made their bed and they'll lie in it. Look at their other managerial appointments - Keegan (stupid), Kinnear (laughable), Shearer (desperate), Hughton (enforced). I don't think they'd have a clue where to start to get an upgrade.

As I said, I just hope he finds something sooner rather than later. However he finds it.

:thup:

The only reason I don't want rid of him is because of the second paragraph there.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4711953/Alan-Pardews-rift-with-Fabricio-Coloccini.html

...there was much more to his on-pitch embrace with Fabricio Coloccini than first met the eye.

It looked as though the manager was just congratulating his captain for his part in securing a precious three points — only Newcastle’s second league win in nine.

And Coloccini certainly deserved a pat on the back as he looked back to his brilliant best against the R’s.

But Pards later revealed how he had had a fall-out with the Argentine centre-half in the build-up to Saturday’s St James’ Park clash.

:mysterysolved: :lol:

Here we go again.

http://i.imgur.com/AYs1q.png

'no matter what he does, he'll always get stick'

Yet currently over half say they're losing, or never had any faith in him...go figure.

They're losing faith in him because we're playing s**** with results to match.

Rocket science.

Exactly right - and you have to add to that those who reserved judgement on him because of his past record at other clubs.

He tailed off with them and the same thing seems to be happening with us - their supporters would probably have given similar poll ratings after the same time periods with their clubs.

http://i.imgur.com/AYs1q.png

'no matter what he does, he'll always get stick'

Yet currently over half say they're losing, or never had any faith in him...go figure.

They're losing faith in him because we're playing s**** with results to match.

Rocket science.

Exactly right - and you have to add to that those who reserved judgement on him because of his past record at other clubs.

He tailed off with them and the same thing seems to be happening with us - their supporters would probably have given similar poll ratings after the same time periods with their clubs.

In believe the worrying thing is not just the fans for Pardew, it's also the players that have lost faith in him.  Shit I mean If the fans from that far out can see the ineptitude of his management and the mistakes he's making then imagine how clear it is for the players who has to work with him everyday at first hand.

Disturbing.

I see myself as being far from negative on here but listening to Pardew after the QPR match saying "we've been really good the last 4 or 5 games" made me really shake my head with concern. Alright there's been atleast a bit more effort but the general play has still been bollocks as a whole.

The performances from those 3 defeats should be our "average". We weren't "really good", but if, for example, from those performances we'd beaten 1-0 Stoke and drawn 1-1 at Fulham, you couldn't have said we didn't deserve those results. Even City at home, had we pulled back to 2-2 it wouldn't have been undeserved.

The West Ham, Swansea & Southampton results & performances are the ones which fucked our season over in truth. We were abysmal.

The performances from those 3 defeats should be our "average". We weren't "really good", but if, for example, from those performances we'd beaten 1-0 Stoke and drawn 1-1 at Fulham, you couldn't have said we didn't deserve those results. Even City at home, had we pulled back to 2-2 it wouldn't have been undeserved.

fair point

Guest neesy111

AP does like to be the centre of attention... or it has something to do with SuperMac's speculation.

Both have got big ego's.

Can we not bring in some new coaching staff? An injection of different ideas could go a long way.

How many actual proper coaches do we have anyway? 3/4? How many have the UefaB? :lol:

Most sides have at least 8-10.

Arsenal have 19.  :kasper:

There's nothing unusual about a manager and players having fall outs. It'll happen every week up and down the country, and is all part of the boss to employee dynamic that occurs in all walks of life, especially when things aren't going well. Nothing to worry about particularly there.

What is peculiar is why it needed to be mentioned in public.

I manage people and have done for years and I'm yet to fall out with anybody and I don't get walked over by people, I manage them.  Falling out with people isn't a part of being a boss, avoiding fall outs is.  I've seen managers who do fall out with people regularly and they are usually pushed out of the business because of the disruption they cause.

There's nothing unusual about a manager and players having fall outs. It'll happen every week up and down the country, and is all part of the boss to employee dynamic that occurs in all walks of life, especially when things aren't going well. Nothing to worry about particularly there.

Cos it's nearly January, innit.

Cos it's nearly January, innit.

Good work Columbo.

Just had a look at the teams above us in the league for the first time in a while and I really thought we were a lot further behind the likes of Liverpool, Swansea & West Ham than we actually are.

We're two easy home games behind them, that takes us up to 23rd February if none of them get another point.