Alan Pardew

Dave

Guest Slippery Sam

It will be interesting to see us play Wigan.  They wont be parking the bus in any way shape or form, so taking them on at pass and move football will be good to see.

It will be interesting to see us play Wigan.  They wont be parking the bus in any way shape or form, so taking them on at pass and move football will be good to see.

It'll be a draw, we're due one ;)

We have started to control games a lot more recently, keeping possession much better and cutting down so many long balls, although there were quite a few yesterday they were much better kicks from Elliott than Krul.

I still wish we could go 1-0 up and go on to score a few more, at the moment it seems we concede first in every game and have to fight back from that. We need to be more ruthless up front and work harder to stretch teams but since January it has been encouraging compared to the shit that was served up prior to that. Pardew has improved with his tactics etc (Still not enough), I just hope he can start to develop the way we play for rest of season and push on next year

We have started to control games a lot more recently, keeping possession much better and cutting down so many long balls, although there were quite a few yesterday they were much better kicks from Elliott than Krul.

I still wish we could go 1-0 up and go on to score a few more, at the moment it seems we concede first in every game and have to fight back from that. We need to be more ruthless up front and work harder to stretch teams but since January it has been encouraging compared to the s*** that was served up prior to that. Pardew has improved with his tactics etc (Still not enough), I just hope he can start to develop the way we play for rest of season and push on next year

Whilst stressfull/annoying (to the watchers) I reckon the belief that gives to players is likely signficant. Every cloud and all that.

It is never easy to break down a team defending like that, especially when our main striker is not physically gifted. Pardew could do better, for sure, nut I won't say its a huge mistake not able to break them down. 

I still wish we could go 1-0 up and go on to score a few more, at the moment it seems we concede first in every game and have to fight back from that. We need to be more ruthless up front and work harder to stretch teams but since January it has been encouraging compared to the s*** that was served up prior to that. Pardew has improved with his tactics etc (Still not enough), I just hope he can start to develop the way we play for rest of season and push on next year

Whilst stressfull/annoying (to the watchers) I reckon the belief that gives to players is likely signficant. Every cloud and all that.

I think you're right. We've went from being unable to turn around a deficit to coming from behind three home league games in a row. The mindset has clearly changed.

It is never easy to break down a team defending like that, especially when our main striker is not physically gifted. Pardew could do better, for sure, nut I won't say its a huge mistake not able to break them down. 

That's basically how I saw it. We did try too many of the wrong things though, like crossing absolutely loads of balls into the box from wide/deep.

It's not exactly a crime to win a football match because your good players did something good.

I agree we looked disjointed in attack at times though.

And my second point is that it happens to often to just be a bad day :)

It's not exactly a crime to win a football match because your good players did something good.

I agree we looked disjointed in attack at times though.

Wouldn't say disjointed. The decision making sometimes was poor from the likes of Sissoko and Gouffran.

Happens at every team at times. Look at Real Madrid, they sometimes can't do anything and need Ronaldo to produce the magic to get the goal.

With the squad we have now we should imposing our game on the opposition. With Pardew it will always be safety first, stop them playing, and then see what we can do.

He's out of his depth but, I'm afraid, we're lumbered with him for the forseeable future.

But if I could give him one piece of advice, it's to STOP LUMPING IT!

I genuinely can't see how we've been 'clueless as an attacking force', since the end of January.

A bit of improvement since the new lads came in? I'd say there has been yeah, they've added a bit more quality. Southampton really attacked us which is why it was a high scoring game. I'm just not seeing us looking like a team with an attacking plan.

We didn't really set up to stop Stoke playing, they set up to stop us.

I'd be amazed if anyone disagreed with this, like. We were very positive yesterday apart from the ludicrous inclusion of certain players.

I agree, it wasn't that bad in isolation, we got 3 points. Our play this season has been that bad though, that's why we're 13th and needed loads of new players to get a few wins.

How many of you didn't see this coming (struggling this season) when no investment in senior players were made last summer despite the qualification to EL. We've seen it with many teams with smallish squads after playing in Europe for the first time.

Stability is very important and I think once we continue the upturn in form till summer we would hopefully go into next season with renewed confidence and if the owner does the right thing buy spending on a very good forward and a centre back then we should be good.

Guest Dontooner

What are we trying? We look so disjointed Can't understand his game plan, He is not playing his hoofing game plan although we will probably see shola on if we go behind. What are we attempting ?? Freaking confused.