Alan Pardew

Dave

f***ing horrible comments in here. We would have won had we not been screwed over by the ref and had some f***ing luck with injuries.

So we would have won if we were playing against 10 men.  :lol:

Nobody really wants to say it and potentially jinx it, but if we go out of Europe the context of this season changes totally. 8 games to go and not safe, the man is just not good enough. No hyperbole required, I just can't see how anyone is still arguing that he's good enough anymore.

f***ing horrible comments in here. We would have won had we not been screwed over by the ref and had some f***ing luck with injuries.

Yup. We lost because of the referee and his assistants - plain and simply.

No we didn't.

[TimeFor]NigelAdkins[/becauseWeShould]

After a rough initiation (where S'hampton were playing positive & technical football - oft let down by championship level defensive errors) but he stuck to his guns, and believed in and never deviated from the philosophy he was trying to establish there.

Bad sacking, after they had clawed their way out of the bottom 3, while never resorting to Allardyce/Pulis Survival 101 Football. I'm with you, could very well be the man who is a suitable fit as far as working with the type of technical players Carr is recruiting. There's a disconnect with Pardew imho.

Re: Adkins, one man's trash, could very well be another man's treasure - especially with quality to reinforce his football philosophy. Going back to the first para - our full strength back 4 (with Haidara coming through, touchwood) is light years ahead of the tools he had to work with Southampton.

Kept himself composed well. Let's not go losing our dignity over this and start mouthing off at officials.

Fuck that. Sometimes you need to just be honest.

What good would it do? He gets a touchline ban and a fine, McManaman still gets off lightly and Haidara is still injured.

Pardew has to set an example to young fans, the players and his backroom team. If the club wish to make a complaint, I'm sure they'll do it through the correct channels.

Guest bimpy474

We lost with a combination of poor refereeing and lineman performance, but above all, we lost because we are fucking shocking going forward.

We lack any imagination around the box, add poor officials into that if you like but it's down to us and our terrible forward play, mainly.

Its not his fault our players couldnt pass the ball today

No composure. We rush everything. This is the problem and not the passing itself, if that makes sense. It's a mental thing. Watch the way Tiote plays as it epitomizes this notion. Everything is rushed to no positive end. For 90 minutes we play like we're in the last minute chasing an equalizer. All stems from Pardew's "shitting it" mentality.

We lost with a combination of poor refereeing and lineman performance, but above all, we lost because we are fucking shocking going forward.

We lack any imagination around the box, add poor officials into that if you like but it's down to us and our terrible forward play, mainly.

I think the criticism of our attacking play (especially our fluidity and movement) is very valid.

Actually was pleased with the way we started the game and we are at least trying to play some football but every game seems the same to me, there is too often a lack of movement, creativity and a final ball when we attack.

The Pardew genome is pretty see through. Team sits deep most of the match, striker gets little service and the most creative and dangerous player is tidying up and doing interchanges with the defence. Marv is playing almost where Hatem ends up most of the game. The real difference to us hasn't been any sea change in tactics or outlook but in the main Sissoko and his running and positivity. With Hatem AND Cabaye missing the shambles just looks more apparent.

What good would it do? He gets a touchline ban and a fine, McManaman still gets off lightly and Haidara is still injured.

Pardew has to set an example to young fans, the players and his backroom team. If the club wish to make a complaint, I'm sure they'll do it through the correct channels.

I wouldn't mind him getting a touchline ban but Pardew reacting would be pointless. 

Our attacking play has been diabolical under him the entire time he's been manager. In his first half season it was still very much Hughton's team. Once he put his stamp on the team last season we were efficient but kinda ugly to watch and scoring goals more by playing percentages and chance rather than by design. Most people (me included) excused it as we were winning but it was never a stable formula that was gonna last. If he stays he needs a number 2 who is a great tactician and attacking coach and needs to re-think the training schedule. Personally I would like to see him leave in the summer but I know it's not going to happen.

Guest bimpy474

I think the criticism of our attacking play (especially our fluidity and movement) is very valid.

Worryingly he thinks we are playing well. I'm no fan obviously with my previous comments on him, but i've held off lately, but the overall attacking play is woeful and he seems oblivious to it.

Guest Dontooner

We lost with a combination of poor refereeing and lineman performance, but above all, we lost because we are f***ing shocking going forward.

Worryingly he thinks we are playing well. I'm no fan obviously with my previous comments on him, but i've held off lately, but the overall attacking play is woeful and he seems oblivious to it.

Pardew probably thinks its the right way to play football. No one can be that dim when performances are so bad and yet stick to it Unless they believe its the right way.

Kept himself composed well. Let's not go losing our dignity over this and start mouthing off at officials.

f*** that. Sometimes you need to just be honest.

Who cares.

I've had a pop at him on occasion but, because we're stuck with the guy, have tried to be constructive, HOWEVER, there's no question he sets him teams up not to concede rather than to score.

70 mins and only 1 shot on target against a rookie keeper says it all for me.  That type of performance happens way too often for it to be the players fault.

That it has taken 2 years to come to that conclusion for some is beyond me. We won´t improve with this man it´s a fact.

Guest bimpy474

I've had a pop at him on occasion but, because we're stuck with the guy, have tried to be constructive, HOWEVER, there's no question he sets him teams up not to concede rather than to score.

I actually dont think he does, i just think he is useless overall. I think he doesn't have a style of football, for all his talk, he just isn't very good.

There was a funny bit where Marv passed to def and waited hands on hip and they both looked around and nobody offered themselves and Marv has to run up the pitch 10 yards to get the def out of shit. I mean what is going here? :lol:

Yup. We lost because of the referee and his assistants - plain and simply.

No we didn't.

Yes we did. Maybe a rewording would help comprehension. Wigan won mainly due to refereeing incompetency.