Alan Pardew

Dave

If we played how we did against Stoke, Man Utd , Arsenal and Everton with better players than Willo, Simpson and Perch do you not think we would have got points ? I do. You could put them in a Barca side and it would all turn to s*** with any manager in charge. If you want to blame someone blame MA for allowing us to go another season with them as first choice players. Added to what I have already listed as possible reasons for our poor points return and there you have your reason.

Remember when Willi thought he was Ben arfa for a few games and tried to play it out of defence ? The whole stadium collective s*** themselves and held there breath. Theres your reason for us now hoofing it. How many times have we said Simpson can`t cross or tackle ? Perch is too short to be CB cover. Sammy is going backwards. Every thread lately goes in to detail on how s*** most of our un-injured players are, yet its all Pardews fault we are loosing.

Do you seriously think our players want to just hoof the ball?  And, if they do, why does the manager not stop them from just hoofing it?

I think that was kind of the point he was making - the manager can say "look Danny and Mike, I want us to play incisive passing football so when you get the ball can you please pass it first time in a precise manner to a nearby player wearing the same colour shirt" If Danny and Mike prove incapable of doing this, what is your next choice?

I think that was kind of the point he was making - the manager can say "look Danny and Mike, I want us to play incisive passing football so when you get the ball can you please pass it first time in a precise manner to a nearby player wearing the same colour shirt" If Danny and Mike prove incapable of doing this, what is your next choice?

If a player doesn't do what he's told you don't play them and if it wasn't down to the manager, why did Ben Arfa, Ba and Cabaye who regularly attend training think it was down to the manager?

If we played how we did against Stoke, Man Utd , Arsenal and Everton with better players than Willo, Simpson and Perch do you not think we would have got points ? I do. You could put them in a Barca side and it would all turn to s*** with any manager in charge. If you want to blame someone blame MA for allowing us to go another season with them as first choice players. Added to what I have already listed as possible reasons for our poor points return and there you have your reason.

Remember when Willi thought he was Ben arfa for a few games and tried to play it out of defence ? The whole stadium collective s*** themselves and held there breath. Theres your reason for us now hoofing it. How many times have we said Simpson can`t cross or tackle ? Perch is too short to be CB cover. Sammy is going backwards. Every thread lately goes in to detail on how s*** most of our un-injured players are, yet its all Pardews fault we are loosing.

Do you seriously think our players want to just hoof the ball?  And, if they do, why does the manager not stop them from just hoofing it?

Thanks, thats what i`m trying to get at. I also mention Tiote having trouble with this and Jonas this year too. Even Bigi who we have had to rely on so much has been guilty of trying but miss placing 3-4 passes a match.

I certainly don't feel Pardew is blameless, far from it. Everyone could see Shola was utter gash yesterday except seemingly him, but I think getting rid of him would be a recipe for disaster. Especially some of the names being banded about like Di Matteo and Poyet. I do think both managers have potential and prefer overall a better style of football (Di Matteo's Barca exploits excepted), but they've been allowed to do things their way, especially in Poyet's case who has dramatically overhauled his squad.

Di Matteo failed at West Brom and got an incredibly strong Chelsea team into a poor run which cost him his job as it was made clear he was never first choice. Every manager seemingly has his ups and downs (except Souness, all down). We had the ups last year from Pardew in regards to clean sheets and final position, now we're clearly on the down. At least give Pardew this window and the preceeding few months to get it right. Getting rid now would most certainly make us that 'laughing stock' some of our fans fear we already are.

If a player doesn't do what he's told you don't play them and if it wasn't down to the manager, why did Ben Arfa, Ba and Cabaye who regularly attend training think it was down to the manager?

I agree, you don't play them. So, who plays instead?

Didn't know about the Ba, HBA and Cabaye thing - where's that from?

At least give Pardew this window and the preceeding few months to get it right. Getting rid now would most certainly make us that 'laughing stock' some of our fans fear we already are.

there is nothing whatsoever been shown to suggest he has the ability to turn this slide around though, he's mis-managed good players the whole season so the idea is to let him have some more good players is it?

Who do you play there instead ? Is it Pardews fault we have no one to play instead of Williamson, we have tried Perch, Raylor, Tavernier and Simpson there, none of them have made any improvement.  Your reply would be valid if Pardew persisted with these players whilst keeping Debuchy and Taylor on the bench and lets be honest Taylor is still not the answer.

Guest bimpy474

I certainly don't feel Pardew is blameless, far from it. Everyone could see Shola was utter gash yesterday except seemingly him, but I think getting rid of him would be a recipe for disaster. Especially some of the names being banded about like Di Matteo and Poyet. I do think both managers have potential and prefer overall a better style of football (Di Matteo's Barca exploits excepted), but they've been allowed to do things their way, especially in Poyet's case who ha dramatically overhauled his squad.

Di Matteo failed at West Brom and got an incredibly strong Chelsea team into a poor run which cost him his job. Every manager seemingly has his ups and downs (except Souness, all down). We had the ups last year from Pardew in regards to clean sheets and final position, now we're clearly on the down. At least give Pardew this window and the preceeding few months to get it right. Getting rid now would most certainly make us that 'laughing stock' some of our fans fear we already are.

All of what you say is fair enough, but if we were playing decent football and getting beat, i'm willing to accept the ups and downs.

We are playing as worse as i can remember, with a manager who is a defeatist as you can get. It's not just about the results, its the woeful chances we barely make, the ridiculous set penises, which he deserves the sack for, in coming up with absolutely nothing in 2 years of being manager, complete joke of a manager where they are concerned.

His tactics and formations with the players he has beggar belief. He isn't good enough and never will be. I hope i'm proven wrong as the club will be doing well and thats all that matters to me,

Who do you play there instead ? Is it Pardews fault we have no one to play instead of Williamson, we have tried Perch, Raylor, Tavernier and Simpson there, none of them have made any improvement.  Your reply would be valid if Pardew persisted with these players whilst keeping Debuchy and Taylor on the bench and lets be honest Taylor is still not the answer.

Do you have any idea how Poyet managed to get Brighton playing passing football despite having footballers who are Championship standard?

At least give Pardew this window and the preceeding few months to get it right. Getting rid now would most certainly make us that 'laughing stock' some of our fans fear we already are.

there is nothing whatsoever been shown to suggest he has the ability to turn this slide around though, he's mis-managed good players the whole season so the idea is to let him have some more good players is it?

I think he has turned it around from Stoke onwards, the results just havn`t reflected it due to all sorts of different reasons, most of them being individual errors, but then his hands have been tied as he can`t drop anyone if it means replacing them with someone just as bad.

I think he has turned it around from Stoke onwards, the results just havn`t reflected it due to all sorts of different reasons, most of them being individual errors, but then his hands have been tied as he can`t drop anyone if it means replacing them with someone just as bad.

The results have been poor because our defending has been shocking (aswell as other things). In my opinion that's down to Pardew first and foremost.

I certainly don't feel Pardew is blameless, far from it. Everyone could see Shola was utter gash yesterday except seemingly him, but I think getting rid of him would be a recipe for disaster. Especially some of the names being banded about like Di Matteo and Poyet. I do think both managers have potential and prefer overall a better style of football (Di Matteo's Barca exploits excepted), but they've been allowed to do things their way, especially in Poyet's case who ha dramatically overhauled his squad.

Di Matteo failed at West Brom and got an incredibly strong Chelsea team into a poor run which cost him his job. Every manager seemingly has his ups and downs (except Souness, all down). We had the ups last year from Pardew in regards to clean sheets and final position, now we're clearly on the down. At least give Pardew this window and the preceeding few months to get it right. Getting rid now would most certainly make us that 'laughing stock' some of our fans fear we already are.

All of what you say is fair enough, but if we were playing decent football and getting beat, i'm willing to accept the ups and downs.

We are playing as worse as i can remember, with a manager who is a defeatist as you can get. It's not just about the results, its the woeful chances we barely make, the ridiculous set penises, which he deserves the sack for, in coming up with absolutely nothing in 2 years of being manager, complete joke of a manager where they are concerned.

His tactics and formations with the players he has beggar belief. He isn't good enough and never will be. I hope i'm proven wrong as the club will be doing well and thats all that matters to me,

The stats prove different. Against Arsenal we made 11 shots with a higher accruacy than Arsenal. Against Man Utd both teams had 15 shots, our accruacy was higher again. Against Qpr we had 21 shots against there 4. Against Man city 17 shots each. I could go on. It suggests to me we have the worst defence on the day.

Guest bimpy474

The stats prove different. Against Arsenal we made 11 shots with a higher accruacy than Arsenal. Against Man Utd both teams had 15 shots, our accruacy was higher again. Against Qpr we had 21 shots against there 4. Against Man city 17 shots each. I could go on. It suggests to me we have the worst defence on the day.

Stats mean feck all, most of those shots were from outside the box and straight at the GK or just plain poor efforts. The Man Utd and Arsenal games did show an improvement going forward but the defence well....

I go with my eyes and i'm watching a team that has no pattern of play, a lack of movement that's laughable, set peices that are embarrassing and as an opposition are easy to deal with. Every time we have a free kick anywhere near the halfway line i just die a little watching our GK come forward to hoof it 50 yards, see set peices for why i die a little.

I hate long ball and if you are going to use stats, then these are great aren't they, we are the team that has used the most long balls and the least short passes. Crap football isn't what i like to see.

Guest bimpy474

Brighton played better football despite having Championship players.

Keep ignoring it.

100% spot on  O0 ......head buried in sand will not work.

When the injured players come back into the side I'm sure results will be better. If they're not, I'm sure it will be because they're rusty.

The point is that yesterday isn't representative of every game this season, far from it. Most of the time there have been two or three of his first choice eleven out, and that's not extraordinary at all.

The players he has to pick from is a significant problem, but not the whole story by any means. If it was, that in itself would be a hugely damning indictment on Pardew's ability. It's effectively saying that he can't cope with the kind of injury and suspension problems that every other manager barring three or four has to.

Oh, and the kind of struggles in the transfer market that the rest of those managers have as well. After all, in the summer it was asserted that missing out on players like that was 'normal'.

Guest bimpy474

He's useless and the football shows why, injuries or not, there is no reason to launch the ball every single time from 50 yards out. A tactic that has never worked once in 18 months.

It's just laughable. And is spoiling my life, i hope he's happy the sexy silver haired mature bastard.

Guest NobbyOhNobby

Do you have any idea how Poyet managed to get Brighton playing passing football despite having footballers who are Championship standard?

They're a highly inconsistent championship side, and have been for the duration of Poyet's tenure - I think you're barking up the wrong tree with him.

I agree we need a manager with the attributes you've quoted, but you've based your opinion on two games against us as opposed to his managerial record in full.

I have to agree with Mick's earlier post, think that really hit the nail on the head re our predicament. I'm quickly reaching breaking point, and have completely lost any enthusiasm for this season. The QPR game was one of the worst matches I've ever been to, and that's been followed by one of the most embarrassing performances I've ever witnessed yesterday. Also, the inevitably of the Everton loss was so galling its untrue - I really don't think Pardew has an idea what he's doing.

Look at the majority of managers of teams in the bottom half. Most of them have players who wouldn't get into our teams, yet they are able to perform in the premier league due to an understanding of the system and philosophy that their manager is employing. They seem to have a style fundamentally understood, and players know what they are doing. The majority of footballers are simple beasts and are able to play to their maximum if they understand what is being asked of them. Look at Wigan, most of their players are individually poor and wouldn't get anywhere near our team. However, they all seem to understand what they're doing and play some terrific football at times. Imagine what somebody like Martinez could do with our team? Similarly look at West Ham, Norwich and Fulham - they just look better organised than we do and appear to have a system that all of the players understand. Our lot look like they've never met each other before and that's the fault of the coaching staff. The injury excuse is bollocks for me, because they've looked like that for the duration of pardew's stewardship with the exception of 6/7 games from the end of last season.

Ideally I'd want to replace him, but I share everyone's concerns about the club's ability to replace him with anyone other than some cunt like Kinnear

1 forward against Brighton. Fearful tactics no matter what you think of the importance of the game and competition. He's done this in consectutive seasons now during the highs as well as the doldrums; its indicative of the negative way he plays. I'm fucking sick of it. Always an excuse. He may be using young players to force the higher powers' hands and to an extent have his hands tied with but given the decisions he has made recently I'm reluctant to credit him with such albeit it desperate, forward thinking. People can quote shots and attempts stats to extent but its clear from the languid and insipid displays that the way we set out stinks. I knew we would lose yesterday and it wasn't wholly down to lack of options. Long term, this clown needs the boot. Short term we're stuck in catch 22 because of the toxic mix we have with our beloved owners.

I refuse to believe that a professional footballer cannot pass a ball 10-20 yards. They may look poor relative to the players around them, or at Premier League level, but they've become professional by being, in general, good players.

They're a highly inconsistent championship side, and have been for the duration of Poyet's tenure - I think you're barking up the wrong tree with him.

I agree we need a manager with the attributes you've quoted, but you've based your opinion on two games against us as opposed to his managerial record in full.

I have to agree with Mick's earlier post, think that really hit the nail on the head re our predicament. I'm quickly reaching breaking point, and have completely lost any enthusiasm for this season. The QPR game was one of the worst matches I've ever been to, and that's been followed by one of the most embarrassing performances I've ever witnessed yesterday. Also, the inevitably of the Everton loss was so galling its untrue - I really don't think Pardew has an idea what he's doing.

Look at the majority of managers of teams in the bottom half. Most of them have players who wouldn't get into our teams, yet they are able to perform in the premier league due to an understanding of the system and philosophy that their manager is employing. They seem to have a style fundamentally understood, and players know what they are doing. The majority of footballers are simple beasts and are able to play to their maximum if they understand what is being asked of them. Look at Wigan, most of their players are individually poor and wouldn't get anywhere near our team. However, they all seem to understand what they're doing and play some terrific football at times. Imagine what somebody like Martinez could do with our team? Similarly look at West Ham, Norwich and Fulham - they just look better organised than we do and appear to have a system that all of the players understand. Our lot look like they've never met each other before and that's the fault of the coaching staff. The injury excuse is bollocks for me, because they've looked like that for the duration of pardew's stewardship with the exception of 6/7 games from the end of last season.

Ideally I'd want to replace him, but I share everyone's concerns about the club's ability to replace him with anyone other than some cunt like Kinnear

I might well be barking up the wrong tree with Poyet, I don't watch them regularly, I'm just basing it on the two games I've watched against us where they've shown quite a few of the attributes I think are missing in our side. One thing I will say is that it's impossible to play good football without good movement off the ball and they had that in plenty which made their players look much better than their worth and made passing much easier as a result.

We need a manager who will bring these qualities into the side. It doesn't have to be Poyet, by all means give us some other alternatives.

He's useless and the football shows why, injuries or not, there is no reason to launch the ball every single time from 50 yards out. A tactic that has never worked once in 18 months.

It's just laughable. And is spoiling my life, i hope he's happy the sexy silver haired mature bastard.

So what is mrs. bimpy's take on the situation?