Alan Pardew

Dave

Big reason why i'm not worried about HBA leaving in the summer. Been here 3 years, less than 30 starts.

Is he going to blame us for injuries?

What?

I clearly cannot read the word 'not', apologies :lol:

Cajun - I had written a similar post you had this morning and deleted it as I didn't want to fuel a debate that would just p*ss me off.

Simply put, we had too many key players out injured for far too long in both defense and attack.  Our squad depth has been been awful for ages and we've always struggled in seasons when our team has been hit by injuries b/c we've really never had the squad depth that any of our rivals have had.  Our best years seem to only come when our top players are fit for most of the season.

Look at the stat appearances from last season and you'll see Krul, Colo, Cabaye, and Ba/Cisse all practically played the entire season (30+ starts) and all were in terrific form for the most part. I included Cisse as the he picked up where Ba left off in terms of goals. Ben Arfa started 16 and was subbed 10 times. This season through 28 PL matches, we've not had Krul 6 times, Colo 9, Cabaye 12, and Ben Arfa 15.  Other clubs seem to cope b/c they have decent enough depth to fill those voids. We don't, and we've not any resemblance of depth in quite some time.  We were very fortunate that last season we grinded out results with Willo, Perch, Raylor, Guthrie, Best, and to an extent Obertan.

I forgot that Ryan Taylor plays for us :-) yes I know he is not a super star but his free kicks and the odd winner have been a miss.

Pardew is not the best out there but he fits with the current regime at the top and I don't think we can attract any well known decent manager at this stage and i personally rather we go for a young continental manager similar to Laudrup.

Не могу дождаться, чтобы увидеть то же самое повторяли аргументы из всех, независимо от результата в четверг.

Honest question. Who do we think has the most influence over the result of the match. Would be interesting to guage as a percentage, eg:

Manager: 20%

Players: 70%

Crowd: 10%

This blows my fucking mind, bloke at work pipes up with it all the time. 20% for the manager? I :lol:

Someone else said it I think, even if this was true you can judge a manager by what he does to change things when they're not working. I shouldn't have to explain that any further.

Pardew is not a good manager, he's not a terrible one, but he's certainly not good enough for us.

Someone should tell Fergie he can have 20% credit for the last 25+ years ffs.

Honest question. Who do we think has the most influence over the result of the match. Would be interesting to guage as a percentage, eg:

Manager: 20%

Players: 70%

Crowd: 10%

This blows my f***ing mind, bloke at work pipes up with it all the time. 20% for the manager? I :lol:

Someone else said it I think, even if this was true you can judge a manager by what he does to change things when they're not working. I shouldn't have to explain that any further.

Pardew is not a good manager, he's not a terrible one, but he's certainly not good enough for us.

Someone should tell Fergie he can have 20% credit for the last 25+ years ffs.

Agreed - think back - if you are old enough, or were interested in the club at the time - to when we fired Ardiles in Feb 1992 and appointed KK ... there was an immediate difference in the way the team approached games, far less fear and obviously more motivation. We still struggled to avoid the drop but had Ardiles remained, we would have gone down - no question about it.

Then, with a bit of surgery, but not as much as the current squad have had over the past year, we walked promotion the following season.

Was THIS 20% down to KK..? I don't think so, and neither would anyone with half a brain.

A manager makes a HUGE difference to the way a team plays and therefore, to the results.

With the SAF and KK examples you're talking about all aspects of the club and what a manager impacts. It's obviously much higher looking at it with that scope. Pardew a little less because it's unclear what his involvement is with transfers.

When you break it down to a single game, I still think it's higher than 20% but I think the players have a greater influence on the result.

Obviously great managers will influence a game far more than their usual share, same for great players.

That is a great way of putting it. :thup:

That makes no sense at all. As been said in this post coaches/managers has a huge impact in a team in many ways. mrmojorisin75 said it perfect.

Guest Roger Kint

Obviously great managers will influence a game far more than their usual share, same for great players.

Going by this thread Pardew influences 90% of shit results(Willo/Shola/Simpson 10%) and the players influence 100% of good results :lol:

Going by this thread Pardew influences 90% of s*** results(Willo/Shola/Simpson 10%) and the players influence 100% of good results :lol:

About right tbh.

That is a great way of putting it. :thup:

That makes no sense at all. As been said in this post coaches/managers has a huge impact in a team in many ways. mrmojorisin75 said it perfect.

it's just stating the obvious, like saying great managers will win more games than average ones

pardew, as i see it, is responsible for the following (but not limited to this list):

all training, prep and tactics

team selection

formation and tactics come match days

decisions he can influence during a game by tactical switches, subs etc.

player motivation

as i said, not limited to, but these are key things he can influence for me and i'd personally credit him with total success in only one area - man management - which he's been pretty excellent at throughout, the rest of it is massively hit and miss, with the emphasis on miss

we'll likely never know the truth about how much say he has in player recruitment but what we know renders that irrelevant really, he's been handed diamonds either way not lumps of coal, he needs to make it work next season...in fact he could really do with making it work fast towards the end of this season or it's ultimately been a bit of a disaster

Interesting point - Ashley has just cashed in 100m worth of shares in SD..there is speculation as to what he will do with it and it seems to be a toss-up between buying a stake in House of Fraser, or spending it on the team.

How many feel he would still be happy to keep Pardew at the helm if this does happen..?

How many on here would be happy with 100m worth of players arriving to be coached by the current manager..?

Interesting point - Ashley has just cashed in 100m worth of shares in SD..there is speculation as to what he will do with it and it seems to be a toss-up between buying a stake in House of Fraser, or spending it on the team.

How many feel he would still be happy to keep Pardew at the helm if this does happen..?

How many on here would be happy with 100m worth of players arriving to be coached by the current manager..?

NUFC became just another business to him once the fun stopped. The setup is now in place to keep it ticking over, build it to a point of self sustainability, or even a little better.

Do you think the welts are healed enough for him to enjoy throwing more (in all likelihood irrecoverable) money at it again?

Guest hobshobs

Never mind 100m more. I can see a lot of the current crop wanting to leave if they continue to be stifled by the moron we have in charge at the moment. Pardew out in the summer hopefully.

NUFC became just another business to him once the fun stopped. The setup is now in place to keep it ticking over, build it to a point of self sustainability, or even a little better.

Do you think the welts are healed enough for him to enjoy throwing more (in all likelihood irrecoverable) money at it again?

It wasn't my speculation - came from the Business pages of the Express.

I have no idea what Ashley has planned and neither do they in reality - I posed the question simply because it IS a possible option.

I gather you are convinced it won't happen ; Ashley wouldn't want to let it be known even if he DID have that in mind and rightly so....

You didn't answer the rhetorical questions, though....